Peterhead V Diamonds

40 minutes ago, Granite Blue said:

What’s the weather like in Peterhead?

Sunny. Windy. Cold. 

Almost a summer day.

For us natives.

For our much softer southern brethren,  it's like Alaska in winter.

Had a look at my weather app( and the one my missus uses too, for an average)

At the moment it says its 5 degrees, but feels like minus 5.

Edited by As Easterly as it gets!
Further info.

16 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Having featured in the film "Gone with the wind", I expect Donald Trump to fly in to experience an Oscar performance by the groundsman? Raining down here at present. Hope it goes ahead.

Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn if the Trumpet decides to grace us with his presence. 

The wind will work wonders for his colour.

1 hour ago, As Easterly as it gets! said:

Sunny. Windy. Cold. 

Almost a summer day.

For us natives.

For our much softer southern brethren,  it's like Alaska in winter.

Had a look at my weather app( and the one my missus uses too, for an average)

At the moment it says its 5 degrees, but feels like minus 5.

Just back from watching my grandson play on the astroturf pitches next to Balmoor - it's absolutely Baltic. There's a strong westerly wind which will be blowing right across the pitch into the East Stand - normal survival suits advised.

26 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

We didn't do enough to get anything out of that, we created f**k all. Serious lack of goals in this team. Airdrie didn't have to do a lot to win that, their defence was very good though.

Serious lack of goals in the team and we have 3 forwards on the bench - Lyle, Boyd and Cook? 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

We didn't do enough to get anything out of that, we created f**k all. Serious lack of goals in this team. Airdrie didn't have to do a lot to win that, their defence was very good though.

Not much else can be said really, pity that for the third time this season a dubious penalty was given for them. We have too many players that seem to think 70% is enough to give, its not and would not think any team in the league are too worried about facing us at home or away. We have been unfortunate at times this season but waiting for our luck to change is not the answer we need to find characters willing to drive the rest on. Next two games could be season deciders

3 hours ago, peternapper said:

Not much else can be said really, pity that for the third time this season a dubious penalty was given for them. We have too many players that seem to think 70% is enough to give, its not and would not think any team in the league are too worried about facing us at home or away. We have been unfortunate at times this season but waiting for our luck to change is not the answer we need to find characters willing to drive the rest on. Next two games could be season deciders

I heard the shout from Airdrie's Smith following the challenge in the box and no one appeared to disagree, but truthfully I did not actually see it as I had looked at the near post area. My biased friends assured me it was a clear penalty but I will wait to see the TV tomorrow.  I think your problems were clearly up front where no one looked like a striker and despite being solid in midfield it lacked creativity, whereas Airdrie did create one really good move for the 2nd goal. The wind made it difficult for both teams in both halves .How we kept going but Arbroath was abandoned suggests some Dick Campbell magic. I thought Peterhead did play better against the wind but no real threat, while we did better in the 2nd half against the wind. It was bitterly cold in the blustery away stand and a wee bit of Perspex on the edges might have helped! The Pie and chips were first class before the match. It was a strange trip in passing through sleety Perthshire into cold but sunny Angus and then Aberdeenshire.  Your next games are indeed crucial  . We go on to Montrose and also a crucial game. Hope you can get some cheer this week.

Good to get another win, and clean-sheet, in (presumably) difficult conditions once again. We seem to be picking up a bit of form again so here's hoping we can continue in that vein to see out the season. 

Only 1 goal conceded since the Hearts game which, especially considering how that game went, is particularly impressive. I know he's not had a lot to do but hard to argue with the selection of Gallacher with that run of results. Good to see Kerr retain his place too. He deserved it after last week and glad to hear he had another solid display. 

Nice to see Thomson get a goal. He's well overdue a goal and if he could sharpen up his end product he could be a very dangerous player. 

Didn't realise Peterhead had quite so many ex diamonds in their team but glad none of them were able to put us to the sword. Strange to hear they were so toothless upfront but yet had a player like Steven Boyd on the bench. Not complaining though. 

Good to see Montrose dropping points though unfortunately to Falkirk's benefit. I know they have a game in hand midweek but it does create a bit of a gap between us and them which we will hopefully only extend next week. 

Don't know if Boyd is 100% yet as think he has only started one game, we do seem to make some chances but  either get in each other way or have nobody in the box, a number of times when he has come on he seems to drift deeper up the park, everyone seems to rate him as a striker for this level we need to get him in the box.. We seem to have demoralised Aiden Smith as well, when he came he was full of running and willing to take players on & it looked just a matter of time before he scored a few now near the end of Feb he looks oncertain in everything he tries and has still not found the net for us. After years of having R. McAllister on our top scorers trophy at the end of the season it is beginning to look as if this years winner may not have to reach double figures.

Ps good effort with the highlights from Airdrie of yesterdays game,  the penalty may be clearer when our highlights appear as taken from the other stand & not having to look into the usual glorious Peterhead sunshine 😎

Edited by peternapper

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Ps good effort with the highlights from Airdrie of yesterdays game,  the penalty may be clearer when our highlights appear as taken from the other stand & not having to look into the usual glorious Peterhead sunshine 😎

As promised I have seen the Diamonds TV and it looks as if Ferry either blocks/trips Smith as they are chasing into the box: I would also like to see the other camera view as well as you but the Ref was convinced so in many ways I am glad we don't have VAR. It was certainly sunshine but no heat in our area.  Steven Boyd was very impressive on loan at Albion rovers about 3 seasons ago but he is not an out and out striker, and seems to have lost the edge from his first real season with Hamilton. The Stonehaven fish supper was however top notch. 

4 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

As promised I have seen the Diamonds TV and it looks as if Ferry either blocks/trips Smith as they are chasing into the box: I would also like to see the other camera view as well as you but the Ref was convinced so in many ways I am glad we don't have VAR. It was certainly sunshine but no heat in our area.  Steven Boyd was very impressive on loan at Albion rovers about 3 seasons ago but he is not an out and out striker, and seems to have lost the edge from his first real season with Hamilton. The Stonehaven fish supper was however top notch. 

https://youtu.be/kwUKz0Zld60  Jims reaction after the game, must say he usually is quite honest in his summing up of games, basically says the guy tried to shoot but kicked Simons foot & went down but without sounding like a moan we have found ourselves on the wrong end of most decisions this season, it was certainly a bad time to go one behind.  

16 hours ago, peternapper said:

https://youtu.be/kwUKz0Zld60  Jims reaction after the game, must say he usually is quite honest in his summing up of games, basically says the guy tried to shoot but kicked Simons foot & went down but without sounding like a moan we have found ourselves on the wrong end of most decisions this season, it was certainly a bad time to go one behind.  

Caught up with the interview today and he was honest about the overall summing up. Penalties do change games and given the history this season I get the scepticism about it. I have still to see the home stand view so who knows whether Smith kicked Ferry's foot or not.  As for moaning that's what most fans do when things go against us. Even with VAR we will still argue the toss. Tough game for you tomorrow but it could be a tasty "derby"