Peterhead V Diamonds

Have a feeling the weather may have an effect in the game even going ahead but if it does I see a comfortable 3-0 win, we’re due to give a team a doing but I’ll settle for just the 3 goals. Murray hasn’t changed a winning team in the past and I don’t see why he should now!!

Would take a win of any sort at Balmoor on Saturday.

I missed the good run earlier in the season having been traumatised at the Montrose 1-3 game when we played as badly as I think I’ve ever seen.

I made my return at Broadwood for ‘that’ Clyde game but hadn’t seen much to convince me that we could go on another run since.
On Saturday that changed as I at last saw the team put in one of their best performances since that good run.

Andy Ryan makes such a difference as the main front man and really has a Championship pedigree. Could he be playing Championship football with the Diamonds rather than the Pars next season?? Here’s hoping.

Ian Murray also looks as though he’s brought in a good loanee in Ian Murray from Hibs giving us more midfield creativity.

The defence have been playing well of late and Leon McCann has been a revelation since he arrived. He’s held down the left back slot on merit at 17 yrs of age at the expense of Adam Eckersley for a large part of the season having taken his chance when Eckersley was injured.

We need to try and make sure of a top 4 spot first of all and then see where our performances take us thereafter.
Realistically the title should be Falkirk’s or Rovers but you just never know..................

Prediction:- A hard fought 0-1.

C’mon the Diamonds
[emoji815]️[emoji815]️[emoji815]️

Assuming the game goes ahead, any win will do. The hope is that confidence can be taken from getting back to winning ways last week, on the back of an improved performance whilst drawing in Dumbarton, and that this can be built upon further. Would be nice to see the same starting line up; their first half efforts certainly warrant it. 

If the Peterhead goalie wants to inexplicably gift us a indirect freekick in the box as well, that'd be just grand. 

21 hours ago, weigh cider said:

He’s held down the left back slot on merit at 17 yrs of age at the expense of Adam Eckersley for a large part of the season having taken his chance when Eckersley was injured.

Think he may be 19; but a small point. 

The weather looks wet and windy till lunch time on Saturday so if the best grass pitch can stand up to the rain between THU-Sat .and the wind drops to playable , then it could be a very tough match. I will wait till Friday before predicting but hope it goes ahead since the Stonehaven fish supper is so good , and the Peterhead Pie is good. Even with EF losing and Montrose still confident, the top four still is tight.

31 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Will have my gloves and tammy at the ready. There was a quite windy one about 3 season's ago which went ahead but if Gayfield can go ahead then so could Balmoor.

Just hope if it starts it can be finished unlike the Forfar game which I still think could have been completed. With most of our team having to travel at least as far as the Airdrie boys for this game & doing it again on Tuesday night for the Forfar game then away at Stranraer next Saturday its a big ask of part time players. If we are going to drop points probably better doing it against Airdrie as the other two games need to be won.

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

Just hope if it starts it can be finished unlike the Forfar game which I still think could have been completed. With most of our team having to travel at least as far as the Airdrie boys for this game & doing it again on Tuesday night for the Forfar game then away at Stranraer next Saturday its a big ask of part time players. If we are going to drop points probably better doing it against Airdrie as the other two games need to be won.

Hope it does go ahead and please drop some points against us? 

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

Its a fine sunny dry day with fairly light winds just now, as the saying goes tomorrow is another day but will have to hope  its ok come 3pm  tomorrow.

Having featured in the film "Gone with the wind", I expect Donald Trump to fly in to experience an Oscar performance by the groundsman? Raining down here at present. Hope it goes ahead.

4 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Having featured in the film "Gone with the wind", I expect Donald Trump to fly in to experience an Oscar performance by the groundsman? Raining down here at present. Hope it goes ahead.

A Balmoor breeze could play havoc with Donalds hairdo so would not expect him to turn up. Just home at 10.30 and we have not had any rain which is not a problem at Balmoor anyway.. There was word that given the forecast  direction  of the wind it could be across the park which may be not so bad.