Last Lanarkshire Derby?

3 hours ago, Owsley said:

Lowest home derby attendance in forty years of supporting Accies. Probably the lowest ever. It's what they deserve.

Someone needs to have a serious word with those running the club. Classed as a Cat A and just ridiculous prices, especially for an adult and kid mix it’s costing Accy big style, quoted on our forum as 

An adult and 2 under 16s at fir park is i think £30. but £ 55 at accies is ridiculous. This needs sorted big time

Went along to the Edinburgh cup game supporting  a guy with a disability and had to pay  full price for both of us at the turnstiles, spoke with the steward who stated no discount on the day. We go to a lot of different grounds and Accies are the only club that has ever happened at.

Edited by Yorky

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

The away crowd has fallen away since the prices went up, might have been the weather.

I think if we were flying, there would have been more there - but the weather and pricing combined brought it down a fair bit too IMO - I'm sure that was one of the poorer 'Well supports I've been part of there for 2 or 3 years at least...

Our usual adult price is good (£25 for the Motherwell games is poor) and £12 for 16 and 17 YOs is decent. I think the main issue is that there isn't (and AFAIK never has been) a tiered system with our prices. No family deals, student discount etc. and every age below 18 is charged the same. Surely a 17 year-old shouldn't be charged the same as a six year-old? It shouldn't really affect home fans because the U18 season tickets are so cheap, but it is pretty shite for away fans and any randoms who fancy taking a game in.

35 minutes ago, Yorky said:

An adult and 2 under 16s at fir park is i think £30. but £ 55 at accies is ridiculous. This needs sorted big time

Away prices at FP: https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/tickets/fir-park-entry-prices/

Cat A: £30 / £21 / £3 / Family (1 adult + 2 kids) £34
Cat B: £24 / £17 / £3 / Family (1 adult + 2 kids) £28

4 hours ago, Owsley said:

I think folk are so outraged by the prices because at Fir Park I gather it was only a couple of quid extra for a child with an adult. The adult price was only a quid cheaper. It's never been £28. We don't charge away fans extra.

Aye I was wrong. not sure why I thought that.

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

That tackle from Long is an absolute howler. Booking or not he was going off for that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I disagree on this. 
It was his fault in that he had just lost the ball but I wonder if he makes no challenged Accies goes up the park and score - then he would be a waste of space who cannae be bothered.  It was mistimed because he was caught out, but I did not see any malice in the tackle and I have seen other referees that would have a word and warning. Paranoia maybe but I would bet a lot of money that if Scott Brown had done the two things Long did he probably would not even been on a yellow.  You will see similar challenges go unpunished several times a game imho. 
Not saying he was not stupid and not saying it probably altered the outcome of the match or meant we were not getting 3 points but not anywhere near as bad as being made out imho. 

Long is a petulant wee idiot and deserved to go. His second yellow yesterday was infuriating and came about because he was clearly frustrated from the start of the game.

He deliberately slowed his movement to initiate contact with the Accies player behind him and tried to throw his weight about when he could easily have popped the ball off to a teammate. Then took a shite touch and got himself sent off. I was raging at him as is the manager judging by his comments post match.

Thought we did pretty well with 10 men, with O’hara and Donnelly being particularly good. Overall though, shite game, too expensive and freezing.

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Long is a petulant wee idiot and deserved to go. His second yellow yesterday was infuriating and came about because he was clearly frustrated from the start of the game.

He deliberately slowed his movement to initiate contact with the Accies player behind him and tried to throw his weight about when he could easily have popped the ball off to a teammate. Then took a shite touch and got himself sent off. I was raging at him as is the manager judging by his comments post match.

Thought we did pretty well with 10 men, with O’hara and Donnelly being particularly good. Overall though, shite game, too expensive and freezing.

This is pretty much it for me. The initial booking was probably soft, but to chuck himself in to a grim challenge like that is utterly fucking stupid. 

15 hours ago, ropy said:

The away crowd has fallen away since the prices went up, might have been the weather.

Accies said 1,182 but there was a picture posted of the away support, taken at half time, on Accies twitter and including those queing at the kiosk, didn't look any more than 800. I wonder if we massage the away figures as well. Doubt there was much more than 2000 there yesterday.

We class Motherwell as Category A but they class Accies as Category B. Oh the shame!

Edited by Owsley

56 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

This is pretty much it for me. The initial booking was probably soft, but to chuck himself in to a grim challenge like that is utterly fucking stupid. 

You can tell I have a bee in my bonnet over this. Was Long stupid - probably. But my point and I 100% believe this is whether another referee would have produced a 2nd yellow.

So far watching the Rangers game I have seen a St Johnstone player kick the ball away after a foul - no yellow. I have seen Ryan Jack commit a foul which to me was a lot worse than Longs yesterday - no yellow and a warning from the ref. 

No consistency at all and we are being punished. I get that if Long had not done either of things he did then we would have kept 11 men on the pitch. But the referee was pretty hasty in producing 2 yellows. 

The initial booking was utter fucking stupidity. Long was clearly in a huff from the start of the game. Throwing his arms up when passes never hit him. He booted the ball away in a rage and his tackle was sheer stupidity. He can get himself to f**k as far as I’m concerned. The c**t.

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

You can tell I have a bee in my bonnet over this. Was Long stupid - probably. But my point and I 100% believe this is whether another referee would have produced a 2nd yellow.

So far watching the Rangers game I have seen a St Johnstone player kick the ball away after a foul - no yellow. I have seen Ryan Jack commit a foul which to me was a lot worse than Longs yesterday - no yellow and a warning from the ref. 

No consistency at all and we are being punished. I get that if Long had not done either of things he did then we would have kept 11 men on the pitch. But the referee was pretty hasty in producing 2 yellows. 

I don't think there's any debate that any referee in the country would have given at least a yellow for that challenge. It's so late and so high. As for kicking the ball away, that seems to be a toss of the coin as to whether a referee will pick up on it. 

I'll agree the consistency is infuriating but @Dosser-fae-the-shire sums it up. He looked in a big huff from the first kick of the ball and both bookings came out of that.