St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

5 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

That was a gutsy performance last night. The back four played really well but especially Waters who had his best game for us by far, he was so solid under a lot of pressure for the last 15 minutes.

Obika put in a hell of a shift and took his goal brilliantly. Jakubiak looks a very good signing, he causes a lot of problems with his direct runs. It was a shame that chance fell to him so late in the game when he was knackered.

Wallace was great considering how little he’s played this season, the pass for the goal was excellent. I think the main reason we’ve struggled to create clear chances this season is the lack of a proper playmaker in midfield with Flynn being in defence then injured. Fingers crossed Wallace is the solution.

Andreu is still godawful. Hope Goodwin can put out a midfield without him against Killie. Will be a really tough game with all the injuries last night and Waters not available either.

I thought Andreu did OK when he came on. The way things are looking with injuries, we need him, and we need to get behind him. We went into last night’s game already missing Stephen McGinn, Ryann Flynn, and Kyle Magennis. A massive loss to a team like St Mirren. We then suffered a few nasty looking ones last night. Frankly, if we can just finish out of the bottom two spots now, then huge kudos to Jim Goodwin and his team.

I'm fuming at how piss poor we were last night. No direction or structure to our attack, we hardly troubled the St. Mirren goal and we've removed any margin for error allowance in the league from here on out, and considering we're fucking rife with errors, we're pretty much all but fucked.

Stendel really needs to stop with this 'pull the goalie' type tactics by withdrawing a midfielder for an attacker at half time. The only times he didn't do it were the Rangers and Hibs games last week and we kept control of both games. We lose all solidarity and resort to pumping aimless baws to our attackers who are standing on each other's toes. I just don't think playing Boyce, Washington and Naismith together works whatsoever.

1 minute ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I'm fuming at how piss poor we were last night. No direction or structure to our attack, we hardly troubled the St. Mirren goal and we've removed any margin for error allowance in the league from here on out, and considering we're fucking rife with errors, we're pretty much all but fucked.

Stendel really needs to stop with this 'pull the goalie' type tactics by withdrawing a midfielder for an attacker at half time. The only times he didn't do it were the Rangers and Hibs games last week and we kept control of both games. We lose all solidarity and resort to pumping aimless baws to our attackers who are standing on each other's toes. I just don't think playing Boyce, Washington and Naismith together works whatsoever.

As soon as you appointed Stendal the writing was on the wall, the guy is a clown. Imagine saying after he will pick a team Sunday that will compete the whole match, … i think I speak for the vast majority when I say we don't want Hearts down, but what the heck has been going on at your club since you topped the league a couple of seasons ago ??

22 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I thought Andreu did OK when he came on. The way things are looking with injuries, we need him, and we need to get behind him. We went into last night’s game already missing Stephen McGinn, Ryann Flynn, and Kyle Magennis. A massive loss to a team like St Mirren. We then suffered a few nasty looking ones last night. Frankly, if we can just finish out of the bottom two spots now, then huge kudos to Jim Goodwin and his team.

I thought Andreu was fine as well. He battled hard, won a lot of ball and used it well. It's strange how he is getting so much stick and Jakubiak gets so much praise when Jakubiak gave the ball away almost every time he touched it. He really needs to get his head up and play the ball earlier.

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

As soon as you appointed Stendal the writing was on the wall, the guy is a clown. Imagine saying after he will pick a team Sunday that will compete the whole match, … i think I speak for the vast majority when I say we don't want Hearts down, but what the heck has been going on at your club since you topped the league a couple of seasons ago ??

I'm coming around to the idea that keeps going around that he's the right appointment at the wrong time. Taking where we were last week into consideration I really thought we were back on our feet and he'd learnt from his mistakes, but I don't he has ready to battle and dig deep.

One way or another, a fucking clear out at all levels is happening this summer and it's long overdue.

3 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I'm coming around to the idea that keeps going around that he's the right appointment at the wrong time. Taking where we were last week into consideration I really thought we were back on our feet and he'd learnt from his mistakes, but I don't he has ready to battle and dig deep.

One way or another, a fucking clear out at all levels is happening this summer and it's long overdue.

I think Stendel was only appointed because the perception is that the German coaches down South are artisans, thinkers, with the work ethic and mindset to suit the British game, so he could be one of those who have done well down there. Stendel just seems to be a useless tosser though. No shame in that, my team have handed the keys to many useless tossers too.

Edited by pozbaird

That was a gutsy performance last night. The back four played really well but especially Waters who had his best game for us by far, he was so solid under a lot of pressure for the last 15 minutes.

Obika put in a hell of a shift and took his goal brilliantly. Jakubiak looks a very good signing, he causes a lot of problems with his direct runs. It was a shame that chance fell to him so late in the game when he was knackered.

Wallace was great considering how little he’s played this season, the pass for the goal was excellent. I think the main reason we’ve struggled to create clear chances this season is the lack of a proper playmaker in midfield with Flynn being in defence then injured. Fingers crossed Wallace is the solution.

Andreu is still godawful. Hope Goodwin can put out a midfield without him against Killie. Will be a really tough game with all the injuries last night and Waters not available either.
Andreu is terrible for the team. A complete passenger. Plays far too deep allowing the opposition to run the midfield. Stands 2 yards off his man and never tackles. And never tracks a player back. No idea what Goodwin sees in him. Wee Danny would at least would show some energy and desire even if out of position. Let's hope some of the injuries are not that bad.

Just now, the jambo-rocker said:

You have a point, however as we found with Tommy Craig that you need to look how they did previously, Stendal has been sacked twice, and with his comments last night re picking a team that tries for 90 mins not just 45 will just isolate the dressing even more. For some reason Hearts played hoofball, and that's why they have only 9 points from 13 games v the bottom 6 this season, Saints have 20 points 

Handball from Obika at the goal and we were denied a stonewall penalty.  But even despite that we got what we deserved.  To go 90 minutes in a game where your future is at stake and not have a shot is scandalous.  Stop playing Boyce in fucking midfield as well. 

Our fans were awful last night as well, even getting off a packed train walking to the ground I never heard a single song, it was deathly silence.  Like we knew what was coming.

36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You have a point, however as we found with Tommy Craig that you need to look how they did previously, Stendal has been sacked twice, and with his comments last night re picking a team that tries for 90 mins not just 45 will just isolate the dressing even more. For some reason Hearts played hoofball, and that's why they have only 9 points from 13 games v the bottom 6 this season, Saints have 20 points 

What's Stendel meant to say though? That it was acceptable?  It was fucking pathetic, we are going down anyway, might as well let them know it's not good enough.

41 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think Stendel was only appointed because the perception is that the German coaches down South are artisans, thinkers, with the work ethic and mindset to suit the British game, so he could be one of those who have done well down there. Stendel just seems to be a useless tosser though. No shame in that, my team have handed the keys to many useless tossers too.

Compared to what we're looking like we're going to settle for when we go down, it's always an appointment that was going to look worth making. The thought of a championship (and a piss-poor looking one at that) with someone like John Robertson next season, as nice a guy as he is completely underwhelms me and effectively makes it feel like a write off for season. At least the last time we had the prospect of Rangers, Hibs down with us last time. This time around would have the quality is so good that Berra looks good.

40 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

As Tony Wonder said, I don't think I would be happy with a manager telling them they were anything less than utter dugmeat on the basis of last night's performance. Nobody at Hearts should have to stand for that.

12 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

What's Stendel meant to say though? That it was acceptable?  It was fucking pathetic, we are going down anyway, might as well let them know it's not good enough.

And yet you have the 3rd highest wage bill ?

I don't think the players really care unless its against Sevco or Hibs, that actually makes it worst

And lets be honest here, Livi, County, Saints and Accies are all much smaller clubs, the fact your bottom with 4 wins from 30 games suggests there is something seriously wrong there, ala Dundee Utd/ Hibs 

Handball from Obika at the goal and we were denied a stonewall penalty.  But even despite that we got what we deserved.  To go 90 minutes in a game where your future is at stake and not have a shot is scandalous.  Stop playing Boyce in fucking midfield as well. 
Our fans were awful last night as well, even getting off a packed train walking to the ground I never heard a single song, it was deathly silence.  Like we knew what was coming.
Handball and penalty? Nah, mate.

If that's what Hearts fans think, then it makes it all the sweeter. [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Handball and penalty? Nah, mate.

If that's what Hearts fans think, then it makes it all the sweeter. emoji23.png

I think it because it is, watch it back.

It is in no way an excuse, we deserved nothing and got it.  i'm not even annoyed at the result tbh, just gutted at how much a bunch of shitebags we have.

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

And yet you have the 3rd highest wage bill ?

I don't think the players really care unless its against Sevco or Hibs, that actually makes it worst

And lets be honest here, Livi, County, Saints and Accies are all much smaller clubs, the fact your bottom with 4 wins from 30 games suggests there is something seriously wrong there, ala Dundee Utd/ Hibs 

The wage bill is mainly down to Levein.  He assembled an absolutely rotten squad, mostly on long term deals.  

Of course there's something wrong, we are a shambles from top to bottom and have been for 2 years.  Levein was allowed to un the whole club like a plaything and even when we sack him he's still kicking about.  It's a mess.

29 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Big shout out to St Mirren for making a big deal of the current medical climate like they care and then not putting any soap, hot water, hand driers or paper towels in the toilets.  I just about caught frostbite.

Plenty in the home end ?

What does that tell you:lol: