St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm all for Obika getting the praise he deserves, even if at it's most base level a striker getting lots of positives rather than pelters will always play better. However I also feel that, as we know, a draw would have still kept us up I sort of feel Hladky and the defence don't get the same love.

Obvs, the loltastic handball and it being against Hearts is the main headline, I get that.

Yup we were remiss to miss out on Hladky Day, 26 May, especially as the Hearts game may well have been the BigMan's swansong for us - so long and thanks for all the fish. :clapping:notworthy:byebye:bairn

21 minutes ago, btb said:

Yup we were remiss to miss out on Hladky Day, 26 May, especially as the Hearts game may well have been the BigMan's swansong for us - so long and thanks for all the fish. :clapping:notworthy:byebye:bairn

In many ways, go out when you are on top. He's had a couple of cracking seasons, and I'd hate to see him have a bad (or not so good) one and the fickle fans turn on him. Fair play to him still putting in a shift when he said he'd be looking to move on, and for not signing a PCA during those last 6 months - when I'm sure he probably could have.

My only concern is that Hladky goes to Rangers only to sit on their bench. He's too good a keeper to go anywhere as second fiddle, even for a season. If he was 23 or 24 it might be fair enough but at 29 he's on top of his game and shouldn't be waiting for his chance. If his heart is set on leaving, he should be going somewhere he's the first choice. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

My only concern is that Hladky goes to Rangers only to sit on their bench. He's too good a keeper to go anywhere as second fiddle, even for a season. If he was 23 or 24 it might be fair enough but at 29 he's on top of his game and shouldn't be waiting for his chance. If his heart is set on leaving, he should be going somewhere he's the first choice. 

You think he'll go to Rangers? My opinion is that if he was to go there, he would have gone by now.

On 11/03/2020 at 18:42, Daz1874 said:

This is the night that St Liedown take their rightful place at the foot of the table.. Enjoy the football master class that the Gorgie Boys will deliver tonight

BBBBBUUUMP !!!!!!!!!!

Another beezer.

On 16/02/2020 at 19:49, SEETHING said:

It's really quite striking to learn just how bad you have to be in order to be relegated from this accursed league. Despite Craig Levein being an anus horribilis and Hearts having an annus horribilis, we are still well-placed to coast clear of danger with room to spare. 

Unfortunate for St Mirren and their fans that they face certain defeat on Friday evening, but, in fairness, f**k them. 

3-0 Hearts. 

OPs username is spot on.  

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

How else would you describe your season?  

Relegated.

Laughing stock.

Cheerieo, shabby c***s.  

I would describe it as not relegated. Painstakingly average and not quite a laughing stock. ;)

On 11/03/2020 at 18:37, SEETHING said:

That team just oozes quality. So good that Liam "Mr Goals" Boyce has to settle for a place on the bench. 

BBBBUUUUUMP !!!!!!!!!

F*ck'n ooooozing Championship quality !!!

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

BBBBUUUUUMP !!!!!!!!!

F*ck'n ooooozing Championship quality !!!

That Hearts team photo just reminded me what a diving, cheating wee rat Naismith was that night. Oh well, GIRFUY Naisy.

• 2 weeks later...

Mad to think this game was meant to happen three days after we got taken to extra time and penalties by Motherwell. Our squad was thin and tired and we'd just chucked a three-goal half time lead.

And then Paisley suffered flash floods on the Friday lunchtime and there was no way the game could happen.

Did those floods relegate Hearts? No, Hearts relegated Hearts. But every little helps.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Mad to think this game was meant to happen three days after we got taken to extra time and penalties by Motherwell. Our squad was thin and tired and we'd just chucked a three-goal half time lead.

And then Paisley suffered flash floods on the Friday lunchtime and there was no way the game could happen.

Did those floods relegate Hearts? No, Hearts relegated Hearts. But every little helps.

You’ve done it now, all of those Weirdo Hearts fans on Twatter will now go on a full scale meltdown blaming St Mirren for causing the flash flood.

5 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

You’ve done it now, all of those Weirdo Hearts fans on Twatter will now go on a full scale meltdown blaming St Mirren for causing the flash flood.

To be fair, there was one guy (you may have seen it) who actually was accusing us of "cheating again" by getting the game called off. Beyond insane.

Obviously I very much hope we'll be well clear of 11th next season, and I also can't see anyone challenging Hearts in the Championship, but the most hilarious possible outcome for next season would be for us to beat Hearts over two legs in a playoff. 

(I actually have a feeling we're going to do good things, but shhhhhhhh!)

On 17/02/2020 at 07:33, Coventry Saint said:

This should be an absolute cracker. It's no surprise that BT Sport has picked this up, involving, is it does, the league's third- and fourth-most-attacking sides*.

What will, I'm sure, become clear over the course of the 90 minutes is that neither of these sides, both of which are a credit to Scotland's top flight, should be anywhere near a relegation dogfight.

Time to make the league bigger to avoid this sort of farce, I reckon.

* Based on shots taken in league games, figures accurate as of 17/02/2020.

On 20/05/2020 at 07:58, Coventry Saint said:

It's really odd: I wrote this on page one of this thread (albeit with tongue in cheek) and not one single Hearts fan leapt on the opportunity to agree with me. 

Wonder what changed.

I don't think either of these comments received the recognition they were entitled to within their lifetimes.