Raith Rovers vs Clyde

Seeing some comments about us letting the opposition off the hook again. It may just be me but I’m finding it hard to actually think of games where this has been the case. Possibly the Stranraer away game but we still conceded three goals away from home. In a lot of the games we have won, I feel we’ve been fairly clinical with the chances we have created. If nothing else, it’s hugely encouraging to hear about the amount of chances we created. Hopefully put some away on Tuesday.

Edited by Scott-Replay

Clyde look like they can do us a favour against the Bairns, who by all accounts were even luckier than us today against the Mo.

We weren’t as lucky as you looking at your highlights. Looks like you should have been 2/3 down before you scored. Penalty save aside Mutch had nothing to do.

21 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Seeing some comments about us letting the opposition off the hook again. It may just be me but I’m finding it hard to actually think of games where this has been the case. Possibly the Stranraer away game but we still conceded three goals away from home. In a lot of the games we have won, I feel we’ve been fairly clinical with the chances we have created. If nothing else, it’s hugely encouraging to hear about the amount of chances we created. Hopefully put some away on Tuesday.

Dumbarton at home end of November's just one.  Start well, score a bit of a lucky goal with the deflection but we're absolutely all over them, miles ahead of them in football.  They're all over the place there for the taking but we didn't take our chances to kill it after half an hour.  Hands them the initiative, hit us twice on the break, then shut up shop.   Of course there's games we didn't turn up or whatever, and got what we deserved, but there's been a few games where we should have killed the game, didn't and paid the price.

We are where we are mainly beause the first half of this season was a write off, the number of injuries were ridiculous.  From January, yes, should be doing a bit better, but now seems to have found a decent balance to move forward with.  We've good players, the comments about most not being up to this level are laughable, but they too have to keep the performance levels like yesterday for the rest of the season, and as the Rovers lads are saying, get their shooting boots on 

We weren’t as lucky as you looking at your highlights. Looks like you should have been 2/3 down before you scored. Penalty save aside Mutch had nothing to do.

We certainly rode our luck yesterday and some good goalkeeping. Falkirk will need to put in a good shift against Clyde as they certainly deserved more than they got today.

We certainly rode our luck yesterday and some good goalkeeping. Falkirk will need to put in a good shift against Clyde as they certainly deserved more than they got today.

As will Clyde. We have lost 15 all season and look even more solid now Hall is in the side.

Our issue are middle to front. We lack creativity and a partner for McManus. Longridge has done he has since Christmas and needs to start producing if we are to win this league. Sammon and McMillan are hopeless.

Thanks! It is 100% a team effort week in week out (40 games this season already?!) but personally I’m glad to give something back to the club that’s given me some great memories, here’s hoping this season can add some more to the list.

It’s great getting credit for a job well done - the entire RaithTV team are supporters like the rest of you, who’d be in the South Stand and at away matches every week anyway if we weren’t helping the club out.
It’s a source of pride for us all that the only football played this season that we’ve not provided highlights of has been the Fife Cup tie at Burntisland, due to there not being a suitable camera position to film from 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Having watched the highlights I'm not sure how Clyde fans can be coming away with not a failure in the team type comments. Their finishing was abysmal. That no 7 especially looks like he couldn't score to save his life.

Nice to see Armstrong actually bother to turn up for once. Hopefully he'll actually start contributing now but I won't hold my breath.

Anyone not named Goodwillie having three clear chances on goal is worthy of a MotM award to be honest. A long time since that happened.

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

1 hour ago, BrigtonClyde said:

Dumbarton at home end of November's just one.  Start well, score a bit of a lucky goal with the deflection but we're absolutely all over them, miles ahead of them in football.  They're all over the place there for the taking but we didn't take our chances to kill it after half an hour.  Hands them the initiative, hit us twice on the break, then shut up shop.   Of course there's games we didn't turn up or whatever, and got what we deserved, but there's been a few games where we should have killed the game, didn't and paid the price.

Although it wasn't a defeat I would put Forfar away at the start of the season into that category too. Unbelievable we never won that day.

Suppose my reasoning behind saying Hendry was disappointing or decent as you put it is down to expectations because his norm is above those levels
The rest of your post is a fair and balanced analysis

Bearing in mind most teams try and kick Hendry off the park with very little protection from the poor referees

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It was a tale of two windy halves.  We were lucky Clyde's forwards were powder puff in the first half. We also had a shite referee, unlike the homer you had. We dominated the second half and missed a few too.

Wasn't there yesterday but first of all going by the comments of both the Clyde & Rovers lads then by the highlights (well put together by the way), it's another game we've let the opposition off the hook.  A clean sheet's ideal but losing a goal away from home isn't the sign of a bad defence, you factor that in, the home team will likely score.
It looks like he's found a decent formation, so stick with it.  Also looks like we're moving the ball quicker which is when we're at our best.  Course that's helped by Rovers also coming out to try & win, so it's a proper game.   It's not a surprise to me, we've a good group of players, they're more than capable.
But you cannot miss these chances & expect anything.  That said, a few of them were shots from 25 - 30 yards out which looked more like desperation and they need to make better decisions there, more patience, bit more composure.  Calm down a little bit, if it's on, fine, if it isn't, find a man.  If we keep playing like that but also get more clinical, no problems picking up points.     

What's this shooting over the bar all about?

It was a tale of two windy halves.  We were lucky Clyde's forwards were powder puff in the first half. We also had a shite referee, unlike the homer you had. We dominated the second half and missed a few too.

The homer? [emoji23]

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

The homer? emoji23.png

League One fitba tradition...referee is always described as “shite”, rivals ref is a homer if they win, you always won despite the calls...best learn that now for next year.🤣

I'm not sure what anyone at this level really expects from a referee if they have a problem with Roncone's performance on Saturday.

Didn’t think he was great but he also wasn’t the worst referee, was a bit pedantic at times but then wasn’t consistent in that approach. Don’t think he got any really big calls wrong so I’m not too bothered about him. Standard lower league game referee.

23 hours ago, David W said:

I'm not sure what anyone at this level really expects from a referee if they have a problem with Roncone's performance on Saturday.

Yes, "shite" is a bit strong, and he made no outrageous decisions we get on a regular basis. What irked me and many others was the way he let  Clyde players off with a string of cynical fouls, until he eventually had to book one late in the game.

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yes, "shite" is a bit strong, and he made no outrageous decisions we get on a regular basis. What irked me and many others was the way he let  Clyde players off with a string of cynical fouls, until he eventually had to book one late in the game.

To be honest we've had the reverse of that in other games, particularly with tackles on Goodwillie.