Raith Rovers vs Clyde

15 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I certainly won't be posting it on line, the player knows it the Clyde board know it and the various board members of the other clubs that lost out all know it too!  They were all informed by the player what he wanted and when he signed the deal with Clyde that he was no longer available as he'd got the deal he was after.

The reason I won't post and name names is that none of the clubs that were after him will publicly admit that they had tried to sign him, the fall-out and potential flack that any club signing him would have attracted would have been damaging enough so there nothing to be gained at this stage making it known it was what they were considering/trying to achieve a month ago.

At the end of the day you can believe it or not believe it and I couldn't give a fcuk either way, but sooner or later Clyde fans (and everyone else) will find out exactly what his deal is........unless that is that the Clyde chairman is using them old brown envelopes.

If it was to be true which I dont think it is and I was a supporter of one of theses clubs I,d be concerned that info like this is being leaked to a Rovers supporter.However I suspect its someone at/ in our own club thats feeding you information whether true or not  which isnt healthy

On 17/02/2020 at 23:01, haufdaft said:

Anyone who was aware of our financial situation around the time of Goodwillie's contact extension will know that any suggestion £1000/week is nonsense.

My theory is that Goodwillie insisted that it would take a £1000/week for him to leave his beloved Clyde.

What WAS our financial situation around the time of the contract extension?

All I know is at least 1 other club offered him a deal which would have made him their highest paid player (by a margin), but although they could meet the £1000/week they couldn't offer a length of term deal that could meet his demands.  I have it on good authority Mr Goodwillie's terms were £1000/week and a 2.5 year deal.

So he said it would an offer of a grand a week to sign for Raith then. He was happy to stay at Clyde for less.

1 hour ago, HughieMc said:

What WAS our financial situation around the time of the contract extension?

Not a member anymore so im not entitled to know what is happening at my club.

However, though grandstand jungle drums, I'd heard we were not running at a profit or break even at the time of the AGM

We certainly weren't flush enough to be paying £1000/week.

Of course, I'd be happy if my information was wrong.

Football fans might as well be talking about quantum mechanics when it comes to individual player contracts. Loads of people have sources but the reality is neither the club nor the players are likely to leak any information themselves. Personally, for all his goals I'm delighted we avoided Goodwillie. Our club is doing brilliantly with PR at the moment after years in the wilderness. There's a lot to be happy with and introducing a rapist into the mix is a sure fire way to alienate our fanbase. 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Not a member anymore so im not entitled to know what is happening at my club.

However, though grandstand jungle drums, I'd heard we were not running at a profit or break even at the time of the AGM

We certainly weren't flush enough to be paying £1000/week.

Of course, I'd be happy if my information was wrong.

A member? 

You’d be happy if we were paying this amount to Goodie?

A member? 

You’d be happy if we were paying this amount to Goodie?
A member or an owner?

It makes no difference what is called. In my opinion the model is, in reality, closer to a membership than ownership scheme but either description is fine with me.

No I wouldn't be happy if we were paying Goodwillie that amount.

I would, however, be happy if we were in a financial position that it be affordable to the club.

33 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

A member or an owner?

It makes no difference what is called. In my opinion the model is, in reality, closer to a membership than ownership scheme but either description is fine with me.

No I wouldn't be happy if we were paying Goodwillie that amount.

I would, however, be happy if we were in a financial position that it be affordable to the club.

How much would you feel comfortable in paying him?