Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

On 22/02/2020 at 13:25, Stellaboz said:
On 22/02/2020 at 12:36, craigkillie said:
It was Saturday-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday, back in April 2004. The first Saturday was the Scottish Cup semi-final against Inverness, and I think you had rescheduled games against Hibs and Motherwell still to play before the split, with fixture 33 being the second Saturday. I think you could have played Hibs in the previous midweek, but opted to delay it so you were fresh for the cup game.
The Hibs game could potentially have been slotted in for the next midweek had you not drawn with Inverness and had to play a replay.

I think it concluded with a draw at home to Dundee Utd, but could be wrong.

Nah

Saturday - Inverness - SC, 1-1

Tuesday - Hibs - Home,  drew1-1

Thursday - Motherwell - Away, lost1-0

Saturday - Hibs home, drew 1-1

Tuesday - Inverness SC, won 3-2

Saturday - Motherwell home,won 3-0

6 games but we only played three teams. 

I think they probably want it played ASAP in case further postponements happen. Means we've got 3 midweek games in March for now.

Hopefully our most likely hope of survival this season* is at full strength for the rearranged game

*COVID-19 pandemic causing cancellation  and abandonment of the 2019/20 football season with all results wiped out.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Nah

Saturday - Inverness - SC, 1-1

Tuesday - Hibs - Home,  drew1-1

Thursday - Motherwell - Away, lost1-0

Saturday - Hibs home, drew 1-1

Tuesday - Inverness SC, won 3-2

Saturday - Motherwell home,won 3-0

6 games but we only played three teams. 

pars fixtures.png

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

• 2 weeks later...

Well thistle’s plan to wait till they were in a stronger position to get something from the game before getting the pitch playable has worked.

I don’t know if they have had players back but ours are dropping like flies with Dow and Nisbet being a massive blow for us. 

We still need to be getting 3 points from this to keep our season alive for a while longer but it’s going to be a lot more difficult now. 

Hope Martin and Murray swap over and we should be starting with McGill and Afolabi up front.  Other than than the only tactic should really be give Thomas the ball on any occasion we can, cos he’s the one who can win the game.

On the plus side since the original date Dunfermline's best goal threat is injured, on the minus side a total abandonment of the season due to coronavirus pandemic is unlikely.

Although some kind of mad airborne disease is clearly affecting these isles as Tommy Robson has looked like a competent footballer in the past 7 days.

Dow and Nesbit are our two best players and I wouldn’t back us in any match that both are missing for. I’d probably take a point tomorrow, although we really do need to be beating rubbish sides like Queens and Thistle if we’re to be top four.

I’m planning on heading along to Firhill so any suggestions for a post-match pint that will be relatively cheap?

Dow and Nesbit are our two best players and I wouldn’t back us in any match that both are missing for. I’d probably take a point tomorrow, although we really do need to be beating rubbish sides like Queens and Thistle if we’re to be top four.
I’m planning on heading along to Firhill so any suggestions for a post-match pint that will be relatively cheap?
No point please beat them please

Fucking hell ive kept putting off changing to the new ticketing system for a fair while since tbh i couldnt really be fucked at any point to sort it out (got the app but it looks like ive not had any email so i dont know the membership no. or anything to log into it, havent bothered my arse due to sheer antipathy over all things thistle.)

Is it easy enough to call the club up to get my membership noand login info ie just give them my name and email so i can get the login email? If its a faff then it can f**k it right off, can live without going to the rest of the games this season unless we scrape into the Arse End of the Table playoffs. Cant really call about it today but might give it a bash tomorrow lunchtime.

Im certain ive had emails off the club before so not sure why ive not had anything, have checked my spambox too...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I fancy Thistle for the win tonight.

We're missing Nesbit and Dow, it's our fourth game in 11 days and we've won 3 out of 12 away games in the Championship. I feel Thistle's need is also greater than ours at the minute and I'll be sticking a fiver on a 2-0 home win.

Hope I'm dead wrong and Dom Thomas makes the students weep

I fancy Thistle for the win tonight.
We're missing Nesbit and Dow, it's our fourth game in 11 days and we've won 3 out of 12 away games in the Championship. I feel Thistle's need is also greater than ours at the minute and I'll be sticking a fiver on a 2-0 home win.
Hope I'm dead wrong and Dom Thomas makes the students weep
Two poor teams 0.0

This game has gone from being confident of a win to just turning up and seeing what happens. 

0-0 written all over it. 

Will probably end up as one of those "if only" seasons as we hover around mid table. 

We look so much weaker going forward without Dow and Nisbet.  

The game being re-arranged really has been to Partick's benefit.

Probably take a draw and move another game closer to Nisbet coming back.

Edited by Chubbychops