Dundee Utd v ICT

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I like a Friday night game but I don’t like 7.05pm kick off.  Win this and we should be favourites to win the league.  Will any of these lads be making it to Tannadice?

F97A50A8-65E8-4412-9300-1DCF80263C05.jpeg

The 7.05 kick off times shows disregard for supporters. I agree we'll be slight bookies favourites for the league with a victory.

Is that Yogi there with the short sleeves and blue scarf?

This is a tricky one in terms of what is acceptable tbh.

Given the current league position and under normal circumstances, a draw here would not necessarily be a bad result, keeping our closest challengers at arms length, the same number of points way behind us, and another game closer to the finish line.

That being said, a draw here means we have taken 3 points from a possible 12 in our last 4 games, and that is not a trend that we want to continue for much longer. Getting back to winning ways is a must; we can’t rely on other teams being shite for the rest of the season in order that we stagger over the line.

That being said, Caley need the 3 points more than we do, and as such might open up a bit more than the other teams we have played recently.

Hopefully Mcmullan and Appéré back, and Pawlett and Powers move to the bench.

A win here, and I might just start to believe that we are going to win this league.

Our problem is scoring goals, so unless its a tight game (shitfest) we can sneak a single goal victory then I expect DU to win comfortably by 2 or 3.

An ICT win and then doing the same with the remaining game in hand would close the gap to 12 points which I cont see DU collapsing that far, but Robbo has form for making Dundee teams shit themselves and totally bottle what seemed an unreachable lead

Our problem is scoring goals, so unless its a tight game (shitfest) we can sneak a single goal victory then I expect DU to win comfortably by 2 or 3.
An ICT win and then doing the same with the remaining game in hand would close the gap to 12 points which I cont see DU collapsing that far, but Robbo has form for making Dundee teams shit themselves and totally bottle what seemed an unreachable lead

If Caley win this and their games in hand the gap would be 9 points

57 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Given the current league position and under normal circumstances, a draw here would not necessarily be a bad result, keeping our closest challengers at arms length, the same number of points way behind us, and another game closer to the finish line.

That being said, a draw here means we have taken 3 points from a possible 12 in our last 4 games, and that is not a trend that we want to continue for much longer. Getting back to winning ways is a must; we can’t rely on other teams being shite for the rest of the season in order that we stagger over the line.

That being said, Caley need the 3 points more than we do, and as such might open up a bit more than the other teams we have played recently.

A win here, and I might just start to believe that we are going to win this league.

"arms length"? 

You're 18 points clear ffs!

1 hour ago, MacArab said:

Pawlett will play unless he has a broken arm/leg/spine.  Even then Neilson might start him.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Remember when Dundee were 15 points ahead of us at Christmas and then absolutely fuckin blew it letting us win the league and promotion.

Mind you I can't see that happening this time. but in their last three games they drew with Morton, lost to Arbroath and drew with Alloa so hopefully we can squeeze a draw at least, as long as Tremarco, Toshney and McHattie contain the free scoring Heed..

21 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

f**k, i forgot Toshney played for this gang emoji38.png

Think he's only played in the Biscuit Cup so far for ICT. The strange thing is, he played for Falkirk in it too earlier in the season. 

Odd that a player can't be cup tied in that tournament.

"7.3 No Club/club shall Play, or list as a named substitute, any Player who, in the same Season, has already played in a Match by entering the field of play, whether in the starting eleven or by being used as a substitute, for another Club/club in the Competition."

Page 12 of 22 in https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/Challenge Cup Regulations 2019-20.pdf

Maybe he didn't come on the pitch for Falkirk earlier on.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian
Looked up the rules

6 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Since when? 

We have an appalling recent record against United.  We've lost our last five games against them,  with thirteen goals concdeded and only one scored.

We have been inconsistent and are still bedding in a new defence.  We've also got a distracting run of games coming up including a big cup game a week after this game.

So overall, my prediction is Scumdee Ushited 0, Caley 3 - Lewis Toshney hat-trick.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

We have an appalling recent record against United.  We've lost our last five games against them,  with thirteen goals concdeded and only one scored.

We have been inconsistent and are still bedding in a new defence.  We've also got a distracting run of games coming up including a big cup game a week after this game.

So overall, my prediction is Scumdee Ushited 0, Caley 3 - Lewis Toshney hat-trick.

Presumably in the first five minutes before the chocolate melts again.

7 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Presumably in the first five minutes before the chocolate melts again.

Hopefully Toshers is still just as into his Chinese takeaways as a Caley player as he was with us....