St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

This has all the hallmarks of being a day that ends up with fans being shafted. Instead of calling it off early - given the worsening forecast, instead we have a day of speculation. ‘Anyone heard anything’ questions. Rumour and counter rumour about the state of play. Rumours about an early inspection. St Mirren come out with a ‘game on as things stand’ sort of statement. Then the conditions worsen. Fans finish work and start travelling. The referee goes out and bounces a ball, which doesn’t bounce. The game gets called off late, everyone is travelling, we hear about it on the radio. The presenters on the radio go on about fans not being considered, get these games called off early - the usual. The clubs say they wanted the game to go ahead, but due to.... blah blah. St Mirren say the pitch was playable at 5pm, 6pm... then... they apologise. Stu goes mental and heads back to Dumfries. We all go ballistic on P&B. Scottish football looks like big feet clown shoes cuntery time again.....

It’s being so cheery that keeps me going. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Give the people what they want.

A Friday night in with a takeaway curry and six bottles of Moretti, out of the pishing rain and wind, and not having to freeze their haw-maws off watching a lottery of a game in absymal conditions.

Fixed that for ye’. 😀

I’m currently in Glasgow and the rain isn’t too bad. 

Bad news is that the game is in Paisley and the rain is bad here.

I’d be surprised if this was on. Call off around 3:45pm, unless there is a change in conditions between now and then.

29 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

There is heavy road flooding near the ground (Linwood Toll roundabout) which should divert traffic closer to the stadium. If game is on get there early to avoid queues.

My mate texted me similar - lots of flooding near the stadium. Guaranteed the road under the railway bridge near the ground will flood too. It floods in summer never mind in this crap.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

The one on the right is Stendel’s. Sinking fast, completely written off and never to be seen in Scotland again. 😀

^^^ growing in confidence now that he knows that there's little prospect of having to see his team being given Das Boot by Hearts tonight ^^^