St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

On 16/02/2020 at 19:49, SEETHING said:

It's really quite striking to learn just how bad you have to be in order to be relegated from this accursed league. Despite Craig Levein being an anus horribilis and Hearts having an annus horribilis, we are still well-placed to coast clear of danger with room to spare. 

Unfortunate for St Mirren and their fans that they face certain defeat on Friday evening, but, in fairness, f**k them. 

3-0 Hearts. 

A harsh but fair decision to relegate the Jambos,  much like this tackle. 

Cheerio. 

140991-premier-league-st-mirren-v-hearts-2-3-love-street-paisley-hearts-BJH3WW.jpg

On 13/04/2020 at 23:34, Ric said:

Imagine us being "responsible" for them not getting a league title and for relegating them.

Thankfully, they aren't ones to hold a grudge.

Haven't we relegated them before, or am I getting mixed up with cuffing them in cup semis and league cup final

At the start of the 1985/86 season, we absolutely pumped Hearts 6-2 at Love Street. The ‘bring on the dancing girls!’ game - any Saints fan who has watched the TV coverage a few times, should know the reference. This, despite Hearts taking the lead. It really should have been more than 6-2. We missed a few good chances, and their second was a consolation effort. if only Hearts hadn’t allowed us to hammer six past them. Having said that, a quick look at some other results shows Hearts giving us a 3-0 cuffing at Tynecastle, in one swoop, almost wiping out the goal difference damage done at Love Street.

Just goes to show, the fact Celtic won the league wasn’t solely down to the results at Love Street and Dens on the final day. All other results mattered, notably one where you lose 6-2 after going ahead.

To summarise - Hearts can fcuk off. 😃

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I really don't get the respect a poster of my caliber deserves on this website- people think I'm a fucking Hearts fan?

Apologies...the combination of the thread title and your location led me to that scurrilous assumption.

Let's be honest, Snakes Of Paisley has a certain ring about it, something nasty and dangerous. 

This must become our new nickname !!

We have been everyone's Buddies for long enough, I believe the time has come to inject some real venom into our onfield opponents.

Let's start a revolution. 

'Mon the Snakes !!!