Dundee Utd v ICT

Brutal conditions and was completely soaked but it was worth it. The sort of dig and determination thats been missing from the team in recent years. Boy throwing themselves into tackles and putting bodies on the line. Looking forward to the title celebrations, the sooner the better

Thought that was an entertaining game of football in difficult conditions, that we just about edged.
Two instances of brilliant quality for the goals.
What I liked about Bingham was that he knew to get the ball into strikers feet around the edge of the box on occasion, which we barely did at all last week. He does it twice this week and we get two goals from it.
Great effort from everyone tonight and we coped with the pressure well.
Although he should probably have done better with the goal, Connelly was MOTM for me- played like a man possessed. Impressed by Smith again and I think we are a totally different team with Appere, adds so much physicality in the last 3rd.
For me going forward this season the starting 11 should be the one we had on the pitch just after Powers and Pawlett came off for McMullan and Harkes. Gives the right balance of pace and potency upfront and sturdiness and creativity in midfield, also leaves us a pretty strong bench with Pawlett, Glass, Sporle, Powers and Reynolds all on it.
As for Caley, unlucky, played some decent stuff but they reminded me of us from previous seasons; their squad just isn’t strong enough- I wouldn’t want to be in a situation where James Keatings was one of my teams main goal threats ever again.
A fun stat I learned off of Arabzone commentary was that Shankland is now our highest ever scorer against ICT...after 3 games! Got me wondering how many other teams he might achieve this against, Patrick Thistle and Morton maybe?

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Four Caley players on Shankland and still he scores, got what we deserved after that disastrous defending. 

To be fair he also fooled me and I was behind the other goal. He's done that sort of thing numerous times this season, great composure 

12 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

United were on top until the Nessies equalised and then they were on top until Shankland's lovely footwork and finish. I think United edged it over the 90 though.

Connolly had a great game in difficult conditions. The meltdown that would have ensued had we lost an equaliser after Neilson went to a back 5 in the last few minutes after Reynolds came on would have been biblical.

We'll win the league now IMO (in my opinion).

I love Shankland so much x

It would have been good for a laugh though. 

As a side note I’m wondering how the dees guard of honour derby preparations are coming along. Hope they’ve got the red arrows for a flyover and surely Wagner will make a half time appearance.

1 hour ago, dregs 83 said:

A fun stat I learned off of Arabzone commentary was that Shankland is now our highest ever scorer against ICT...after 3 games! Got me wondering how many other teams he might achieve this against, Patrick Thistle and Morton maybe?

Luggy scored 5 in one game against Morton in 1984.

Don't think anyone has mentioned John Robertson's actions after the match last night. Not for the first time at Tannadice he waited on the pitch as United team applauded the supporters, and made a point of congratulating and shaking the hands of the players as they approached the tunnel. It indicates the quality of the man in a football sense, and I can't think of other managers who show this calibre.

Thought we did well yesterday. Performed much better then I thought we would. Jordan White worked hard for his goal it was great header👍 

Dundee Utd as always the better team can't deny that. The only team that deserves to go up this season. Shankland is a great striker can score anywhere at any time everytime he had the ball I had the fear. Was a great goal from him even though I thought our defence could of done better it was a nice wee trick he pulled off. 

Never once did I think we would catch United even if we did win. 2nd place is the best we can hope for & our only chance of going up. 3rd & 4th leave with you slim chances in the play offs. 

If we can stop Dundee FC going up I'll be happy with that👌👌 

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Don't think anyone has mentioned John Robertson's actions after the match last night. Not for the first time at Tannadice he waited on the pitch as United team applauded the supporters, and made a point of congratulating and shaking the hands of the players as they approached the tunnel. It indicates the quality of the man in a football sense, and I can't think of other managers who show this calibre.

1774183970_source(8).gif.4bc24c41dd39ef7e392fcca0beb9ba41.gif

Thought we were going to get pumped but disappointed we never got a point. White was superb in the first half. Shame he can't out that kind of performance in every week. Didn't think much of United but, as the old cliche goes, the sign of champions is even when they are playing below average they still dig out the win and that's what they did. Disappointed with our defending for both goals but they were good finishes from a United PoV.

Good header from White to get us back on level terms and prior to the second United goal we seemed to be knocking the ball around really well despite the conditions and seemed to have reduced the number of long balls we were playing. Thought Tremarco had stolen a point right at the end when he met a cross at the back post but the side netting rippled rather than the back of the net.

Despite the loss that's probably one of our better performances in recent weeks.

Thought we were going to get pumped but disappointed we never got a point. White was superb in the first half. Shame he can't out that kind of performance in every week. Didn't think much of United but, as the old cliche goes, the sign of champions is even when they are playing below average they still dig out the win and that's what they did. Disappointed with our defending for both goals but they were good finishes from a United PoV.

Good header from White to get us back on level terms and prior to the second United goal we seemed to be knocking the ball around really well despite the conditions and seemed to have reduced the number of long balls we were playing. Thought Tremarco had stolen a point right at the end when he met a cross at the back post but the side netting rippled rather than the back of the net.

Despite the loss that's probably one of our better performances in recent weeks.

lol

20 hours ago, Super Caley Man said:

Thought we did well yesterday. Performed much better then I thought we would. Jordan White worked hard for his goal it was great header👍 

Dundee Utd as always the better team can't deny that. The only team that deserves to go up this season. Shankland is a great striker can score anywhere at any time everytime he had the ball I had the fear. Was a great goal from him even though I thought our defence could of done better it was a nice wee trick he pulled off. 

Never once did I think we would catch United even if we did win. 2nd place is the best we can hope for & our only chance of going up. 3rd & 4th leave with you slim chances in the play offs. 

If we can stop Dundee FC going up I'll be happy with that👌👌 

Me too.

From watching on the television it looked kind of similar to the performances we’ve had against the title winning teams since we’ve been relegated. We play well, we compete, we obviously have. A good manager and a good attitude but we don’t have the quality that takes you to the title.