Raith Rovers vs Clyde

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Who really cares how much he’s being paid? Post after post of pure drivel!

Can we go back to arguing about the Nando Mendy song please?

No, but I will argue tactics. I’d love us to line up 5-2-1-2, but expect JMcG to stay with his beloved 4-1-2-1-2 or such.

Would love to see Miller/McKay/Davo/Bene/MacDonald across the back. Not a game for Mendy, not with Goodwillie lurking...but I’D like to see him get a little time soon.

Not a game for Mendy, not with Goodwillie lurking...but I’D like to see him get a little time soon.

Unless there is some catastrophic situation in terms of player availability Mendy will continue to be a bench warmer at best.

58 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Unless there is some catastrophic situation in terms of player availability Mendy will continue to be a bench warmer at best.

IDK, I expect to see him for the last 10 to 15 minutes when he next makes the bench.

IDK, I expect to see him for the last 10 to 15 minutes when he next makes the bench.

He really won’t. We’re not exactly scudding teams 4 or 5-0 to merit bringing him on and, touch wood, we have players fit for that position. He’s well down the pecking order, the fact he’s not making the bench is an obvious sign (unless I’m dense and there’s a set amount of subs you can have). You’re the statto, when did McGlynn last sub a centre back?

11 hours ago, Jilted John said:

Who really cares how much he’s being paid? Post after post of pure drivel!

Can we go back to arguing about the Nando Mendy song please?

Where have you been? We’re arguing about smoke bombs and broken seats these days.

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

We did that with the Peterhead game back in the summer. We were 3-0 up and coasting, Mendy came on and played one of their players in for 3-1, then nearly scored an OG. Saying that, we managed a similar collapse against Montrose in our last home game. What the hell! Give him a game, it’s only promotion after all.

Edit: you were right about Tait. I have confidence in your abilities. Kelty will have seen him right.

Edited by Scary Bear

21 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Football fans might as well be talking about quantum mechanics when it comes to individual player contracts. Loads of people have sources but the reality is neither the club nor the players are likely to leak any information themselves. Personally, for all his goals I'm delighted we avoided Goodwillie. Our club is doing brilliantly with PR at the moment after years in the wilderness. There's a lot to be happy with and introducing a rapist into the mix is a sure fire way to alienate our fanbase. 

As a quantum physicist I take offence to this comment.

3 hours ago, Raithie said:

He really won’t. We’re not exactly scudding teams 4 or 5-0 to merit bringing him on and, touch wood, we have players fit for that position. He’s well down the pecking order, the fact he’s not making the bench is an obvious sign (unless I’m dense and there’s a set amount of subs you can have). You’re the statto, when did McGlynn last sub a centre back?

I’m saying that when JMcG puts him actually on the bench, he’ll be a last sub to get time because the gaffer feels he’s improved. Last CB sub was Davo. I agree we aren’t scudding or coasting, but I just see that coming. Yes, there is a bench limit.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

We did that with the Peterhead game back in the summer. We were 3-0 up and coasting, Mendy came on and played one of their players in for 3-1, then nearly scored an OG. Saying that, we managed a similar collapse against Montrose in our last home game. What the hell! Give him a game, it’s only promotion after all.

Edit: you were right about Tait. I have confidence in your abilities. Kelty will have seen him right.

I understand, and I just think JMcG will have him on the bench before the year ends and playing a few minutes.

On 17/02/2020 at 19:43, ScottR96 said:

Assuming we’ll be housed in the same part of the stadium as last time? Is it covered? I was at the game in August but I can’t remember noticing. It was warm and dry that day I’m sure. I doubt the weather will be as kind in February. 

Clyde fans will be housed in the SM Electrical Supplies Stand.

http://www.raithrovers.net/43526/match-preview-clyde-home-2.htm

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

SM Electrical Stand? Sounds like an Edwardian torture technique. Line us up, attach a pair of diodes to our nuts and wait to see who breaks first? Depressingly, I think that would be less painful than having to watch this match.

I trust you lot have raided the piggy bank to get a lackey in to give the seats a wee wipe? At £16 entry, I don't think it's too big an ask for the seats to be free of seagull $hite.

Only thing I have to say on the game itself is I hope Smith starts...this is the kind of match I can see him scoring a goal or two. That said, I'm finding it difficult to imagine us winning this but I'm hopeful we're going to be competitive at the very least.

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

I don't think it's too big an ask for the seats to be free of seagull $hite.

This is entirely up to the birds, the seats could have been cleaned today but if they've been on the lash tonight the place could be awash by breakfast.