Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

For all the possession they’ve had, I can’t remember them having s decent chance? I don’t think Fon Williams has had to do anything incredibly demanding. 

Saving that penalty was pretty demanding. 

Outwith the late chance where Rudden hit the bar though our centre backs and defence in general have denied any opportunities from open play. 

Take a point.

Struggling without two of our three best attacking players. Keeps the relegation teams at arms length with one less game to go.

Just have to accept that we don't have the back up to achieve what we want to do.

Never know when Dow and Nizzy come back though....

At any point before we scored I’d have been absolutely delighted with a point, we were better 2nd half but still no where near where we need to be to finish top 4. Keeping partick and queens at arms length is just about all we can hope for now and we’ve done that the last 2 games.  It’s not good but it’ll be just about enough to try again next year.

Massive questions over how the ref can allow play to continue with OFW collapsed in his 6 yard box but when we’ve faced so many crosses through the game a goal was inevitable. 

McCall has serious questions to answer. He rightly got rid of most of Caldwells duds but appears to have replaced them with his own duds. 
Some people may celebrate draws against QoS and Dunfermline but the realists among the support know that they were shite results and we’re plummeting to League 1 without a whimper. Shower of gutless wankers.

Think that's a decent point psychologically more than anything, if we'd come away with nothing from that game after completely dominating the first half it would have been tough, as it is we're going into a must win game on Saturday with a slight lift. 

Our goal was up the other end so couldn't really see what Dunfermline were aggrieved about, assume they thought it was a foul on the keeper when the original corner came in, but I think even the ref had had enough of his fucking around by that point and assumed he was at it. Our mantra of "if the first 142 crosses into the box don't work, try a 143rd time" paying off. 

Did think we got away with one just before that, was fully expecting a foul and a red card for Mayo when the on loan celtic boy went down which would obviously have ended the game rather than the foul the other way. 

Second half performance was worryingly dismal especially when we went behind, the pattern of play being punt to our two big guys up front , lose first header, lose second ball, recover, and repeat. Cole had his or possibly anyone's worst performance of the season, Gordon was his usual ghost when me moved infield and much like Miles Storey, the idea of Zanatta is always better than the reality. 

Still think coronavirus ending the season is more likely than us staying up off our own back.