St Johnstone vs Rangers -23/02/2020

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Hopefully Braga toy with these c***s a bit more, tire them out for Sunday. 

TBF the pitch might do that for them, absolute fucking tattie field.

6 hours ago, Costanza said:

John McGregor think it was?

That'll be him. Looking him up, he wasn't that old but I'm sure he hadn't played for possibly years! Team was full of guys like Nisbet, Vinnicombe, Spencer etc... 

Edited by Radford

We've got the dream team for this btw.

Willie Collum ref, Andrew Dallas fourth official.

Saints red card/Rangers penalty needs to be on everyones betting slip.

We've got the dream team for this btw.
Willie Collum ref, Andrew Dallas fourth official.
Saints red card/Rangers penalty needs to be on everyones betting slip.

I dunno Collum is inconsistently poor occasionally, but I don’t think he ever favours the OF since he regards himself above then. Could easily be the other way round, but yeah he’s likely to do something to ruin the game.

If we go back 3, then Tanser needs dropped. Appreciate Booth isn’t as good going forward, but if you play him then it essentially becomes a back 4 if Wright goes high up.

16 hours ago, Widge said:

I dunno Collum is inconsistently poor occasionally, but I don’t think he ever favours the OF since he regards himself above then. Could easily be the other way round, but yeah he’s likely to do something to ruin the game.

If we go back 3, then Tanser needs dropped. Appreciate Booth isn’t as good going forward, but if you play him then it essentially becomes a back 4 if Wright goes high up.

Not a hope we're getting a sniff off Wullie. 

Don't think we can play back 3 unless it's away from home with the emphasis on not losing a goal, on the basis that Tanser can't defend and Booth can't attack. On balance I'd much rather have Booth as he stops more than Tanser creates. Essentially we have to be massively gung-ho and/or not worried about any attacking threat from the opposition right wing to consider playing Tanser IMO. 

Wright is a pretty good wing back that could be an outstanding wing back with a better final ball, and a bit more luck/judgement on when to hit from distance. I actually think that Ralston is a decent right wing-back. 

Like a lot of Saints fans on here looking forward to this as there's the best chance of some OF points we've had for a while. 

4 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Like a lot of Saints fans on here looking forward to this as there's the best chance of some OF points we've had for a while. 

Maybe, but we cant play well for 90 minutes, and we've a keeper shipping goals, so I'm not getting my hopes up on that one.

5 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

“If you repeated that level of performance and at the speed we played at in a domestic game then a domestic game should run out easy,” he said. “But that’s not the case. Every game is different.

Worth remembering last season Gerrard claimed Rangers "shouldn't have to work hard to win at places like this", after a game at McDiarmid. 

They clearly completely look down on Saints and assume it's an easy game. Adding wee get out clauses at the end is the equivalent of starting an insult with "I dont want to insult you but..."

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering last season Gerrard claimed Rangers "shouldn't have to work hard to win at places like this", after a game at McDiarmid. 

They clearly completely look down on Saints and assume it's an easy game. Adding wee get out clauses at the end is the equivalent of starting an insult with "I dont want to insult you but..."

Worth remembering Gerrard's a brain dead pillock though.

On 21/02/2020 at 10:12, Widge said:

Apparently the last time Collum refereed us against a team called Rangers was out first meeting after we got promoted.

A 2-1 loss with Rangers scoring a late winner (this seems to be a theme).

LINEUP111582392723509.thumb.png.d4ed64854c8bf667bdb2828883b48505.png

For RG. Might see us overwhelmed defensively, but frankly Morelos seems unmarkable at McDiarmid anyway. Big old hoof to the front men at least gives an easy outball, as Rangers leave their full back areas absolutely wide open every time they touch the ball. 

Interested to see how McCart and Butcher look. McCart is pretty rash at going for balls he cant win sometimes, but needs time at this level to learn that, and no idea how Butcher will get on, but hes looked great so far.