Can’t see much change to the starting eleven after comfortable win mid week, if we can get out the blocks quicker and  get an early goal, it would see away teams opening up, Montrose are a fairly decent team so we need to keep up the recent fight and determination for 90 mins.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game tbh. Montrose have been one of the few teams to impress me over the season, yet we’ve taken the maximum of 6 points from them. Wouldn’t be overly surprised with our luck to change with a draw on Saturday. 

With regards to the starting 11, I’d swap Todd in Sammon and push LL up front. 

Edited by wee_bairn

I think Longridge will be back on the bench with Todd starting. Longridge for the last 20mins against part time teams seems more effective

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Can’t see much change to the starting eleven after comfortable win mid week, if we can get out the blocks quicker and  get an early goal, it would see away teams opening up, Montrose are a fairly decent team so we need to keep up the recent fight and determination for 90 mins.

I actually thought we started far better on Tuesday than we have for a while. We were on the front foot for a change but were let down in the final 3rd. The longer the half went on though the more we seemed to fall out the game.

I think it's fair to say Falkirk were fortunate to take all 3 points in the previous 2 games against the Mo but the fact is - they did. That shows they play for the full 90 minutes as full time teams should and if you don't - you could lose. The Bairns look to have improved since the last meeting. Montrose have as well and will hopefully be determined to stay the pace for the full 90 by not giving away silly goals this time. I'd settle for a point but with the Mo this season anything is possible.  Hope the weather doesn't adversely affect what should be a decent game.

1 minute ago, MOFOREVER said:

I think it's fair to say Falkirk were fortunate to take all 3 points in the previous 2 games against the Mo but the fact is - they did. That shows they play for the full 90 minutes as full time teams should and if you don't - you could lose. The Bairns look to have improved since the last meeting. Montrose have as well and will hopefully be determined to stay the pace for the full 90 by not giving away silly goals this time. I'd settle for a point but with the Mo this season anything is possible.  Hope the weather doesn't adversely affect what should be a decent game.

We could’ve been 0-4 up at your place.

Home game in August we were lucky to win 

9 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

Got to give yous guys credit, at least you play so neat and tidy football, unlike most who set up with two banks of five 

Montrose were absolutely woeful at TFS earlier this season with some of the most chronic time wasting I've ever seen as well. They've improved significantly since then and I'd take any kind of win here 

Montrose were absolutely woeful at TFS earlier this season with some of the most chronic time wasting I've ever seen as well. They've improved significantly since then and I'd take any kind of win here 
Mate you only beat us by one goal and our dodgy keeper threw the ball against big Sammon'sback into the net

9 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Mate you only beat us by one goal and our dodgy keeper threw the ball against big Sammon'sback into the net emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Please dont remind us how crap we were back then.  Thankfully we've improved since. We cant afford to drop any points at home between now and may if we're to go up so I'm confident of 3 pts here. Away fixture will be very tricky though.

Just watched the highlights from christmas again. We missed some amount of gilt edged chances!

I thought Gary Miller was a wee bit OTT with the headlock on Doyle on sat. Just noticed he did the same to connolly after the winner at montrose. Could have found his trademark move

Being at home this week I can only think regulation win. Mo fans f**k me off also.

G Miller to score and the entire team including subs to put him in a celebratory headlock.

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Mate you only beat us by one goal and our dodgy keeper threw the ball against big Sammon'sback into the net emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Yeah HOW SILLY ARE WE!!! 😂

4 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

Two goalie mistakes that has seen us take 6pts really.

I was trying to remember the goalie we loaned to yourselves a wee while back whilst at our game on Tuesday. I can use my mate google to see it was Alex Tokarczyk, I did recall that I watched the highlights of his debut 2-2 and the following 7-0 defeat, what a record of played 3 lost 12 goals.....!!!

I hope the Miller effect on Tuesday has seen both Sammon and McMillan up there game in training this week and hopefully on the park, can only see Longridge being the one to make way from Tuesday tbh

I had forgotten about him.

I think he played once, maybe twice for us? He certainly conceded against Fraserburgh in the cup, I remember that.

Just watched the highlights from christmas again. We missed some amount of gilt edged chances!

I thought Gary Miller was a wee bit OTT with the headlock on Doyle on sat. Just noticed he did the same to connolly after the winner at montrose. Could have found his trademark move

Being at home this week I can only think regulation win. Mo fans f**k me off also.

G Miller to score and the entire team including subs to put him in a celebratory headlock.

And what have Montrose Fans ever done to you?

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:

I thought Gary Miller was a wee bit OTT with the headlock on Doyle on sat. Just noticed he did the same to connolly after the winner at montrose. Could have found his trademark move emoji16.png

Someone wrestled Dixon to the ground after he scored late the other week. I will now assume it was Gary the thriller Miller*

*short notice wrestling name, lets do more though, we can do better IMO

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone wrestled Dixon to the ground after he scored late the other week. I will now assume it was Gary the thriller Miller*

*short notice wrestling name, lets do more though, we can do better IMO

Gary the Growling Grappler!

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Two goalie mistakes that has seen us take 6pts really.

I was trying to remember the goalie we loaned to yourselves a wee while back whilst at our game on Tuesday. I can use my mate google to see it was Alex Tokarczyk, I did recall that I watched the highlights of his debut 2-2 and the following 7-0 defeat, what a record of played 3 lost 12 goals.....!!!

I hope the Miller effect on Tuesday has seen both Sammon and McMillan up there game in training this week and hopefully on the park, can only see Longridge being the one to make way from Tuesday tbh

Longridge was very poor on Tuesday, looked a bit disinterested. Maybe carrying a knock or a bit low in confidence for whatever reason however, I'd still play him on Saturday, up top with McManus. We already know that the McManus & McMillan/Sammon combos don't work very well so it's got to be worth a try?

Longridge was very poor on Tuesday, looked a bit disinterested. Maybe carrying a knock or a bit low in confidence for whatever reason however, I'd still play him on Saturday, up top with McManus. We already know that the McManus & McMillan/Sammon combos don't work very well so it's got to be worth a try?
Sammon and McManus kind of does work of a fashion. Sammon never looks good in it, but he has laid a few on for McManus

Although Falkirk got an important result on Tuesday night the Mo are playing well and are grinding out results therefore I think there is potential we can cause an upset. Fully expect a few changes for this game as we have a very important game next Tuesday against Stranraer. A draw would be a brilliant result for the Gable Endies.