St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Why shouldn’t a club pay good money to make use of our (then) pristine pitch for bounce matches?

What we don’t do is change the name above our ground while they’re playing though, because we, like 38 other national level clubs, are not utterly in thrall to the bigots like yourselves.

It’s a full blown minter for your mob as usual then. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_3234.jpg.6636a1256f6654aa4359c5cb56bbdb87.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg.4d749ac9d1454f0ec836d1c01be6e8a0.jpg

We put up with them for 1 day and made more money than your mob did all season from them  :lol:

Maybe if yous had did the same, you might have made enough money to build the stand we con you into buying   :lol:

Thank for visiting the big boys league and mind to come back sometime in the next century  :lol:

57 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

No one under the age of 31 has witnessed Morton play a game in the top flight of Scottish football.

You keep on rubbing your wee maggot through the gusset of your crusty 1922 onesey.

FACT: Andy Goram scored for Hibs in Morton's last Premier game to date.

(not such a feat. As there was two of him one played in goals and the other up front...)

46 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

FACT: Andy Goram scored for Hibs in Morton's last Premier game to date.

(not such a feat. As there was two of him one played in goals and the other up front...)

To be fair, that Morton team equalled a Premier League record that day, which no one has come close to achieving again since then.

They became one of only two teams who have ever conceded 100 (one hundred) goals in a Premier League season.

The other team to do it before them was, of course, Morton again during their previous crack at the top flight.

Unfortunately, I went to a works team building event in Bearsden yesterday (which was pish) and left at 4pm, it took me an hour and a half to get back to Foxbar. Uusually I'd pass by the ground on my way home but it was a no go area as about 4 or 5 roads were flooded badly. Had to bypass right around our town's famously efficient (by this I mean fucking antiquated) one way system and up into the back roads to get home. 

Regardless of the state of the pitch, there was no chance they were going to get people risking going to the ground. Had the ref not called it, the police would have. 

The fact that St. Mirren tweeted yesterday that they were still waiting on the ref trapping and then 7 mins later tweeting that that game was off, suggests that the ref didn't even bother taking much of a look at the pitch, if at all, and based it on the difficulties in getting there. 

40 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

A journo tweeted the pitch was playable but the localised flooding and forecast ruled the game off. Good decision for a change.

That comes as no surprise,  given that we have one of the best pitches in Scotland.  

54 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I was working in Paisley yesterday. Seemed fine to me.

Parts of Paisley were fine, like town centre etc.

Other parts like Ferguslie, bottom of Foxbar etc have shocking drainage and it closed roads off yesterday or made them impassable.