St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

If we play like we did in the first half last night: 3-0 

If we play like we did in the second half last night: 0-5

My prediction: a high scoring game, both teams to score, Saints to win by 2 or 3 and go some way to avenge the 5 (five) goal spanking in Embra last year.

Obika is a goal machine and he'll fancy at least a brace, i fancy the Turkish Dreamboat (Trade Mark Dr Sanchez) to score a worldie on his debut and cement his beautiful (those eyes tho...❤️) self as a much needed St Mirren cult hero.  

2200h on Friday night this thread will be a seething mess of Hearts fans all admitting that they're going down.  I'm off to dig out Greg Wallace memes.  

20 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Boyce likely out for us.  Great.

No denying that'd be an enormous boost for us.

I honestly have no idea what to expect from St Mirren on Friday. You've got to fancy Hearts' chances after our exertions last night: I can't see that we're in a position to change that line-up at all so we'll likely all be knackered. Unless Goodwin shites it and goes one up front, I really can't see what else we'd change.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Odd comments today from Stendel. First a club denial he has "lost the dressing room" then he comes out with stuff like the mood is "too positive" and the players are not working hard enough and just expecting the turn around to happen.  That sounds to me EXACTLY like a manager that has lost the dressing room !!! Hearts to Lose, Stendel dismissed in the tunnel and Levein back in charge by Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Odd comments today from Stendel. First a club denial he has "lost the dressing room" then he comes out with stuff like the mood is "too positive" and the players are not working hard enough and just expecting the turn around to happen.  That sounds to me EXACTLY like a manager that has lost the dressing room !!! Hearts to Lose, Stendel dismissed in the tunnel and Levein back in charge by Saturday.

I just spoke about this on the Hearts thread.  What's wrong with saying the players have to realise the situation they are in and that we can't just expect it to swing our way?  

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Is this in any danger of being postponed?  I notice the forecast is pretty much for non-stop rain, how does your pitch normally hold up?

We've one of the best pitches in the league and have very few postponements,  so I'd be pretty hopeful that it will go ahead. 

On 16/02/2020 at 19:49, SEETHING said:

It's really quite striking to learn just how bad you have to be in order to be relegated from this accursed league. Despite Craig Levein being an anus horribilis and Hearts having an annus horribilis, we are still well-placed to coast clear of danger with room to spare. 

Unfortunate for St Mirren and their fans that they face certain defeat on Friday evening, but, in fairness, f**k them. 

3-0 Hearts. 

On 16/02/2020 at 20:00, LincolnHearts said:

A McPhee side put 5 past this mob, so taking that into account along with their mandatory 2 goal start, our guaranteed f**k-ups and our improved firepower, I reckon we're winning this one 10-6.

I'm enjoying the Hearts supports' defiance in the face of impending doom.  More clubs fans should adopt this approach.

Theres nothing more pathetic than the snivelling negative approach of "we're shite, our players are shite, we're going down etc" that I keep seeing from a few Accies fans on the relegation thread, and Dundee fans had last season.  A couple amongst our support were at it earlier in the season as well.

The confident approach also has the added bonus of making relegation all the funnier if it does happen!

Think this one will be a nervy draw.

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

We've one of the best pitches in the league and have very few postponements,  so I'd be pretty hopeful that it will go ahead. 

The last time I can remember a game being postponed or abandoned because of rain was a match v Ross County about seven years ago, when Willie look at me Collum walked round the pitch for twenty minutes bouncing a ball. Bizarre.

Just now, Joe Terrapin said:

Remember going there when that c**t Butcher was in charge. We got skelped 2-0 even with Goodwin getting sent off early on. This was the game that made me realise we were going down. Hopefully the boys in maroon will have the same feeling after Friday.

I remember that, went 2-0 up early on, went down to 10 and expected an onslaught from Hibs which never materialised.

It's hardly we are all in this together stuff smacks of throwing them under the bus. Classic not my fault position.

I just spoke about this on the Hearts thread.  What's wrong with saying the players have to realise the situation they are in and that we can't just expect it to swing our way?