RIP The Guvnor'

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

A Love from Outer Space (the Masterpiece version and Version 2) are two of my favourite tracks ever made. Superb stuff.

I have both The Asphodells albums on vinyl, im sure you know of them. If not check them out. Outstanding.

Asphodells 30x24 inch master.jpg

a love from outer space volume 2 26 26.jpg

5 hours ago, Futureboy said:

Weatherall was a genius. Properly gutted yesterday. I've listened to his musical output pretty much all my adult life, from being a young lad listening to Screamadelica, early Rhumba club & Pure, all the way through to ALFOS more recently. 

He was also an absolute gent by all accounts.

The "big box, little box" brigade comment above is an odd one, given the amount of cross over tracks and remixes Weatherall had a hand in (New Order, Primal Scream, Happy Mondays, James, Beth Orton, One Dove & Saint Etienne from memory).

Little known trivia fact. The sound engineer for Loaded was also responsible for that awful Star Trekking tune from way back!

Futureboy im sure we will have brushed shoulders in the past. We bought tickets to Convanenza in September. Im certain it will go ahead in his honour.

Searched Weatherall and Pure to see what kind of year we are talking and found this from November 1997:

image.thumb.png.1d3adbfd34b84137f0585f9997af3870.png

Sublime at Wilkie House was our usual haunt although Pure and Taste were also regulars. Jeez, those were some days...

ETA - Have a look at all the stuff on back then: https://archive.list.co.uk/the-list/1997-11-07/90/

Some great nights there at Scratch, The Egg and even Atomic Baby occasionally.

Edited by Saigon Raider