Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

If he hadn't given the goal then, we might still be playing now.

So, what would you prefer? Getting home to see your families or freezing to death in Maryhill? Exactly. Let it go. 

Edited by Stoo61

13 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

If he hadn't given the goal then, we might still be playing now.

So, what would you prefer? Getting home to see your families or freezing to death in Maryhill? Exactly. Let it go. 

It was interesting to hear McCall’s comments. ‘They were time wasting in the first half, should have added more time on cos of that’. Erm Ian that’s not how the rules work.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

He's suspect as f**k, but differently from Scully... And somehow I can't explain why.

He got us a point last night. There was no way we’d have survived the first half without him slowing the game down at the right moments. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Well, he didn't play any stoppage time in first half which was ludicrous considering the penalty incident and OFW taking time on goal kicks.

Is this a wooosh.... Since when was time added for waiting on goal kicks?!

If the ref thinks the keeper is taking too long then of course time should be added on.

I didn’t notice the deflection off Bannigan’s arm for Murray’s goal. Obviously doesn’t matter now, but shouldn’t he have been booked for a deliberate handball, even though the ball went in? Probably wrong but I thought that was the law when a player deliberately handles it even when a goal is scored.

EDIT: aye, should have been booked.

“handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal”

So the highlights confirm that Afolabi was denied a one on one for nothing and Thistle go up the park to score off the back of a blatant foul on the goalkeeper. OFW should have stayed down after that and he’d have got the free-kick.

Tbh I don’t blame OFW for not staying down. Imagine the pelters he’d have got if he did and the goal stood anyway? The referee bottled, nobody else’s fault.