Dumbarton v Forfar

I have to say I agree about this being a must win. Lose here and Clyde and we'll be stick on favourites for ninth, win both and we should be very near safety. I'm hoping the players realise that and don't turn in a performance like last weekend.

Lineup wise I simply have no idea what our strongest team is. I liked the look of Jai and PJ up top together on Saturday, and it was certainly preferable to Jones and McCluskey - who, post hit by McCluskey aside, never looked like causing Montrose any issues at all.

McKee being back fit would obviously be huge. Although who he comes in for I'm not quite sure. Could we pair him and Carsy in central-midfield? Should we drop Forbes and play him wide? And if we do that then who plays on the other wing - McCluskey? Because I'm not sure about that at all.

I was also a wee bit worried about Sam Wardrop on Saturday. Obviously he's coming back from a long time out, but he seemed to be lacking a wee bit of sharpness and almost appeared to get frustrated at himself. Which lead to clumsy challenges and wasteful shots from range. 

Hopefully that was just an off day though and being back on grass will suit him.

I don't care how we do it, I don't care one jot about the performance, I just want a win. We're now the most out of form team in the league and that needs sorting pronto because I wouldn't fancy our chances against Edinburgh City of "big-spending Queen's Park" (as I believe they are now known).

'Must win' is the cry, but I'm finding it really difficult to reconcile the currently available player with this demand.  The reality of the situation is that there was something of a purple patch of results  in the first third of the season but either side of it we have toiled pretty badly.  As a club we seem to be permanently skint and that in turn feeds into what happens on the pitch.  So, it's all about hope now.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

'Must win' is the cry, but I'm finding it really difficult to reconcile the currently available player with this demand.  The reality of the situation is that there was something of a purple patch of results  in the first third of the season but either side of it we have toiled pretty badly.  As a club we seem to be permanently skint and that in turn feeds into what happens on the pitch.  So, it's all about hope now.

Going to agree with our bridie munching friend below here...

12 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

You boys do realise you are playing Forfar? Hardly worldbeaters. If only you were up against some gang you had already beaten three times this season.

Forfar have won 2 away games all season and one of those came on the opening day. They aren't going to show up here up and play us off the park, they'll be here to shitfest their way to some points. If we can't exploit the slow moving truck that is Gary Irvine with the pace we have up front then I'll agree we're buggered.

Must win. If we can't beat Forfar at home then we deserve to be drawn in to the relegation fight. 

I'd go 4-1-2-3. That depends on having Mckee back. God knows if Hutts will be. Has to be PJ and Jai wide and Jones through the middle. Wide players encouraged to cut inside and support the striker. Carswell to effectively play as an aggressive sweeper between the centre half pairing and our central midfielders. 

Duffy has to try something different here IMO. Dropping the shiters and playing the better players would be a start. Crossan and Quitongo to start, Jones and McCluskey on the bench. Forbes has been pish since his return and I'd happily see him replaced in the starting 11 by pretty much anyone who's fit.

I fully expect us to spend the afternoon humping balls up to Jones and managing to muster up 1 shot on target whilst conceding 1 solitary goal caused by a comedy of errors.