Arbroath vs Ayr United

25 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Absolute shitter for the Ayr fans that, disrupted travel all the way up just for the game to get abandoned, waste of time and money, now a long trip back.

Reveal hidden contents

ray liotta laughing GIF

At least there’s no shortage of puddles for you to drink in this weather Donny.

One this is certain, the rearranged game will be segregated thanks to those wee Ayr FUDS
Ironically I doubt any of that lot will be up for the rearranged game if it's midweek. Shame that they obviously don't understand that Arbroath is the best away day in the country and decided to ruin it for themselves.

Just now, AuAl said:
7 minutes ago, Mexico said:
One this is certain, the rearranged game will be segregated thanks to those wee Ayr FUDS

Ironically I doubt any of that lot will be up for the rearranged game if it's midweek. Shame that they obviously don't understand that Arbroath is the best away day in the country and decided to ruin it for themselves.

What actually happened?

I was in the stand next to the sea at the side of the pitch. Is that the East? I saw some commotion and then the police and stewards getting involved. 

It's a shame if it needs segregated, I quite enjoy mingling and walking round the stadium dependent where the Super are shooting.

Summer Fitba anyone?  The 'older' I get (37) the more I think it's the way forward.  That's after 30 years of playing and watching on a Saturday throughout winter.  The fact that the amateur team I'm involved with and then Ayr both have games abandoned on the same day possibly adding to my total scunnertness tonight haha.  It's so much more enjoyable going to games from the Betfred Cup in July until about November then its 4 months of call offs and games played in shite conditions then a few nice days in March and April on absolutely ruined parks   

Ahh rant over.  Kerr saying we will be telling the SFA we simply cannot play on the Tuesday in March (17th I assume) but considering we have a couple of games still to be rearranged I dont think we will have much say  

What actually happened?
I was in the stand next to the sea at the side of the pitch. Is that the East? I saw some commotion and then the police and stewards getting involved. 
It's a shame if it needs segregated, I quite enjoy mingling and walking round the stadium dependent where the Super are shooting.
Seemed to be Ayr took offence when Arbroath gave a little bit back after the equaliser,
Few to many beers for some. Shame seeing that especially when there is so many kids there too

Summer Fitba anyone?  The 'older' I get (37) the more I think it's the way forward.  That's after 30 years of playing and watching on a Saturday throughout winter.  The fact that the amateur team I'm involved with and then Ayr both have games abandoned on the same day possibly adding to my total scunnertness tonight haha.  It's so much more enjoyable going to games from the Betfred Cup in July until about November then its 4 months of call offs and games played in shite conditions then a few nice days in March and April on absolutely ruined parks   
Ahh rant over.  Kerr saying we will be telling the SFA we simply cannot play on the Tuesday in March (17th I assume) but considering we have a couple of games still to be rearranged I dont think we will have much say  

Summer football would still have games being played at the end of February.

What actually happened?
Apparently some wee ayr fans took exception to "ayr ayr f**k yir ayr" after the Arbroath goal. Idiotic thing to start fighting over.

29 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Dumbarton v Forfar game was called off at 10.00am this morning because of wind forecast

What?  You mean you looked at the forecast?  And thought about the Forfar fans travelling from the other side of the country?  And arranged for a sensible early inspection?

Witchcraft.

Ridiculous decision by the ref to even start the game.

Is it not possible for a ref who lives within reasonable distance to look at the forecast and conditions on the pitch early enough to cancel the game, if conditions are as bad as they were today? Or is it a case of Scottish football authorities not having any interest in anything outside of the Premier league?

Feel it for the Ayr fans who made the effort to get to the game today, hope they all got their complimentary ticket for the re-match and hope they can all make it back for that. 

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Summer football would still have games being played at the end of February.

Absolutely - Irish league just started last week or so.  But there would be less need to try and 'get games out the way' in nonsense like today as the amount of fixture pile ups would be minimal.  In a 'summer' season assuming today was a league game I reckon it would have been off at 8am and nobody would have complained  

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Absolutely - Irish league just started last week or so.  But there would be less need to try and 'get games out the way' in nonsense like today as the amount of fixture pile ups would be minimal. 

Except when you get to the final few weeks of the season in November and have exactly the same situation, only without any time to catch up.

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

What?  You mean you looked at the forecast?  And thought about the Forfar fans travelling from the other side of the country?  And arranged for a sensible early inspection?

Witchcraft.

Waterlogged pitch. Unlucky.

Any club organising a days football around the needs of the Forfar travelling support needs shut down