The Efe Ambrose Appreciation Festival of Football

21 hours ago, Green Day said:

Yes, we are all aware of that dive last time out. Out of interest, was Dykes dive in the box yesterday in the first half more acceptable just because he is a Livi player?

Maybe we should just be grown up and acknowledge that professional players cheat instead of greetin about it?

As for my response, the lads upthread are giving it all "it isnae a penalty" which - shite rule though it is - is patently pish.

How it influenced the game is the biggest difference for me, Allan's got HIbs back in the game when they didn't look like getting anything, lifted the team scoring from that pen, Dykes didn't get the pen and it had no bearing on the outcome, if he had and we went on to win i'm pretty sure the outrage from Hibs fans would be on a whole new scale from what is being said just now. Just looks like it's being made an issue to cancel out Allan's abuse from Livi fans tbh.

7 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Not at all. Merely lambasting your player for being a cheat, as should be the case and was the case when Allan did the same in our last meeting at ER and your boys were raging at him. 

As I just said in my post above to Green Day, the only reason Dykes is still being mentioned here is because of what Allan did and the abuse he's getting from Livi fans for cheating, and if Dykes had got a pen and we went on to win the game profiting from him cheating then yeah, that would be on the same scale as Allan's, and Hibs fans would be equally pissed off about it, and rightly so.

On a scale of outrage from cheating i'd say whether a penalty is awarded makes a difference on how fans react and their outrage, when a goal is scored from it notches it up another couple of levels, and if that goal has a bearing on the outcome of the game notches it up to full blown outrage, and then to top it off, when guilty player tries to say he didn't cheat and was entitled to fall down to try and get a penalty, well, that's just taking the piss and the incident isn't going to be forgotten for a while. 

Well I'll make a prediction that this "discussion" will rumble on until at least Thursday night but the majority of Livi and Hibs fans will have lost interest by about Tuesday afternoon - leaving it to St Mirren; St Johnstone or Aberdeen supporters, and a ICT fan with an extremely bad sense of direction, to carry on the argument.

🈳

2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

As I just said in my post above to Green Day, the only reason Dykes is still being mentioned here is because of what Allan did and the abuse he's getting from Livi fans for cheating,

It's a curious state of affairs where your grievance relating to what happened two games and six months ago is the primary topic for discussion, while Dykes' diving incident that happened in last Saturday's match is offtopic for last Saturday's match thread.

Didn’t even register that Livi fans had a problem with Allan and his ‘diving’ antics.

This is probably because they are the most insignificant and irrelevant club not in the Premiership, but quite possibly in the SPFL at large.

“But they’re above you in the table ha ha”. Maybe so, but they’ll forever be scrambling for relevance.

3 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Didn’t even register that Livi fans had a problem with Allan and his ‘diving’ antics.

This is probably because they are the most insignificant and irrelevant club not in the Premiership, but quite possibly in the SPFL at large.

“But they’re above you in the table ha ha”. Maybe so, but they’ll forever be scrambling for relevance.

Struggling to deal with the natural order of the Lothians obviously. 

Honestly having seen it back on Sportscene, the Dykes incident is a penalty. He's tried to stay on his feet thinking he was through and then after he realises he isn't (following the contact) goes down. There's contact and I've seen them given. Arguably another penalty shout at the other side when Pittman has a shot from about 7 yards out, Hibs defender plays the man instead of the ball and takes him out as he's shooting

#scrambling0_CMP_SDR_180220EfeAmbroseLivi_12JPG.jpeg2_45057578.jpegcis-cup-winners-2004.jpeg

Not bothered we didn't make moves to bring EA back. The fact he says he doesn't regret snubbing us for Derby and not kicking a ball for over a year tells me Livi is the right club for him. 
You could have done with him on Saturday. Our equaliser, while well worked on our end, was mainly the result of some very shite defending.

1 minute ago, hoobahabba said:
7 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:
Not bothered we didn't make moves to bring EA back. The fact he says he doesn't regret snubbing us for Derby and not kicking a ball for over a year tells me Livi is the right club for him. 

You could have done with him on Saturday. Our equaliser, while well worked on our end, was mainly the result of some very shite defending.

Up to Ross and his coaches to sort that out. 

8 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Yeah clearly not bothered about Livi being the best team in the Lothians, you've got it bad. 

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

He's gonna help us qualify for a European place, so yep, Livi is the right club for him.

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Slightly off topic but can someone please tell me why Hibernian actually let Bartley go? He's been immense for us this season and we've clearly been the poorer when he's been injured.

Did he have a bad season last year or something?

He wasn't getting a regular game, was brought in when we faced the cloggers of the league i.e. Gunts, Aberdeen, Livi and Hamilton etc. Probably him that wanted first team football. I saw him early on in the season for you against Kilmarnock and he was dreadful, but obviously come good since then.

3 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

He wasn't getting a regular game, was brought in when we faced the cloggers of the league i.e. Gunts, Aberdeen, Livi and Hamilton etc. Probably him that wanted first team football. I saw him early on in the season for you against Kilmarnock and he was dreadful, but obviously come good since then.

Yep, he's up there with Dykes as  a PoTY contender. Protects our defence well and has been immense at marshalling our midfield, and got made Captain with Lithgow being out for a while.

Yep, he's up there with Dykes as  a PoTY contender. Protects our defence well and has been immense at marshalling our midfield, and got made Captain with Lithgow being out for a while.
Also he enjoys a marauding run down the wing every so often, beating players for fun

20 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

You forgot to add in that Paul Heckinbotham told him he (and Mark Milliagan) wouldnt be getting a regular game because he was bringing in a box to box midfielder - Josh Vela.......................

The entire time that Heckingbotham and Vela were here, all Hibs fans were saying that a big strong DM was what we need - i.e. someone like Marv.

Ultimately its one of the reasons the manager was sacked so at least there is a silver lining in there somewhere.

4 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:
19 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also he enjoys a marauding run down the wing every so often, beating players for fun

Put in some delightful crosses for an assist or two as well.

This is turning into the Marvin Bartley appreciation thread.😍

Edited by LIVIFOREVER