Last Lanarkshire Derby?

17 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Motherwell going down to ten only evened the game up with Johnny Hunt being one of the worst players to pull on an Accies shirt in years.

Left early we could have played all night and not scored.

Just relegate us, so fucking finished with the premiership

Shut up were staying up

Got to be happy with a point given the circumstances but that was a missed opportunity. 11v11 I would have been confident of winning and with other results going for us then 3 points would have been a massive boost. 

Lets hope we can start getting a bit of luck and stop the self inflicted wounds. I think 4th will get Europe but we need to put a couple of wins between us and Hibs and Livi. Especially as we will have to go to Easter rd and post split and that is 3 points to Hibs. 

Need 3 points v St Mirren and hopefully we get a competent referee and no the wee fanny that has refereed the last 2 games 😞

That was the most miserable half of all-time. Playing against 10 men and all I saw was: Hunt with the ball in an advanced position on the left - goes back and passes to Templeton who fires a shite shot, or McGowan has the ball on the right - puts in a shite cross. We missed McMann if only for someone to actually overlap.

I've seen much better performances with 10 men than Motherwell's today, but we were so lacking in ideas it was painful, and Motherwell actually had the two best chances of the half (Gallagher getting free at the back post and Polworth's 1 on 1).

There was no indication that they were a man down other than us having the ball more than usual. They were never stretched, never backs to the wall, and could've easily picked us off on the counter if they had more quality.

Points dropped after being 2 up v Hearts, 1 up v St Mirren and a man up for more than for 45 minutes against Motherwell. Hard fought points though!!!

Shambles of a performance by Accies against ten men and Motherwell should have sneaked that in injury time.

I felt if Ogympoe scored first half,we would have went on to win but second half he was breathing out his backside and Templeton for me looked unfit.

The less said of Johnny Hunt's cross for an open goal the better.Alston again continues to disappoint and Lewis Smith should be playing before him every week.

FInally,Accies not publicising the prices led to folk turning back at the home turnstile and rushing round for the extra cash.Disgraceful pricing and they simply haven't learned from the first game.

It probably wouldn't have influenced the result, but I think we kind of missed Easton to play the ball from left to right and release McGowan into space. Gogic was fine (and at times really good) at bringing the ball out but it was always going out to Hunt, and Want is pretty shocking on the ball (watching him playing out from the left of a three was pretty horrendous).

Shambles of a performance by Accies against ten men and Motherwell should have sneaked that in injury time.
I felt if Ogympoe scored first half,we would have went on to win but second half he was breathing out his backside and Templeton for me looked unfit.
The less said of Johnny Hunt's cross for an open goal the better.Alston again continues to disappoint and Lewis Smith should be playing before him every week.
FInally,Accies not publicising the prices led to folk turning back at the home turnstile and rushing round for the extra cash.Disgraceful pricing and they simply haven't learned from the first game.
I know we were being charged £25 (One of the factors in me not going) but was it the same for the home stand? What is it normally?

Not the most fun I've had at the football to put it mildly and probably the lowest key game I can remember at NDP - it was played in silence most of time. Judging by the size of Accies' support, a few years of bumping along the bottom is beginning to grind everyone down - maybe a bit of yo-yo action might bring everything to life again.

Long chucked us under the bus today with as stupid a sending off as you're likely to see - the fact that Accies didn't come close to capitalising on the spare man shouldn't spare him - it also means he misses a winnable game on Tuesday...

Our performance had a shitload of unforced mistakes (Hartley must have committed about 20 on his own) but there were some positives - I think Aarons and Watt look like good signings and I think we'll see more from them as they get fitter. I actually thought the shape of the team was decent enough before Long went off - and even when we went to 4 at the back, we looked pretty organised..

Sneaking it at the end would have been brilliant but sneaking back into 3rd without letting Hibs or Livi gain on us means that it was an alright day...

A Motherwell team struggling badly for form with 120 minutes of football on a heavy pitch in their legs and playing with 10 men for the best part of an hour, make no mistake this was the biggest freebie since Swanson and Foster indulged in some HT boxing a few seasons back at NDP. That we didn't except the gift was disappointing but even worse was we never ever looked like scoring and if it wasn't for a sharp Southwood save in injury time it would have been zero points. Rice should compare and contrast how Motherwell set up today with 10 men to how Accies set up with 10 men to defend their own box last week at Tynecastle and while he's at it he should compare the intensity, urgency and desire that Hearts went about it last week with our meek efforts this afternoon.

To be fair this was an Accies team down to the bare bones and although I rate Winter ideally you wouldn't bring on a 17 year old striker to find you a vital goal, however the same old failings that are within Rice's control were clear and obvious. A lack of ambition which certainly gives the impression that our manager thinks that draws will stop us being relegated - they won't. A team where all the best performances as usual came from inherited players rather than his own signings (Alston has only got a few games left to prevent him "winning" a place in a few worse Accies X! and no one will convince me that Leon McCann wouldn't have been a vastly superior option than Johnny Hunt today) and a complete lack of any attacking ideas aside from give the ball to Temps and hope for the best. Would a set piece move or a corner from the training ground really be too much to ask for?

Lastly, as previously mentioned the Accies board got the attendance they deserved today with their ridiculous pricing policy which must have cost the club money and can only not have been reversed through sheer stubbornness or a stupid desire to appease Glasgow's ugly sisters. 

3 hours ago, Owsley said:

Lowest home derby attendance in forty years of supporting Accies. Probably the lowest ever. It's what they deserve.

The away crowd has fallen away since the prices went up, might have been the weather.