Bairns v East Fife

What did Miller bringing himself on achieve?

He’s done. Hardly sends a positive message to McMillan either. Really strange call.

I can understand him going to get warmed up at 0-0 to try and spark the place a bit (which it did) but no way should he be coming on at 2-0 when we’re trying to see the game out.

7 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Players left foot is on the  line. Players right foot is well forward of it when connecting with the ball. I don't think his body is angled enough for the ball to be anywhere other than behind the line.

offtheline.jpg

It didn’t look over the line at the time, and certainly doesn’t in that picture.  Irrelevant I guess - we won and our goal difference is massively better than the others anyway

5 hours ago, Hughsie said:

What did Miller bringing himself on achieve?

He’s done. Hardly sends a positive message to McMillan either. Really strange call.

I can understand him going to get warmed up at 0-0 to try and spark the place a bit (which it did) but no way should he be coming on at 2-0 when we’re trying to see the game out.

I thought it was a decent move tbh.
Gives Miller much needed minutes and adds another available player to our squad. I expected him to be less mobile and thought he won most of his aerial battles. McMillan has had more than enough chances since M&M have came in. 

Maybe this is the girly Miller fanboy within me that’s blurring my vision though! 

Edited by wee_bairn

8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Three as well 

Pedro Moutinho
Personal information
Full name Pedro da Silva Moutinho
Date of birth 9 September 1979 (age 40)
Place of birth Santo Tirso, Portugal
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Centre forward
Youth career
1991–1996 Tirsense
1996–1998 Vitória Guimarães
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1998–1999 Rio Maior    
1999–2002 Marítimo B 58 (11)
2000–2004 Marítimo 2 (0)
2002  Famalicão (loan) 21 (6)
2002–2004  Penafiel (loan) 31 (5)
2004–2008 Falkirk 105 (16)
2008–2009 Marítimo 3 (0)
2008–2009 Marítimo B 6 (3)
2009  Rio Ave (loan) 11 (0)
2009–2010 Falkirk 25 (5)
2010 AEP 3 (1)
2011 Falkirk 10 (0)
2011–2012 Brașov 30 (7)
2012–2013 Atlético Baleares 6 (0)
2015 Stenhousemuir 2 (0)
2016–2017 Caniçal 30 (4)
Total   343 (58)
National team
2000 Portugal U20 3 (1)
2001 Portugal U21 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only

Two surprises in that for me - didn’t think he played anything like 105 games in his first stint, and thought he played more than 25 in his second.  One of those five goals was the peach of a team goal v Motherwell though!

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

I thought it was a decent move tbh.
Gives Miller much needed minutes and adds another available player to our squad. I expected him to be much less mobile and thought he won most of the aerial battles. McMillan has had more than enough chances since M&M have came in. 

Maybe this is the girly Miller fanboy within me that’s blurring my vision though! 

Good choice of music by tannoy boy on the way out!

54 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This was the earlier bounce, in which the ball is further forward. Unfortunately without the player being in contact with it we don't have a frame of reference.

AAA_4748.jpg

It definitely looked in at the time. It’s a shame because 3-0 would have been closer to a fair reflection on the game IMO.

Thought we were really poor in the first half, we did create some good opportunities through gomis, mcmanus and Connolly, although EF should have scored through Smith.

Longridge and sammon were especially poor, for such a crucial game just felt we lacked any real urgency and there was a distinct lack of quality.

Thankfully 2nd half was much better and we deservedly ran out comfortable winners.

I’m not concerned about Miller coming on, it’s who he subbed to come on that annoyed me. He has to take off McManus, we need to wrap him in cotton wool.  He could have got injured late on whilst battling for the ball on the touchline, an angry East Fife player tried to wipe him out.  
It was 2-0 with 8 mins to go, keepers not made a save, Miller and Sammon make us better at defending set-plays. When games are won - take off McManus, without him we are intercoursed.

That result has put to bed the very small lingering chance of competing for the league, but also would much rather Falkirk win the league than Raith of course. It now looks a 3 way battle between ourselves, Airdrie and Montrose to grab the last 2 play off spots.

With Stranraer and Forfar coming up over the next we need 6 points before what looks like a tricky March.

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

How many times do the losing fans say “2 poor teams”. 

Bit of a brass neck here. Falkirk fans have all been in agreement since day 1 about how awful the teams are at this level, but now Falkirk are firing some wins together you want to have a go at other fans for saying the same? Make yer minds up lads.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Bit of a brass neck here. Falkirk fans have all been in agreement since day 1 about how awful the teams are at this level, but now Falkirk are firing some wins together you want to have a go at other fans for saying the same? Make yer minds up lads.

I think we can all agree the standards dross but in the context of the league itself we're a lot better side than east fife and showed that in the second half last night when we could've won by a few more. To say one poor side and one dreadful side would have been a lot more accurate I would suggest.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think we can all agree the standards dross but in the context of the league itself we're a lot better side than east fife and showed that in the second half last night when we could've won by a few more. To say one poor side and one dreadful side would have been a lot more accurate I would suggest.

:lol:

Okay.