Dumbarton v Forfar

Any update regarding the pitch condition [mention=59039]Dumbarton Rock[/mention]
Dumbarton officials have confirmed that there is currently some surface water on the pitch with fairly high winds also battering the area.

According to FAFC website

The problem is that this is only a temporary break. More rain expected later in the day.

If they could clear the standing water then the pitch would be heavy and liable to cut up. If it rained again then we'd be back to having standing water again. Even if the game could start, would it be sure to finish?

Looking at the forecast we're due heavy rain 11-12 - and then it flicks to showers. 

Even if it passes the inspection now (which I can't see given the above comments) then a deluge between 11 and 12 could kill it. Even if it might end up playable again by 3.

Frustrating though. It's a big game for both clubs and it'll hit the club in the pocket only having played once at home in 2020.

That was the oitch this morning, I was quite surprised how well it held up considering the rain we had last night. Commonsense prevailed I think the ref had to call it with the weather conditions not going to improve. He had a ball and it was rolling about the park on it's own lol. If he had waited he would have had to get the keepers out to see if they could kick the ball out and if they failed it would then get called off. Trust me with that wind direction they would have failed. 20200222_080249.jpeg

Bump. Assuming the weather clears up a bit.

Hoping that we might see Layne or Jai starting this one. Maybe the two of them together which excites me a wee bit. Forbes deserves a start too as him and Layne both made an impact on Saturday.

Back-to-back wins, three consecutive home clean sheets and playing a side we've already beaten three times this season where victory would make us as good as safe. We all know how this one's going to go.

Dumbarton 0-3 Forfar Athletic (Doris 22', Tapping 48', Kirkpatrick 74').

19 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Bump. Assuming the weather clears up a bit.

Hoping that we might see Layne or Jai starting this one. Maybe the two of them together which excites me a wee bit. Forbes deserves a start too as him and Layne both made an impact on Saturday.

Back-to-back wins, three consecutive home clean sheets and playing a side we've already beaten three times this season where victory would make us as good as safe. We all know how this one's going to go.

Dumbarton 0-3 Forfar Athletic (Doris 22', Tapping 48', Kirkpatrick 74').

Jai in for McCluskey, Forbes for Langan, Layne for Jones. Those 3 played in the formation we played at the weekend would work I think. Layne is great at bringing wide men into play, if Jai is bombing on one side and PJ on the other we'll surely cause problems. Would be great to make it three wins on the trot and seal safety, even though I wish we were still involved for 4th.

Think we must start with Jai and Crossan on the flanks,   Rico over lapping. Jones needs to have a hard look at himself  in the mirror and start making a contribution on the pitch. I'd have him dropped.  Let's get a couple goals and test the keeper from the get go.