Dumbarton v Forfar

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We really found a shape that got the most out of Forbes, McKee and Carsy tonight. Fair play to Duffy for that, all three were excellent - but Forbes especially was superb. It’s taken him time to settle back in, but in the last two games he’s show just how valuable a player he can be. An on form Forbes, McKee playing to his usual high standard and a back to himself Carsy is a ridiculous good midfield three at this level.

PJ might flick between being a world beater and being a frustrating one trick pony who tries to cut inside too often, but I thought he was a real livewire tonight. The link up between him and Forbes for Jai’s goal was absolutely gorgeous. I think most people had us down as a team of hardworking jobbers who’d drag teams into a battle, but we played some excellent stuff tonight. I can barely remember a Sons team ever controlling possession and looking as comfortable with the ball as we did.

Can only echo the Moonster’s comments on Rico too. The wee man was outstanding and he’s so loveable. He always gets stuck in and never hides - and that’s something you have to admire for such a young player. His solid defensively too for a relatively wee guy. The whole defence were solid mind you, big Morgyn Neill looks like Cannavaro rather than the bombscare he was at the start of the season these days. Spraying balls about and strolling it.

I feel for any Loons fans who bothered to come down for that. It was near enough an identical showing to their previous two visits to the Rock this season. There’s ability there, no doubt about it, but there’s no urgency, drive or motivation. It’s like their sitting in mid table with nothing to play for. Not scrapping for their League One lives.

Sums it all up really for me. Well said 

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

Ah, the despairing ‘f**k off’ as Jai slams in the second. Pleasing. 

My favourite thing about the goalcam is hearing the keeper and the defenders scream at each other. There's a point in the first half where McCallum screams at the right back that he should be squeezing the play across and he turns and screams back "AM IT THE EDGE EH THE FUCKING BOX" with his arms out wide. I love that shit, you always think football will be full of clever instructions being sent out, insightful tactics and strong organisation, but most of the time it's just people telling each other to f**k off.

57 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I love that shit, you always think football will be full of clever instructions being sent out, insightful tactics and strong organisation, but most of the time it's just people telling each other to f**k off.

Like most workplaces (or is it just mine?).