The Efe Ambrose Appreciation Festival of Football

Technically a penalty, but the rule which makes it one is a fucking disgrace. There's no way the defender can not let that hit his hand, except ironically by not blocking the ball in an "unnatural" way.

Livingston were worth a point. No urgency from Hibs until about 5 minutes to go. If we don't catch Livingston, Motherwell or Aberdeen the timidity we have at times will be to blame.

Thought Efe was class, you could see right away he has confidence in tight situations, and skill to back it up, can't wait to see him once he gels with the team and knows how we play, really wouldn't have known he hasn't played for a year. Also looking forward to seeing him and Marv playing together, what a couple of brilliant signing they are.

Big bad Jon was solid as a rock in defence, another great signing, Mr dependable in defence.

We started a bit sloppy giving the ball away, esp Lawson, gave it away a few times at the halfway line, giving Hibs the chance to counter on us, wasn't just him though, we were doing it all first half, and Hibs looked a lot better than us passing the ball about. Was still pretty even till they got their penalty, and even though McCrorie saved it, they lifted their game for a spell afterwards and pressed us hard.

Second half was a lot better, thought their goal was a bit fortunate too, sure it took a deflection, but credit to our players for coming back and getting the equaliser. ATS had a practice run just before his goal where he headed it past the post, if he'd stuck it on target he prob would've scored that one too, but lets not be greedy, well stuck away with the one he scored. As was said earlier, Dykes didn't look his usual self, so not surprised to hear Holt say he was suffering from an illness, still put in a good shift, but not quite as sharp as he normally is.

All in all a good point for us away from home, said before the game i'd have been happy with the draw, and on balance of play I think we deserved it.

17 hours ago, A Livi Fan said:

Draw was a fair result but when was the last time we went to easter road and didnt have a (dodgy) penalty against us?

What was dodgy about it?

17 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Hibs. Diving all game. Pen was never a pen. Good save. Allan swinging a corner into the side netting and getting hooked after 10 mins of the second half was also pleasing.

Livi. Were decent. Defended well. Lawless wasnt great aside from his cross for the equaliser. McMillan was probably my MOTM before he was subbed. Lawson was decent also.

Overall fair result on the balance of play.

Last sentence is about the only thing that's accurate here.........

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

What was dodgy about it?

Last sentence is about the only thing that's accurate here.........

Last time, the Allan one was obviously a dive. If anyone was to miss a penalty against us I’m delighted it was him. This time, the ball hit ATS’s arm and f**k knows how to interpret the rule but it is what it is.

Felt Lawson gave the ball away quite cheaply in the first half. Having seen Pittman’s chance again I think I was a bit harsh expecting him to score it. Overall, a decent enough performance and a result that doesn’t do either team a great deal of use, IMO.

Edited by crispy

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

It was a wayward shot that Doidge turned in himself instead. Not a deflection.

Was it, looked like it was more good fortune than design for it to beat McCrorie. 

Uncharacteristically both teams defended a lot better than expected, us away from home are usually like a sieve at the back, and so were Hibs the last time I saw them, and both of us have been banging the goals in too, so the low score line is a surprise. If anything I thought Hibs looked better at moving the ball around and were very quick on the counter attack, but we defended well and 2nd half got the ball up the pitch a lot better, going for the direct approach of hoofing it, and it made us a lot more of a threat than in the first half.

17 minutes ago, crispy said:

Last time, the Allan one was obviously a dive. If anyone was to miss a penalty against us I’m delighted it was him. This time, the ball hit ATS’s arm and f**k knows how to interpret the rule but it is what it is.

Felt Lawson gave the ball away quite cheaply in the first half. Having seen Pittman’s chance again I think I was a bit harsh expecting him to score it. Overall, a decent enough performance and a result that doesn’t do either team a great deal of use, IMO.

Yeah unless he runs with his arms glued to his sides i'm not sure what ATS could do about that, what exactly is an unnatural position when running, the rules clearly need looked at again. As you say, it was extremely satisfying seeing McCrorie make the save, after Allan cheated to get the pen in the last game there (think Dykes was trying to get him back for it though).

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

55 minutes ago, crispy said:

Last time, the Allan one was obviously a dive.

Yes, we are all aware of that dive last time out. Out of interest, was Dykes dive in the box yesterday in the first half more acceptable just because he is a Livi player?

Maybe we should just be grown up and acknowledge that professional players cheat instead of greetin about it?

As for my response, the lads upthread are giving it all "it isnae a penalty" which - shite rule though it is - is patently pish.

3 hours ago, Green Day said:

Yes, we are all aware of that dive last time out. Out of interest, was Dykes dive in the box yesterday in the first half more acceptable just because he is a Livi player?

Maybe we should just be grown up and acknowledge that professional players cheat instead of greetin about it?

As for my response, the lads upthread are giving it all "it isnae a penalty" which - shite rule though it is - is patently pish.

I was at the other side of the stadium but it didn't look like a dive - then again I wasn't best placed to be making judgement on it.

Allan has a record of it though, dirty wee cheat. Can't be fucked with the C3 lads and their Scott Allan Paedophile chant. If any of you are reading it, be ashamed of yourself ffs. 

Dykes did go down easy after being crowded out/fouled in the buildup. 

Should have had a penalty from the subsequent corner when McGinn dragged him down. Thought it looked suspicious from our end of the ground in real time. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

13 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Dykes did go down easy after being crowded out/fouled in the buildup. 

Should have had a penalty from the subsequent corner when Naismith dragged him down. Thought it looked suspicious from our end of the ground in real time. 

Naismith?

Now seen it on Sportscene: I think Dykes has potentially been fouled but is getting through it then a second later takes a dive thinking it’ll highlight the previous potential pen incident. I think the ref has viewed it as contact but not enough. I think Dykes could’ve been booked for that.

Allan’s worse. Zero contact prior. So he’s another rung down on the wee cheat ladder. 

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, crispy said:

Now seen it on Sportscene: I think Dykes has potentially been fouled but is getting through it then a second later takes a dive thinking it’ll highlight the previous potential pen incident. I think the ref has viewed it as contact but not enough. I think Dykes could’ve been booked for that.

Allan’s worse. Zero contact prior. So he’s another rung down on the wee cheat ladder. 

Timed it all wrong, maybe he was trying to make sure it was inside the box before going down. Still not in the same league as prev Livi players like Beany and Danny Mullen though, or Allan for Hibs.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Might've done if we got awarded a penalty, then fronted it out that he didn't cheat, even when it was clearly shown that he did.

Right so it only goes down as cheating if the ref falls for it? :lol: Dykes dive was embarrassing. Dirty wee cheat. 

13 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Right so it only goes down as cheating if the ref falls for it? :lol: Dykes dive was embarrassing. Dirty wee cheat. 

Never denied that, in fact I think it was me that first mentioned it in this thread, however Allan's was on a whole other level, he just dropped to his knees with no Livi player close to touching him, then tried to say he didn't cheat in a post match interview, now that's a whole new level of embarrassing, made worse by the fact the ref got conned by him and it cost us the 3 points. 

Also, Hibs fans trying to do a Sevco and Celtic here with whataboutery, in some pathetic attempt to take away Allan's cheating ways, 'aye well your player did it too so our player's cheating isn't so bad now is it', that's also embarrassing.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Never denied that, in fact I think it was me that first mentioned it in this thread, however Allan's was on a whole other level, he just dropped to his knees with no Livi player close to touching him, then tried to say he didn't cheat in a post match interview, now that's a whole new level of embarrassing, made worse by the fact the ref got conned by him and it cost us the 3 points. 

Also, Hibs fans trying to do a Sevco and Celtic here with whataboutery, in some pathetic attempt to take away Allan's cheating ways, 'aye well your player did it too so our player's cheating isn't so bad now is it', that's also embarrassing.

Not at all. Merely lambasting your player for being a cheat, as should be the case and was the case when Allan did the same in our last meeting at ER and your boys were raging at him. 

Edited by Zing.