St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

Stendel copying from the Big Book of Levein Ploys and going for the oldest trick in there. image.png.85487fb42e0066f9cd05348a1dd93e5b.png.e054ff9772d5403c97319c2c38607c4f.png

"Oh woe is me, injury-related shenanigans have ruled out my best players right before this crucial match!"

Absolutely no c**t is buying that one anymore, lads.

3 hours ago, Daz1874 said:

Anyone know if the st mirren end will have a cash gate?

Kinda aye, kinda naw.

You need a ticket, but they are on sale right up until kick off at the ticket office in the main stand. Takes no longer than two mins usually.

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Stendel copying from the Big Book of Levein Ploys and going for the oldest trick in there. image.png.85487fb42e0066f9cd05348a1dd93e5b.png.e054ff9772d5403c97319c2c38607c4f.png

"Oh woe is me, injury-related shenanigans have ruled out my best players right before this crucial match!"

Absolutely no c**t is buying that one anymore, lads.

Won’t wash. Not against a St Mirren side who are losing midfielders and defenders to injury too.

Hopefully JG has learned his lesson from the Hamilton game where he changed our system to 1 up front and dropped Obika. We were pretty hopeless that night until Jakubiak and Obika came on the park. It’s got to be all our attack for me and hopefully we out score the jambos. 

Its another chance to put a wee bit of daylight between ourselves and bottom spot , no shitting the bed again please lads.  

Hearts big faves for this game for me. Mainly due to us playing a gruelling 120+ minutes on a heavy Fir Park pitch 72 hours before the game while the Hearts players had their feet up.

That coupled with their, ahem, turnaround in form since Stendel’s arrival and their big spending in January. The pressure is certainly on the Jambos to get the win here and I think they will.

0-1

1 minute ago, Lex said:

Hearts big faves for this game for me. Mainly due to us playing a gruelling 120+ minutes on a heavy Fir Park pitch 72 hours before the game while the Hearts players had their feet up.

That coupled with their, ahem, turnaround in form since Stendel’s arrival and their big spending in January. The pressure is certainly on the Jambos to get the win here and I think they will.

0-1

I think both teams will score. Though I'm not arguing with your away win prediction.

40 minutes ago, Lex said:

Get your reverse psychology in the bin, we aren't favourites for any game. 

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

I really wish it wasn’t.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27089161

ETA - he also seems to think that St Mirren going down to ten helped them more than it helped us. :lol:

Amazing. I can just imagine the perfect comedic pause before he looks straight down the camera and says "...and then we lose a second goal."

Aside from Hibs away in September, we haven't won away since Dundee last season and they were dugmeat. We're honking away from home. St. Mirren have only been beat by Celtic at home for the last 7 matches.
There isn't a chance in hell we're winning this game tomorrow.
Trying the old reverse psychology.

1 minute ago, elvis said:
3 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:
Aside from Hibs away in September, we haven't won away since Dundee last season and they were dugmeat. We're honking away from home. St. Mirren have only been beat by Celtic at home for the last 7 matches.
There isn't a chance in hell we're winning this game tomorrow.

Trying the old reverse psychology.

Aye, you've totally got me there. 60% of the time, it works all the time.