Sign in to follow this  
Bantabairn

Falkirk vs Montrose

This is a free hit for us. Weve got absolutely no pressure or expectations from this game. We've got games in hand. Win those and we can sneak up to third place. A point or 3 from this game would be a massive boost. Dropping points would be a huge kick in the bawbag for Falkirk.

C'Mon the Mo. 

Joking aside:
- I expect us to win on Saturday
- we need to win on Saturday
- it'll be a difficult game
- both teams will score
- When montrose do score everyone needs to keep the heid

If montrose come and attack it could leave some space for Sammon and Longridge to exploit.

Other than the fates have a certain love for smacking the piss out of people for the fun of it. Take our lovely 3-2 loss to Stranraer a while ago...it would not be League One if you don’t have the occasional banana peel.

You could also take our 1-1 draw at Stranraer recently too. But we’re at home. We look solid at home just now and we have no reason to fear even a decent part time club.
So why there’s so much negativity on this thread I don’t know. Probably a hangover from the McKinnon mismanagement. Personally I think we should be looking upwards, not downwards, from here....

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You could also take our 1-1 draw at Stranraer recently too. But we’re at home. We look solid at home just now and we have no reason to fear even a decent part time club.
So why there’s so much negativity on this thread I don’t know. Probably a hangover from the McKinnon mismanagement. Personally I think we should be looking upwards, not downwards, from here....

Looking upwards is a sure way to trip...

Montrose have looked improved for a while, so it’s no flash in the pan. They are building a bit of fixture congestion, but not enough to be a problem yet.

Looking upwards is a sure way to trip...
Montrose have looked improved for a while, so it’s no flash in the pan. They are building a bit of fixture congestion, but not enough to be a problem yet.
Can you do the decent thing and usher that Regan Hendry clown back to your own thread plz

Montrose are on an excellent run and I expect them to make the play-offs, but that's been built on beating the teams around and below them. They've taken 0 points from their 5 games against ourselves and Raith and I'd be disappointed if that changed tomorrow.

If I had the wings of a sparrow,
If I had the a*se of a crow,
I’d fly over Falkirk tomorrow
And sh*te on the b*stards below, below

Sh*te on,
Sh*te on,
Sh*te on the b*stards below, below

Sh*te on,
Sh*te on,
Sh*te on the b*stards below

IMG_2924.jpg

It’s a tough one for the Mo, but we won’t have the same pressure as Falkirk. 
They  played a very entertaining game last week against Dumbarton, the 2-1 score didn’t portray the game, Dumbarton spent most of it fire fighting, while the Mo looked like they were  out to enjoy it.

I think Falkirk will win, but you never know and it should be a good game to watch

3-0 Bairns 

Gary Miller with them all.

^^Thinks we should win every game 15-0 & should've won the league by the end of September.

^^

Accepting of mediocrity.

Sorry but any team, outside the last two years in our last 30 years would have romped this league.

I remember the year we won the Championship in 2004 we had that league won in December. 14 points clear.

Now I never believed we would romp this league, in fact I got a bit of stick for being negative about our chances. However mediocrity is ingrained in a lot of the support and are accepting shite when really at best it is just average at best.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

^^

Accepting of mediocrity.

Sorry but any team, outside the last two years in our last 30 years would have romped this league.

I remember the year we won the Championship in 2004 we had that league won in December. 14 points clear.

Now I never believed we would romp this league, in fact I got a bit of stick for being negative about our chances. However mediocrity is ingrained in a lot of the support and are accepting shite when really at best it is just average at best.

I think you're being a bit arrogant, BPM. Montrose might not fill the away end but they'll bring a bear-pit atmosphere. It's their cup final. They'll make us believe we're playing on a ploughed park of a surface & our players will feel like the crowd are right on top of them, they'll hear every individual shout & we simply aren't used to the rough & tumble at this level. We're in for a culture shock & wont be so full of ourselves once we've been here for a couple of seasons. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

^^

Accepting of mediocrity.

i dont think its mediocrity being ingrained but due to the last 2 seasons we have came to expect the worst case scenario when all things related Falkirk come up. as lets face it f**king things up seems to be one of the main things we have got good at.  Granted there is a bit of a feel good factor with MandM but theres still that element until we are clear i dont want any prediction on the league to bite me on the arse although that bit of confidence is slowly returning the Forfar game at that bit of we have our club back about it.

Edited by AL-FFC

Another game that would’ve been in serious doubt due to the rain now guaranteed to be on because of the plastic pitch. Say what you like about it but it’s saved us a slab of income this season already 

I think you're being a bit arrogant, BPM. Montrose might not fill the away end but they'll bring a bear-pit atmosphere. It's their cup final. They'll make us believe we're playing on a ploughed park of a surface & our players will feel like the crowd are right on top of them, they'll hear every individual shout & we simply aren't used to the rough & tumble at this level. We're in for a culture shock & wont be so full of ourselves once we've been here for a couple of seasons. 

Just about everything in this post is a nonsense.
We have been in this league for three quarters of a season, if we aren’t acclimatised by now we never will be.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

We have been in this league for three quarters of a season, if we aren’t acclimatised by now we never will be.

I mean come on mate. How can you not spot this whoosh

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

4bUV7Ls.gif.7a4a5cb13e43f8e4ddd14c69ec810ab3.gif

I mean come on mate. How can you not spot this whoosh

Bugger, last time I post anything whilst I have a head full of Tender response shite!

Our home league record under M & M:

Played 5, Won 4 Drawn 1, Scored 15 Conceded 1, Points 13.

The draw was the 1-1 v Raith where we played with 10 men.

Prior to that we lost both our home fixtures under McKinnon. Airdrie and Clyde.