St Mirren Defeat Thread (featuring Heart of Midlothian)

It's really quite striking to learn just how bad you have to be in order to be relegated from this accursed league. Despite Craig Levein being an anus horribilis and Hearts having an annus horribilis, we are still well-placed to coast clear of danger with room to spare. 

Unfortunate for St Mirren and their fans that they face certain defeat on Friday evening, but, in fairness, f**k them. 

3-0 Hearts. 

42 minutes ago, Shteve said:

Quite confident about winning this one purely because it's on the TV, we always seem to raise our game in front of the TV cameras or maybe I'm just getting that desperate.

You do realise that your match with Livingston last season (0-5) was on the TV?

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that your match with Livingston last season (0-5) was on the TV?

Aye, caught the fifth goal in the pub, meant this season. Honestly though I think we will beat St Mirren.

1-3 Hearts. Naisy, Boyce and Walker with the goals.

This should be an absolute cracker. It's no surprise that BT Sport has picked this up, involving, is it does, the league's third- and fourth-most-attacking sides*.

What will, I'm sure, become clear over the course of the 90 minutes is that neither of these sides, both of which are a credit to Scotland's top flight, should be anywhere near a relegation dogfight.

Time to make the league bigger to avoid this sort of farce, I reckon.

* Based on shots taken in league games, figures accurate as of 17/02/2020.

Must admit I am worried about the Hearts juggernaught rolling into Paisley on Friday night. How can we stop their incredible and lethal strike force? What chance do we have against their steel wall of defence? They are full of confidence and we all know Hearts have never, ever bottled a must win game. :)

16 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Must admit I am worried about the Hearts juggernaught rolling into Paisley on Friday night. How can we stop their incredible and lethal strike force? What chance do we have against their steel wall of defence? They are full of confidence and we all know Hearts have never, ever bottled a must win game. :)

Or a must-draw game, tbf.