Arbroath vs Ayr United

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Waterlogged pitch. Unlucky.

Any club organising a days football around the needs of the Forfar travelling support needs shut down 

But, but, but,  couldn’t they have waited until 2pm before having an inspection?  I mean, maybe the pitch would have dried out by then.  

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A waterlogged pitch needs time to dry out, wind just needs to stop.

Wow.

Seems to be some confusion over the Dumbarton call-off, but I certainly disapprove of this talk of “common sense”..

8 hours ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

That was the oitch this morning, I was quite surprised how well it held up considering the rain we had last night. Commonsense prevailed I think the ref had to call it with the weather conditions not going to improve. He had a ball and it was rolling about the park on it's own lol. If he had waited he would have had to get the keepers out to see if they could kick the ball out and if they failed it would then get called off. Trust me with that wind direction they would have failed. 20200222_080249.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Summer Fitba anyone?  The 'older' I get (37) the more I think it's the way forward.  That's after 30 years of playing and watching on a Saturday throughout winter.  The fact that the amateur team I'm involved with and then Ayr both have games abandoned on the same day possibly adding to my total scunnertness tonight haha.  It's so much more enjoyable going to games from the Betfred Cup in July until about November then its 4 months of call offs and games played in shite conditions then a few nice days in March and April on absolutely ruined parks   

Ahh rant over.  Kerr saying we will be telling the SFA we simply cannot play on the Tuesday in March (17th I assume) but considering we have a couple of games still to be rearranged I dont think we will have much say  

Inverness away at end of March is going to have to be midweek in April so you may be right.

Inverness and Arbroath away midweek combined with a Friday night home game on the TV and playing Dundee United at home on a Tuesday night is going to be a big blow to the clubs finances.

42 minutes ago, AuAl said:
48 minutes ago, Trogdor said:
What actually happened?
I was in the stand next to the sea at the side of the pitch. Is that the East? I saw some commotion and then the police and stewards getting involved. 
It's a shame if it needs segregated, I quite enjoy mingling and walking round the stadium dependent where the Super are shooting.

Apparently some wee ayr fans took exception to "ayr ayr f**k yir ayr" after the Arbroath goal. Idiotic thing to start fighting over.

At the St Johnstone game in the SRE an Ayr fan was for square going another Ayr fan for ironically signing "Ayr Ayr f**k yer Ayr" so i'm not surprised tbh when our own fans nearly fight each other over that song.

What a shambles. Game was a farce from the start and should never have started. No consideration for travelling fans whatsoever. However Ayr had a huge advantage going into the second half, having fought very hard to be level at half time, and I have little doubt we would have won. The weather was no worse at half time than at the start of the game so why was it stopped then? If it was going to be stopped it should have been as soon as Arbroath equalised direct from the corner!! Also do we get refund as highly unlikely given where I stay that I would make the rescheduled game?

2 minutes ago, Ayrhead1 said:

Also do we get refund as highly unlikely given where I stay that I would make the rescheduled game?

I got a full refund after complaining.

Also if you watch Kerr's interview with Aumedia it is confirmed that Arbroath are refunding Ayr fans.

Tbf to Arbroath by the letter of the law they dont have to give a refund as it was postponed at half time (some SFA rule states this). However, they opted to do it and it will cost them money.

All because of Kirkland, as has been stated the game shouldn't have started. I trust he got his full fee for half the work and wont face an repercussions from the referee's club. I almost choked when Tam Cowan nominated the officials at our game for team of the day for abandoning it. 

A shambles the game started. Even the players didn’t want the game to start. But I suppose the ref has the view of “Iv got to give it’s chance”. You seen the Ayr CB in the opening minutes boot ball up the park which went over his head for a throw in. He looked at the ref who just shook his head.

I see the puddle drinkers have piled In here from our side. Personally I wish they would stay going to Celtic park where they want to be instead of polluting Gayfield with their shite. There actions we will now see us segregated every time we play Ayr. Real fans don’t want that.

52 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Except when you get to the final few weeks of the season in November and have exactly the same situation, only without any time to catch up.

You could well be right.  Just doesnt seem ideal to me the now so I'm open to change.  Seems there would be less postponements / times where folk look out the window and think 'f**k that' and watch the EPL games / Soccer Saturday / Champions League on telly instead.  Always seems to be more postponements or games in awful conditions in n Jan / Feb to me but haven't researched it.  

On a side note I'd also have amateur games starting at noon to allow folk to both play and then go and watch senior game if their team is at home but again that doesnt seem popular so what do I know haha

Also if you watch Kerr's interview with Aumedia it is confirmed that Arbroath are refunding Ayr fans.
Tbf to Arbroath by the letter of the law they dont have to give a refund as it was postponed at half time (some SFA rule states this). However, they opted to do it and it will cost them money.
All because of Kirkland, as has been stated the game shouldn't have started. I trust he got his full fee for half the work and wont face an repercussions from the referee's club. I almost choked when Tam Cowan nominated the officials at our game for team of the day for abandoning it. 

Tbf Cowan and Cosgrove are both complete twats

I was up there midweek think 2years ago  we drew 1 -1 and have never seen conditions like it, I thought the flag pole was going to snap at one point, without doubt the coldest ground in Scotland to watch a game I said then that I wouldn’t be back, It’s a ridiculous place to have a football ground and the Arbroath fans I spoke to said they are well used to those type of conditions.

i don’t know why the clubs didn’t take the forecast early week and move the game to the Sunday which was forecast to be a lot better than what was today. Only losers today were the people who travelled 3 plus hours to get there and without doubt  The winners were Arbroath who got out of jail by the referees decision.

As a Lichtie based in Fife, I didn’t travel up to the home game last week since the weather forecast was so lousy. The game went ahead. This week, the forecast was equally lousy, but I went up - very hard to predict but this is the second game abandoned in 12 months so maybe preventive call offs well in advance are the only solution.

With climate change, storms and unpredictable weather will only get worse

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's a risky strategy.

Some clubs' fans choose to boycott fixtures off the back of it, even though their club was formed after the original fixture took place :whistle

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's a risky strategy.

Some clubs' fans choose to boycott fixtures off the back of it, even though their club was formed after the original fixture took place :whistle

I recognised the parallel but didnt want to open that particular box. 🤣

As I said Arbroath made the correct call. I will certainly be back but has to be a Saturday as midweek is totally unfeasible.

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Not enough green dots for this

Give it time...

You could well be right.  Just doesnt seem ideal to me the now so I'm open to change.  Seems there would be less postponements / times where folk look out the window and think 'f**k that' and watch the EPL games / Soccer Saturday / Champions League on telly instead.  Always seems to be more postponements or games in awful conditions in n Jan / Feb to me but haven't researched it.  
On a side note I'd also have amateur games starting at noon to allow folk to both play and then go and watch senior game if their team is at home but again that doesnt seem popular so what do I know haha

It is up here now. Main amateur league up here has been losing loads of teams to the Saturday morning league.

Ideal.