Arbroath vs Ayr United

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Correct.  This isn’t complicated - the conditions were unplayable this morning with no improvement in the forecast expected.  Arbroath should have asked for an inspection this morning.  If you look back, there’s been discussion all week about the chances of this game going ahead.  We had some knuckleheads on both sides who dismissed the forecast, but really, this farce was totally predictable.

Why would they do that?

Arbroath first obligation is to get games on. Not ensure Ayr fans aren't inconvenienced.

Any away fan seeing the forecast can decide it's not worth the risk themselves or that it's worth the risk or a day on the cans 

Edited by invergowrie arab

Seems shady that the game was abandoned with Ayr set to get the wind advantage in the second half.

According to Dick Campbell in hospitality, Ayr wanted the game off at 2pm, but the ref said the conditions would be reassessed at half time

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Correct.  This isn’t complicated - the conditions were unplayable this morning with no improvement in the forecast expected.  Arbroath should have asked for an inspection this morning.  If you look back, there’s been discussion all week about the chances of this game going ahead.  We had some knuckleheads on both sides who dismissed the forecast, but really, this farce was totally predictable.

Last week at Gayfield lots of people screaming for our game against QOS to be put off in the  morning due to the wind, come 3 o'clock Gayfield perfectly playable despite the forecast.

Edited by keptie

I take it you are one of the numpties that’s been assuring us all week that the forecast is actually wrong  and there would be no threat to the game?

The forecast is the same as it was last week and it was completely fine. It's fine 5 minutes up the road at my house, you need to wait and see what Gayfield is like on the day, which is what I've said all week.

I will hopefully get to the rearranged fixture.

Some advice required Lichties - where is the best place to get a smokie? And how is it served? With chips etc or do you literally just get a smoked fish? 

Just get it wrapped up in paper mate. You can get them with chips at the chip shop, bellrock be the best if you want that.

There's a few small places around the harbour, Stuart's, E&O, Spinks.

Personally think they're a lot better fresh from the fishmonger. You get the actual fish with skin etc, head off and you open it up and tear away the spine (not sure fish have spines but the big long boney part) then tuck in.

Eat them carefully because you'll always get wee bones kicking about.

27 minutes ago, ASC1878 said:

Hope all the pavement dancers enjoy their train , replacement bus then another train home, clowns

I thought you was a real man, m8? 

You should have flew right in there and windmill'd them to death. 

Disappointed, hope the pub only sells you blue WKD the night. 

Sitting in hospitality with a glass of Syrah Rose (selected from the vineyards of Puichéric), chuckling at the amount of presumably adult Ayr fans losing their head over this. Unlucky champs
Shocking Arbroath should pay all expenses at Ayr Utd and free admission on next game . Ayr should get all three points and Arbroath excelled from Scottish Football

I thought you was a real man, m8? 
You should have flew right in there and windmill'd them to death. 
Disappointed, hope the pub only sells you blue WKD the night. 

I was in the middle of it all pal don’t you worry about that. I’m having a few John smiths as we speak