Dumbarton v Forfar

We’d have a fighting chance with a goal/assist threat in the team.
Last 5 games with forbes - 4 points

Last 5 games without forbes - 5 points

Shite with, shite without.

Great showing tonite by Dumbarton, looked hungry from the get go.   JAI, PJ, WARDROP, MCLUSKY. Infact a real good team effort. Well done lads. Another good three points. Let's keep the momentum . Langan should have got a call up before Jones tho ! 

Guest bernardblack
Last 5 games with forbes - 4 points

Last 5 games without forbes - 5 points

Shite with, shite without.

Last five games with Forbes against Falkirk, Raith, Airdrie, Montrose and Stranraer....just the 3 goals for Forbes.

Last five games without Forbes were against Dumbarton, East Fife, Peterhead, Stranraer and Clyde.

Come on now.

Last five games with Forbes against Falkirk, Raith, Airdrie, Montrose and Stranraer....just the 3 goals for Forbes.

Last five games without Forbes were against Dumbarton, East Fife, Peterhead, Stranraer and Clyde.

Come on now.
Not to mention set piece delivery.

Just like the summer when we wouldn't miss Easton or Reilly

Come on now.
You have to be on glue if you think he's the difference between going down & staying up.

Unless this is ross forbes?

If so... You're a fat melt.

Guest bernardblack
You have to be on glue if you think he's the difference between going down & staying up.

Unless this is ross forbes?

If so... You're a fat melt.

Once again, I said we’d have a fighting chance of staying up if he was still here.

I’m just stating facts in the comparison you made, between two sample sizes that were not of equal difficulty.

Moving on......

We cannot play 4-4-2 against Raith next week. Back to 4-2-3-1 with Doris alone up top.

Once again, I said we’d have a fighting chance of staying up if he was still here.

I’m just stating facts in the comparison you made, between two sample sizes that were not of equal difficulty.

Moving on......

We cannot play 4-4-2 against Raith next week. Back to 4-2-3-1 with Doris alone up top.
Min, facts are, we're shit.

We'd have a fighting chance with messi in the squad but my money would still be on going down.

Strolled it. For a team down in 9th place Forfar weren't exactly fighting for their lives. No urgency from them at all, which surprised me. Forbes, McKee and Carswell were confident on the ball and busy off it, I like those 3 in there together. Up front Jai was quite quiet but took the second goal well after a good move. 

An excellent three wins that keep us safe from relegation, I would hope we will start planning for next season now and get some of the key guys signed up. Rico in particular, he was tremendous again tonight and grows every week.

Moonster-we haven’t had it so easy since the last league game against them at home 

forfar really poor which is why 4 games ago I wasn’t pessimistic about us being 9th. Forfar Peterhead and Clyde no better than us. Even raith looked our standard and they are top.

forbes did a lot better tonight and I thought mccluskey put in a fair shift. All did well enough

We really found a shape that got the most out of Forbes, McKee and Carsy tonight. Fair play to Duffy for that, all three were excellent - but Forbes especially was superb. It’s taken him time to settle back in, but in the last two games he’s show just how valuable a player he can be. An on form Forbes, McKee playing to his usual high standard and a back to himself Carsy is a ridiculous good midfield three at this level.

PJ might flick between being a world beater and being a frustrating one trick pony who tries to cut inside too often, but I thought he was a real livewire tonight. The link up between him and Forbes for Jai’s goal was absolutely gorgeous. I think most people had us down as a team of hardworking jobbers who’d drag teams into a battle, but we played some excellent stuff tonight. I can barely remember a Sons team ever controlling possession and looking as comfortable with the ball as we did.

Can only echo the Moonster’s comments on Rico too. The wee man was outstanding and he’s so loveable. He always gets stuck in and never hides - and that’s something you have to admire for such a young player. His solid defensively too for a relatively wee guy. The whole defence were solid mind you, big Morgyn Neill looks like Cannavaro rather than the bombscare he was at the start of the season these days. Spraying balls about and strolling it.

I feel for any Loons fans who bothered to come down for that. It was near enough an identical showing to their previous two visits to the Rock this season. There’s ability there, no doubt about it, but there’s no urgency, drive or motivation. It’s like their sitting in mid table with nothing to play for. Not scrapping for their League One lives.