Raith Rovers vs Clyde

Think about 5 of us at half time said "this has 1-0 Raith written all over it". Not been as scunnered about a defeat in a long time. A real encouraging performance after weeks of rubbish that had everything the last few weeks haven't; winning second balls (and first balls!), confident in possesion, creating a number chances. As a few people have mentioned, Armstrong's introduction turned the game. Had us on the back foot immediately by taking the ball and running at his man, something Raith lacked for the majority of the game up till then.

It's usually hard to pick a MOTM from a good team performance but Lang was absolutely outstanding again. I obviously hope not for selfish reasons but he must be a shoe in to be Dunfermlines first choice next season. Mark Lamont really stepped up today too I thought.

Edited by C. Muir

Think about 5 of us at half time said "this has 1-0 Raith written all over it". Not been as scunnered about a defeat in a long time. A real encouraging performance after weeks of rubbish that had everything the last few weeks haven't; winning second balls (and first balls!), confident in possesion, creating a number chances. As a few people have mentioned, Armstrong's introduction turned the game. Had us on the back foot immediately by taking the ball and running at his man, something Raith lacked for the majority of the game up till then.
It's usually hard to pick a MOTM from a good team performance but Lang was absolutely outstanding again. I obviously hope not for selfish reasons but he must be a shoe in to be Dunfermlines first choice next season. Mark Lamont really stepped up today too I thought.

Play like that next week against Falkirk and you’ll get something there. Hopefully a win. All the best.

Thought Clyde were very good in the first half and should have been ahead, probably 2 at least. 

2nd half we were much better. Its testament to our depth that we can make three changes like that and still have quality on the bench. 

McLean gives us something we didn't have before.  Does a lot of dirty work and scored a poachers goal. Not exciting to watch, but he adds to our side. 

Armstrong played like the Armstrong I thought we were getting. 

As poor as we were for a lot of today, we stepped it up as the 2nd half went on and that's going to be key for getting out this league. 

Excellent performance in the second half to grind out the win. Clyde did well in the first half but I had complete confidence we'd turn it round. The number of overreactions in the South Stand to our patient build up was rather ridiculous. McGlynn won us the game with his subs and the experience we had on the bench all came in very helpful. Tait and Bowie have both been absolutely outstanding but they got no breaks today. Spencer's drive along with Armstrong's trickery allowed for us to push forwards. Dingwall had an excellent game - I've been critical but Clyde were chasing the game and he drifted between defence and midfield. 

For all the Clyde pressure, the defence were solid. Thomson's saves were top class. Davidson and Benedictus didn't have any howlers. McKay isn't a right back and ideally I'd rather we have Miller back in for the upcoming games. McDonald was poor in the first half but had a lot more success in the second. 

Delighted to see McLean get off the mark. He's been an outstanding acquisition so far. He was largely involved in build up play before using his experience to be in the right place at the right time for the winner. I half expected the linesman to stick his flag up but fortunately there was a defender on the line. If Clyde play like they did today, they'll be fine for the rest of the season. Their injuries appear to have cleared up and swapping Petkov (who was rotten) while getting Lang into their squad is an excellent bit of business. 

Highlights confirming everything (beer goggles were on massive at game!).

two subs combining to set up McLean. Big performances from two boys that needed to step up.

Also, fucking sitter at the end from Clyde. Good save but Robbie shouldn’t g set a chances to save that. Should burst the net. 

Vodka time.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The number of overreactions in the South Stand to our patient build up was rather ridiculous. 

Sorry but that was our problem in the first half.It wasnt a patient build up,it was too slow and methodical and one of the reasons Clyde were more dominant and able to impose their game on us.Second half we moved the ball quicker, were the dominant side and went onto to win the game.I,m all playing football from the back but there are times the pace we do it at would put you to sleep.

38 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Here are this week's highlights...

It should be said every week - you - and all the boys involved - fucking legends. Real rovers legends. Your work is massively appreciated by all the fans. Any pub you ever walk on a rovers trip post on here and you’ll not put your hand in your pocket mate 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

It should be said every week - you - and all the boys involved - fucking legends. Real rovers legends. Your work is massively appreciated by all the fans. Any pub you ever walk on a rovers trip post on here and you’ll not put your hand in your pocket mate 👍🏼

I'll start doing your highlights if you're getting the drinks in for it 

12 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Thanks! It is 100% a team effort week in week out (40 games this season already?!) but personally I’m glad to give something back to the club that’s given me some great memories, here’s hoping this season can add some more to the list.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sorry but that was our problem in the first half.It wasnt a patient build up,it was too slow and methodical and one of the reasons Clyde were more dominant and able to impose their game on us.Second half we moved the ball quicker, were the dominant side and went onto to win the game.I,m all playing football from the back but there are times the pace we do it at would put you to sleep.

Agree. Our intensity levels were too low from the off and not for the 1st time this season.  We need to be ‘at it’ from the 1st min. We were lucky not to be several goals behind after an hour and can only be thankful that Clyde forgot their shooting boots

Watched the highlights, should have been at least 1-3, probably 1-4, at the half, blooming horrific. That being said, we ground out another win. Now maybe Falkirk’s three in eight days will cause them to slip up a wee bit!

Having watched the highlights I'm not sure how Clyde fans can be coming away with not a failure in the team type comments. Their finishing was abysmal. That no 7 especially looks like he couldn't score to save his life.

Nice to see Armstrong actually bother to turn up for once. Hopefully he'll actually start contributing now but I won't hold my breath.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Having watched the highlights I'm not sure how Clyde fans can be coming away with not a failure in the team type comments. Their finishing was abysmal. That no 7 especially looks like he couldn't score to save his life.

Nice to see Armstrong actually bother to turn up for once. Hopefully he'll actually start contributing now but I won't hold my breath.

Finishing was abysmal but I would be more concerned if we turned in another inept showing ala Forfar and Airdrie away games recently and created nothing. 

Wasn't there yesterday but first of all going by the comments of both the Clyde & Rovers lads then by the highlights (well put together by the way), it's another game we've let the opposition off the hook.  A clean sheet's ideal but losing a goal away from home isn't the sign of a bad defence, you factor that in, the home team will likely score.

It looks like he's found a decent formation, so stick with it.  Also looks like we're moving the ball quicker which is when we're at our best.  Course that's helped by Rovers also coming out to try & win, so it's a proper game.   It's not a surprise to me, we've a good group of players, they're more than capable.

But you cannot miss these chances & expect anything.  That said, a few of them were shots from 25 - 30 yards out which looked more like desperation and they need to make better decisions there, more patience, bit more composure.  Calm down a little bit, if it's on, fine, if it isn't, find a man.  If we keep playing like that but also get more clinical, no problems picking up points.     

Clyde definitely deserved something from that game, they should have been at least 2 up before we even bothered to turn up. Happy with a scrappy win anytime 3 points is all that matters at the end of the game. I hope Clyde play like this against Falkirk but put their shooting boots on. Seen Clyde all 3 games this season and going on the last two I’m surprised they are where they are in the table. Good luck for the rest of the season, don’t think you’ll be in the relegation spots come the end of the season.