Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Wonder if Mayo is fit given he wasn't named by the ET reporter, though given my long held and currently reinforced opinions on loan signings from the OF I'm not sure he's going to be any use at all.

Somebody asked and he is apparently available. Having a bit more height in the team won't be a bad thing. We're now a team of short-arses apart from the two central defenders and BFG up front. Fox has been the scapegoat recently and he's not without blame by any means but there's no height in midfield or at full back which hasn't helped the sieve and the general ineptitude at defending set-pieces imo.

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Brian Graham loves a goal against us.

That's good, as shelling the ball up to him from our back line will be our over riding strategy come match day 🤷‍♂️

Playing Rudden to career around like a hyperactive toddler vs Ayr for 15 minutes after saying we don't want to risk him is going to rule him out for the season, isn't it?
Wonder if Mayo is fit given he wasn't named by the ET reporter, though given my long held and currently reinforced opinions on loan signings from the OF I'm not sure he's going to be any use at all.

Prime McCall, that is.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Snow last night and heavy rain this morning but it seems a bit cleaner now. I hope Partick have some covers down or something; what is their pitch like now the rugby boys haven't been using it for a good few years?

Having Rangers Colts playing on it hasn't helped.

Pitch was absolutely horrific for a long time, but they did some serious work on it and it looked remarkably good for a while.  Not sure it'll stand up to this though.  Only hope for it being on is surely the wind being so strong that it starts some kind of tidal system that sends the water onto the bing.

Makes sense to have it early. If it's as windy and horrid as it is just now, then get it called off.

I can remember a game at Partick getting called off about 45 minutes before kick-off when fans had already started to arrive, might have been season 07-08.

Would be brutal for us to go another week without a game though. 

I still think it is much more likely to be off than it be on but strangely I'm marginally more optimistic about it going ahead than I was this morning. 

The Firhill pitch, in terms of drainage, is as good as it ever has been in my Thistle supporting time. Gone are the days when a mere drop of rain meant Game Off. 

Any Thistle fan will tell you the part of the pitch that has caused us problems but that stood up well to the deluge before the Dundee United game. 

The forecast from about midnight onwards is for showers, albeit some heavy, rather than the persistent rain we've got now. 

If the pitch is coping okay at the moment and if there is enough of a break from the persistent rain then there is still an outside chance we might get a game tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That was a cup game which was conveniently called off because Liam Buchanan wasn't fit, by the time of the rearranged game he was fit and scored the winner. 

Ah yes, when you blamed the rugby guys for ‘forgetting’ to turn on the USH.  Still seething about that tbh, even if it was over a decade ago.

mccall was involved with that and he’s probably out with a hose at the moment tbh. 

57 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

That was a cup game which was conveniently called off because Liam Buchanan wasn't fit, by the time of the rearranged game he was fit and scored the winner. 

He then signed mid-way through the season a couple years later for the massive to secure the First Division title. 

Edited by DAFC.