Raith Rovers vs Clyde

10 minutes ago, You Only Live Twice said:

Never saw this coming at half time, what a shock eh!

Hate it when I’m right.

It’s the best we’ve played in months and when you pass up the chances we did, particularly Rankin’s at the end, we can’t complain we didn’t get anything. 

If we play like that every game until the end of the season, we’ll be safe. 

That was a tough watch. Came up against a very well organised clyde side and struggled to break them down. The save from thomson was immense, thought we were heading for a draw at that point. Bairds passing has been poor the last few weeks. Will take that result all day long though. Yet another tough game down at dumbarton next week.

By the way, what game were the sponsors watching? MacDonald wasn’t man of the match, even if he did play well. Fans got it spot on with thomson.

The substitutions turned the game for the Rovers.

Armstrong had his best game since coming back, replacing Bowie who possibly his worst. Bowie was bullied by Lang early on, and didn't really seem to recover. He snatched at the couple of half chances that came his way, and wasn't picking his passes.

Spencer was calmer and a little more expansive than Tait, which helped bring Armstrong into the game, and seemed to move us 10-20 yards further up the park.

And Dingwall caused a bit of grief, particularly after the goal, with his tricky running. Baird never quite settled into the game, and he was dropping deeper and deeper to try and have an effect.

I'd probably have Matthews down as my man of the match for the Rovers, he was the one just about holding things together in the first half, and he was doing well keeping things going in the second. Tom Lang was undoubtedly the best player on the park this afternoon though. Shame he ended up on the losing team.

If we play like that every game until the end of the season, we’ll be safe. 

That's what regularly said after many our narrow defeats over the years.

We need points. Points are much more important than any good performance.

We can't blame injuries anymore.

I was saying to my son before the game that i'd take a scrappy 1-0 win and that is exactly what that was. Clyde were by far the better team in the first half and still looked dangerous in the 2nd but almost perfect subsititutions from McGlynn turned the game in our favour. Roll on to next week!

Really really dissapointed we never took all 3 points today. Outstanding performance from everyone an Excellent upgrade from last week. Really unlucky to lose such a poor goal. We had plenty of chances to go ahead in first half. And a fantastic save by the raith goalie right at the end to deny Rankin! 

Can't fault anyone's performance but annoyed we never got anything after playing so well.  Onto Tuesday... 

Also - pie was banging.

4 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Really really dissapointed we never took all 3 points today. Outstanding performance from everyone an Excellent upgrade from last week. Really unlucky to lose such a poor goal. We had plenty of chances to go ahead in first half. And a fantastic save by the raith goalie right at the end to deny Rankin! 

Can't fault anyone's performance but annoyed we never got anything after playing so well.  Onto Tuesday... 

Also - pie was banging.

Our team Summed up in one sentence 
“Really unlucky to lose such a poor goal.”

how often??😡

Clyde were unlucky. First half was all them. If that number 7 had any end product they would have been in front. Second half was a better performance from Rovers but we still weren’t great and if Thomson hadn’t made that great save at the death then this place would be a bear pit.

Weather was horrible, as it has been for a couple of weeks now. Still, we got the 3 points and that’s all that matters. 

Do any of the sponsors actually watch the game? McDonald for Man of the Match was a questionable decision. I suppose they’re just there for a day on the piss, but still.