2020 Scottish Cup Winners v Ross County

We failed to adjust to either the conditions or the red card. Plenty of our fans like to agitate for two strikers, but when you play both Cosgrove and Main at the same time, I worry that it is far too easy just to hook long, aimless punts up the park, and I see little evidence for its effectiveness. 

Substitutions were a bit strange, too - McGeouch should have been on much earlier, probably straight after Campbell was sent off. We defended both goals poorly, although two good finishes from McKay. I thought Logan and McKenna had especially poor games. 

The most frustrating part is it's another team who've set up to take a draw and walked away with the win and didn't have to work too hard for it.
The red obviously makes things difficult but we were unlucky with a couple of other chances. Fair play to County, two great finishes.

"sett up to take the draw"

"Didn't have to work too hard for it"

oh ya fucker.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The most frustrating part is it's another team who've set up to take a draw and walked away with the win and didn't have to work too hard for it.

The red obviously makes things difficult but we were unlucky with a couple of other chances. Fair play to County, two great finishes.

I think it’s a bit unfair saying we were set up to take a draw, which implies we were parking the bus. Two strikers on the pitch from the start suggests we wanted to make a game of it. Ironic that Aberdeen fans seem to be split to whether two strikers is to adventurous. Having said that we’d have taken the draw but we expected to concede goals, and to get a draw we would have to score. 

Just now, Staggie52 said:

I think it’s a bit unfair saying we were set up to take a draw, which implies we were parking the bus. 

You'll soon learn that every team that visits Pittodrie is a "negative side who came to stop us playing".

2 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I think it’s a bit unfair saying we were set up to take a draw, which implies we were parking the bus. Two strikers on the pitch from the start suggests we wanted to make a game of it. Ironic that Aberdeen fans seem to be split to whether two strikers is to adventurous. Having said that we’d have taken the draw but we expected to concede goals, and to get a draw we would have to score. 

I've not said you parked the bus. There wasn't much attacking intent from County until after we lost a man. Your manager said on the radio he'd have taken a draw beforehand.

We set up for a draw against the gun a few weeks ago and had the best of the chances.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've not said you parked the bus. There wasn't much attacking intent from County until after we lost a man. Your manager said on the radio he'd have taken a draw beforehand.

We set up for a draw against the gun a few weeks ago and had the best of the chances.

Of course we’d have taken a draw, we’re trying to avoid relegation playing against a team hoping to get third place. Maybe there wasn’t much attacking intent because we were playing a team that didn’t allow it? We set up to win it with the best team we could put on the pitch, if we’d been home against Hamilton, it would have been the same team.  We don’t have a defence that we could set up to get a draw against anyone.

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

From where I'm sat it looked like he'd just had the ball smashed against him. There was a cluster of players in the way though.

That's how I saw it, thought it was peak Vigurs, but maybe that was the beer goggles after 3hrs in Archie Simpsons.

Was raging that we weren't making more of the extra man, but all was well in the end.  2 great finishes by Billy and assists from Ricky Booooooo Foster and Cowie

Just now, Staggie52 said:

Of course we’d have taken a draw, we’re trying to avoid relegation playing against a team hoping to get third place. Maybe there wasn’t much attacking intent because we were playing a team that didn’t allow it? We set up to win it with the best team we could put on the pitch, if we’d been home against Hamilton, it would have been the same team.  We don’t have a defence that we could set up to get a draw against anyone.

If that's your opinion then fair enough. From watching the game that was the impression I got.

1 minute ago, StuartTaylor said:

That's how I saw it, thought it was peak Vigurs, but maybe that was the beer goggles after 3hrs in Archie Simpsons.

Was raging that we weren't making more of the extra man, but all was well in the end.  2 great finishes by Billy and assists from Ricky Booooooo Foster and Cowie

Our manager and Dons on here have said it was a definite second yellow so I've no complaints. 

Was annoyed in the second half when Erwin (I think) made a similar foul in almost the same position as Campbell's and then kicked the ball away when we went to take the free kick and got away with it. Hence my comment about the pedantry.

38 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That must be a right scunner when you support an attacking side like Aberdeen.