Dumbarton v Forfar

Bump. Assuming the weather clears up a bit.
Hoping that we might see Layne or Jai starting this one. Maybe the two of them together which excites me a wee bit. Forbes deserves a start too as him and Layne both made an impact on Saturday.
Back-to-back wins, three consecutive home clean sheets and playing a side we've already beaten three times this season where victory would make us as good as safe. We all know how this one's going to go.
Dumbarton 0-3 Forfar Athletic (Doris 22', Tapping 48', Kirkpatrick 74').
The word is that the pitch may be struggling for Tuesday, especially if the current weather persists.

4 hours ago, nofixedability said:

To be be fair you either play him behind the striker or don’t play him. He clearly isn’t interested when out wide.

Much like Ross Forbes, Kirky is better and happier in the centre number 10 role. We seem to have struggled with wingers this year, Barr & Coupe being our only true wingers, yet Weir & Malks have played...deep breath...Forbes, Kirkpatrick, Tapping, Leitch, Mackintosh, Aitken, Burns out wide at some point this season (I'm sure Docherty probably played out wide at some point also, as he appeared to be undroppable). Jamie Bain has also played there and while he's traditionally a RB I think he is decent as a winger. We definitely need to recruit there in the summer ahead of our opening day fixture against Kelty Hearts in League Two (hopefully that doesn't happen and can remain a joke).

Much like Ross Forbes, Kirky is better and happier in the centre number 10 role. We seem to have struggled with wingers this year, Barr & Coupe being our only true wingers, yet Weir & Malks have played...deep breath...Forbes, Kirkpatrick, Tapping, Leitch, Mackintosh, Aitken, Burns out wide at some point this season (I'm sure Docherty probably played out wide at some point also, as he appeared to be undroppable). Jamie Bain has also played there and while he's traditionally a RB I think he is decent as a winger. We definitely need to recruit there in the summer ahead of our opening day fixture against Kelty Hearts in League Two (hopefully that doesn't happen and can remain a joke).

At least Kelty will be a new ground too visit then a trip around the highlands the following year , everything’s looking bright

Doesn't look like there's any inspection planned at the moment. The weathers been relatively good/dry yesterday and today and it looks like we'll only get some rain in between 12 and 2pm. Hopefully the pitch is okay and we get the game on.

Ross Forbes turns 31 today. Here's hoping he scores a worldy and celebrates by munching a bridie and rubbing his belly in front of the Forfar support.

Well I didn't want to scare you's before I knew the game would defo go ahead, but the sight that awaited us on Sunday morning was the worst ever. Still soft and will cut up but at least it's on. Before and after below. 20200301_113002.thumb.jpeg.b2b8604913228ac8c87b828bf3959a8a.jpeg20200301_113006.thumb.jpeg.c32b5f54ee9a456d7aafce0f4ac0297a.jpeg20200301_113013.thumb.jpeg.92089ecdfab107fba879e1593c527a61.jpeg20200301_113115.thumb.jpeg.e8b4af0b81bb499b47fa7d8dc43e9fdb.jpeg20200303_154659.thumb.jpeg.6ce061fb09e5689011c11cbed76dfef1.jpeg
Wow what a job. The wee bit the lino runs up is like when you used to go to T in the Park. I hope the lino has his wellies with him?

49 minutes ago, OKsons2020 said:

I hope the back of the net is playable, that's where the Forfar goalie is going to spend his evening 😁.    Cmmon the sons 

46 minutes ago, Brabco said:

My prediction is 5-1 for sons leading to Duffy taking Queen of the South job. 

Disappointing that I seem to have missed the prematch puff puff pass.

Edited by The Moonster