Arbroath vs Ayr United

What’s wrong with John smiths?

Answer why your team is so fussed about he rainbow laces and armbands

It’s piss water mate. Get yourself a Tennants and you’ll feel better for it.

Is it not a good thing that teams raise awareness and support LGBT rights?

8 minutes ago, ASC1878 said:

What’s wrong with John smiths?

Answer why your team is so fussed about he rainbow laces and armbands

To be honest I didn't know we were as I never pay much / any attention to these sort of things. I suppose we need to accept that we're living in a generation that must blatantly spell everything out to say they agree or support something whether that be gimmicks such as rainbow laces, candlelit vigils, kicking matches off 2 mins late or doing away with plastic forks and carrier bags etc etc.

As Djaffo says it can be used to raise awareness and Ayr are obviously doing this to show that they're an inclusive football club so it isn't in any way a bad thing, but even if you think it's just gimmicky nonsense, I still don't see any reason to get annoyed / outraged about it.............

To be honest I didn't know we were as I never pay much / any attention to these sort of things. I suppose we need to accept that we're living in a generation that must blatantly spell everything out to say they agree or support something whether that be gimmicks such as rainbow laces, candlelit vigils, kicking matches off 2 mins late or doing away with plastic forks and carrier bags etc etc.
As Djaffo says it can be used to raise awareness and Ayr are obviously doing this to show that they're an inclusive football club so it isn't in any way a bad thing, but even if you think it's just gimmicky nonsense, I still don't see any reason to get annoyed / outraged about it.............
But the only attention nowadays comes from people questioning why it's needed.

These things are such an accepted part of football now and you've got to have a proper think about why that's not a good thing. Society had big problems and football was a part of that (racism, homophobia, sexism).

Dressing room cultures had to change, but it all takes time. The only arguments are by people who don't think these changes need to happen.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

What the f**k does that have to do with the price of tea in China 😆

Thanks for the response I’ve been waiting for WATTOO, a proper ayr fan and proper ayr man

These things are such an accepted part of football now and you've got to have a proper think about why that's not a good thing. Society had big problems and football was a part of that (racism, homophobia, sexism).

Dressing room cultures had to change, but it all takes time. The only arguments are by people who don't think these changes need to happen.

It’s all daft mate, supposed to be an #equalgame yet only see the rainbow laces in play!

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yes, I see what you're saying, but by the same token I think any normal civilised human being takes these matters for granted so again there's no need to keep highlighting it as all that does is give those with a problem an excuse to vent on social media platforms such as this.

I did think during the week about going up on the train but i thought the combination of iffy weather and a scotrail train operator would be asking too much to actually successfully get to Arbroath. It seems i was right going by what is happening on the trains today. Are Ayr fans not going to make it to Arbroath now because of the trains?

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

What the f**k does that have to do with the price of tea in China 😆

It's another example of modern day cynical gimmicks, in this case used by the multinational supermarket chains who quite frankly couldn't give a flying fcuk about the environment but some PR analyst has advised that it's a good marketing policy..............

I did think during the week about going up on the train but i thought the combination of iffy weather and a scotrail train operator would be asking too much to actually successfully get to Arbroath. It seems i was right going by what is happening on the trains today. Are Ayr fans not going to make it to Arbroath now because of the trains?
On our way now. Electric trains are great 90% of the time but when the power goes, then it's a case of Pete Tong. Hopefully make kickoff.

It's 2020 and remarkably Scottish football is still the only professional setup in the world where any man has played after outing himself as gay. And who killed himself due to bullying as a result. Absolutely anything that can be done to reduce that stigma, including dragging bigots like ASC1878 into the middle of the pitch before the game and beheading them, is both appropriate and welcome.