Bairns v East Fife

4 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Still puzzled how the nearside linesman  could not see the shot which cannoned of the E/F player then spun over the line by at least a yard. 100% goal

Were you in the main stand or South? From my position at the back behind the goals, the ball came off the defender, looked like it was going to spin over the line but spun the other way instead. The defender hesitated for a second because I think he thought it was going in but then managed to get back to clear it. I don't think it was a goal.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Were you in the main stand or South? From my position at the back behind the goals, the ball came off the defender, looked like it was going to spin over the line but spun the other way instead. The defender hesitated for a second because I think he thought it was going in but then managed to get back to clear it. I don't think it was a goal.

Looked in from the Main Stand although the assistant was well up with play. Couldn't care less though because we just saw BSLM play for Falkirk again 😍😍😍

Another game where we never looked like conceding. Made hard work of that for 60 mins but we had a good few chances to score before we eventually did. Dixon was excellent again. Always said he was one of McKinnon’s best signings last January and was made scapegoat by a few of our fans, although his form did dip a bit.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Main stand, the ball deflected of the player over the line  & the spin on the ball brought it back out . Without question it was a goal. Should see  it on  the highlights 

Not very pretty but well worth the win.
Can’t fault the work rate or desire particularly in the second half where we basically ran the legs off the Fifers.
Best move of the night ended with Longridge’s shot being blocked by the keepers legs, this being Louis only contribution in the match.
Sammon was also desperately disappointing.
Dixon is a player reborn and wee Connolly has a tremendous engine on him.
All about the 3 points tonight and good to see the entire bench going daft when we scored.

24 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

3) Midfield is not working. EF fans will say who would you drop- no idea- but we keep getting dominated in midfield- quality of balls to the front 2 is woeful- something needs to change.

I'm starting to agree with this. Midfield was constantly bypassed, though not helped by every Fife players first touch ending with the ball about 40 yards away from them. 

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

Was surprised to see BOTH Gomis and Longridge being substituted!!

Personally dont think the Gomis and Miller combo in the middle was working, very much the Taiwo and Kerr combo and if it was to be one of the them to go off,  it will be Gomis and Longridge was poor tonite

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I didnt think it was over the line either, so we await Falkirk tv to maybe confirm.

I still think we need a striker in if we are to get top spot, altho Miller did look to be a hell of a lot mobile than Sammon albeit hard to judge with his cameo role where he is at. 

He for sure got the crowd going with just warming up, a good striker could be enough to get top spot, all season our front two just havent clicked. 

Is there another player(s) who have made 3 returns to the club now outside obviously now Miller and Crunchie ?

Main stand, the ball deflected of the player over the line  & the spin on the ball brought it back out . Without question it was a goal. Should see  it on  the highlights 
The FTV lads were humming and hawing about it. I thought it looked in first time and in the replay. Hopefully one of the bairns from Bainsford or the 60s can shed some light on it.

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Personally dont think the Gomis and Miller combo in the middle was working, very much the Taiwo and Kerr combo and if it was to be one of the them to go off,  it will be Gomis and Longridge was poor tonite

I didnt think it was over the line either, so we await Falkirk tv to maybe confirm.

I still think we need a striker in if we are to get top spot, altho Miller did look to be a hell of a lot mobile than Sammon albeit hard to judge with his cameo role where he is at. 

He for sure got the crowd going with just warming up, a good striker could be enough to get top spot, all season our front two just havent clicked. 

Is there another player(s) who have made 3 returns to the club now outside obviously now Miller and Crunchie ?

How many times did we sign pedro?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

How many times did we sign pedro?

Three as well 

Pedro Moutinho
Personal information
Full name Pedro da Silva Moutinho
Date of birth 9 September 1979 (age 40)
Place of birth Santo Tirso, Portugal
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Centre forward
Youth career
1991–1996 Tirsense
1996–1998 Vitória Guimarães
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1998–1999 Rio Maior    
1999–2002 Marítimo B 58 (11)
2000–2004 Marítimo 2 (0)
2002  Famalicão (loan) 21 (6)
2002–2004  Penafiel (loan) 31 (5)
2004–2008 Falkirk 105 (16)
2008–2009 Marítimo 3 (0)
2008–2009 Marítimo B 6 (3)
2009  Rio Ave (loan) 11 (0)
2009–2010 Falkirk 25 (5)
2010 AEP 3 (1)
2011 Falkirk 10 (0)
2011–2012 Brașov 30 (7)
2012–2013 Atlético Baleares 6 (0)
2015 Stenhousemuir 2 (0)
2016–2017 Caniçal 30 (4)
Total   343 (58)
National team
2000 Portugal U20 3 (1)
2001 Portugal U21 1 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only

Edited by AL-FFC

36 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
48 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

The FTV lads were humming and hawing about it. I thought it looked in first time and in the replay. Hopefully one of the bairns from Bainsford or the 60s can shed some light on it.

Players left foot is on the  line. Players right foot is well forward of it when connecting with the ball. I don't think his body is angled enough for the ball to be anywhere other than behind the line.

offtheline.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Players left foot is on the  line. Players right foot is well forward of it when connecting with the ball. I don't think his body is angled enough for the ball to be anywhere other than behind the line.

offtheline.jpg

Huh? Looks about a foot away from the whole ball being behind the line 

Wasnt at the game tonight but seems very promising a lot of our players didn’t play well but we won 2-0. Momentum picking up 

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

offtheline.jpg

Nah, don't think you can tell from that. It's possible that he hasn't played the ball yet and the ball may already be spinning away from goal. I think the right foot being advanced of the left is a bit of an optical illusion as well.

That's not to say that the ball hadn't already crossed the line before the picture was taken of course but, as I said earlier, it didn't look over to me at the time.

There is another. 32497965-3E94-47F4-A362-866F246A0662-421-000000214A067DF0.jpg

6 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

offtheline.jpg

I think you posted the wrong picture if the description is supposed to match