The Efe Ambrose Appreciation Festival of Football

Hibs. Diving all game. Pen was never a pen. Good save. Allan swinging a corner into the side netting and getting hooked after 10 mins of the second half was also pleasing.

Livi. Were decent. Defended well. Lawless wasnt great aside from his cross for the equaliser. McMillan was probably my MOTM before he was subbed. Lawson was decent also.

Overall fair result on the balance of play.

Two good teams in horrendous conditions. Draw was a fair result.

Disagree with the lads above - stonewall penalty as per the rules. Unfair as it was straight at him but a pen nonetheless.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Thought we should have shaded it. Certainly a much more competitive game than us not turning up at Livi, which is why they're deservedly above us at the moment.

We must've been into double figures on corners without looking threatening once. That's what we miss the most with Newell out. Allan's set pieces make me want to hurt people. 

It's always dodgy territory commentating on decisions before you've seen a replay of them but my instinct is that Livi complaining about the ref is a bit cheeky. Seemed like one of those where once you've had one penalty, you won't get another one no matter what.

Absolute stonewall penalty - even game though and a draw a fair result.

Efe looks like a tasty signing. BFJ outstanding again. 

Only weak point for me today was Dykes, he seemed so off the tempo today. Wonder if he's carrying a knock or illness or something

Kinda hoping that the Hibbees die hards would give the wee diddy team from West Lothian the respect that they deserved after that.We know that we are punching above our weight. But for the Lions maybe having just about acheived our abjetive of staying in this league perhaps we have got to go for something higher.Due to the ineppnes of those above us.

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Only weak point for me today was Dykes, he seemed so off the tempo today. Wonder if he's carrying a knock or illness or something

He was carrying an injury today.But stayed on to help his team.Magnificent.

Excellent point, thought it was a fairly decent game, both teams going to try and win the game, felt hibs edged it but we warranted a point. 

Laws of the game it’s a penalty, what he’s meant to do with his back turned and the ball fired at him from a yard I don’t know but it’s a pen, it’s the laws that need changed, good save though. 

Efe strolled through it, considering he hadn’t played for so long, an excellent debut. 

Results going our way to close the gap and with fixtures tomorrow that could be a big point in securing top six. 

Good goal by ATS, a undervalued signing, chipped in with 3 now and has looked solid defensively since coming in. 

Unbeaten against Hibs this season, brilliant effort. 

Edited by andylivi1

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Soon as Newell was ruled out at short notice we might as well have shook hands and agreed on a point. Stevenson is fucking useless and Allan is similarly useless at corners. Useless.

Did I mention it was useless?

How was Docherty today?  How's he fitting in with you?

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

Penalty save aside, how is McCrorie doing for you?  Schofield had a good afternoon at Ibrox on Sunday so I was mildly surprised he didn't keep the jersey.

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How was Docherty today?  How's he fitting in with you?

Penalty save aside, how is McCrorie doing for you?  Schofield had a good afternoon at Ibrox on Sunday so I was mildly surprised he didn't keep the jersey.

A few mistakes v Hamilton but looks pretty good. Reckon he'll be a great keeper in a few seasons but as of right now I'd rate him below Liam Kelly

Felt we gave the ball away in the first half with misplaced passes. Hibs looking ok going forward and had a bit of pressure in second half. Penalty seems like a harsh punishment but tbh I’ve lost track of what the rule even is now. Hibs goal looked like a misplaced shot that was redirected on target. The greedy part of me says Pittman has to be hitting the target from 8 yards out. Draw probably fair.