johnstone burgh friday night game

ricky burgh

15 minutes ago, ricky burgh said:

tonights game Johnstone burgh v Lugar Boswell is on 7-30 kick off

17 minutes ago, ricky burgh said:

tonights game Johnstone burgh v Lugar Boswell is on 7-30 kick off

The stv has footage of the black cart having burst its banks and their is heavy flooding and high winds . 

Great performance by Johnstone Burgh, rewarding the proactive decision to move the game to a Friday astro to avoid the otherwise inevitable PP.

Winds not that bad - didn't interfere with play.  Ref OK with it, ball not moving by itself, planes landing at the nearby airport, and the only flooded road I encountered on my drive from Aberdeen was the Renfrew car park !

If some folks prefer to sit in the house, that's up to them. But don't dictate to the rest of us that we also have to.

Edited by LeedsPhil

Great performance by Johnstone Burgh, rewarding the proactive decision to move the game to a Friday astro to avoid the otherwise inevitable PP.
Winds not that bad - didn't interfere with play.  Ref OK with it, ball not moving by itself, planes landing at the nearby airport, and the only flooded road I encountered on my drive from Aberdeen was the Renfrew car park !
If some folks prefer to sit in the house, that's up to them. But don't dictate to the rest of us that we also have to.

You wearing the wife’s knickers again ?
Elastic too tight ??

Calm yerself down mate ...... nobody ‘dictating’ anything.

The wind is probably 50 mph EVERY day in Aberdeen .... I guess we’re just not used to it down here !

Was that a test to see if I could count up to 7 ?

I actually know somebody who was at the game and ... in continuation of Post No 8 ( thats the one after mine ! ) ...... described it as farcical from start to finish.
My point was based on the fact that football in those conditions is both sh**e to watch and .... play in.
And with flooding on the local road network ..... was it really worth it for a game of lower league football ?
If you’re like this when your teams just won 8-0 ...... I’d hate to see you when you’re grumpy [emoji35]

Not "my team".

Glad of an extra game to attend this weekend, as a neutral on Friday, to add to the one I attended as a neutral on Saturday (Hawick) and the one I attended as a neutral on Sunday (Kincorth).

It was playable, else the Ref would have put it Off - his call, not the clubs', and not for anyone to hysterically demand sat indoors behind a keyboard. Hope you had as great a weekend as I did.

Thanks Phil  nice to see you at the game , I don't  know why the fuss was concerning this fixture , as you said earlier the wind did not affect this game , if I had any gripes it wpuld have been the rain which again although constant  did not effect the game in any way,   I did not see any criticism about the games played on Saturday. which had been played in conditions which where slightly worse if anything.

I think Johnstone Burgh should be commended, not castigated.

In view of their fixtures pile up and the fact that they have only played 13 league games and are still in the Ardagh Group West of Scotland Cup, they've given up home advantage and took a financial hit to get a game played that otherwise would have been postponed.

Erm,...naw Kennie,...you are reading this wrongly...Both clubs should be commended for getting the fixture played in awkward conditions. The farce was that Lugar Boswell managed to be completely shite from start to finish after I'd been bigging them up all day to my pal who had to swim from Lochwinnoch to watch them. Nobody is "castigating" the Burgh or the fixture secretary. I'm just a bit miffed at Lugar. What would Sanny McSorland have said about that capitulation ?

Edited by Black Pennel
forgot something or other...