Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

There was someone squaring up to another chap outside the ground at full-time. No idea what over or what was going on but had a wee laugh at it.
“Say that to ma face, mate”
“I just did about 2 times there, ya bellend”

Had a wee chuckle.

Two guys brushed shoulders as they walked past each other. Thistle fan started with the “what the f**k are you doing?” patter and the Pars fan reciprocated. Seemed like an incredible battle of wits to see who’d shite it and walk away first.

Considering Dow and Nisbet are out, along with Ashcroft maybe it's not so bad? We know we're pathetic up front without Nisbet and we're not losing these games. When people say they'd be happy with mid table, it's results like this that will ultimately put us there.

Still, anything lost last minute is a fucking minter, and I had a feeling we'd utterly stink the place out especially first half, pleased I didn't stay up to watch.

Think that's a decent point psychologically more than anything, if we'd come away with nothing from that game after completely dominating the first half it would have been tough, as it is we're going into a must win game on Saturday with a slight lift. 
Our goal was up the other end so couldn't really see what Dunfermline were aggrieved about, assume they thought it was a foul on the keeper when the original corner came in, but I think even the ref had had enough of his fucking around by that point and assumed he was at it. Our mantra of "if the first 142 crosses into the box don't work, try a 143rd time" paying off. 
Did think we got away with one just before that, was fully expecting a foul and a red card for Mayo when the on loan celtic boy went down which would obviously have ended the game rather than the foul the other way. 
Second half performance was worryingly dismal especially when we went behind, the pattern of play being punt to our two big guys up front , lose first header, lose second ball, recover, and repeat. Cole had his or possibly anyone's worst performance of the season, Gordon was his usual ghost when me moved infield and much like Miles Storey, the idea of Zanatta is always better than the reality. 
Still think coronavirus ending the season is more likely than us staying up off our own back. 

Probably find that the league will look at what positions teams are in at the time before they decide whether to void the season or take the positions as they are

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Considering Dow and Nisbet are out, along with Ashcroft maybe it's not so bad? We know we're pathetic up front without Nisbet and we're not losing these games. 

Nut. 

If we went out and tried to play the game but just didn't have enough then fine but we have just gone full punt ball. Its more like a capitulation than a team missing that cutting edge. 

10 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

And as much as I want to love this injection of a fairly sizeable young team that drum is fucking awful and for me is killing the atmosphere, only a couple of actual songs got sung and we were all over them shooting towards the JLS first half.

It’s brutal.  It might not be so bad if he could at least keep in time with chants but he bangs away like a demented chimp and kills the song stone dead every time. 

will take that last minute goal purely to see the rage on fon williams face after the consistent time wasting all game. should have won but enjoyed that purely for that reason. [emoji23]
Enjoy reminiscing about that moment next season in league 1 m8.

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, Daftjag said:
will take that last minute goal purely to see the rage on fon williams face after the consistent time wasting all game. should have won but enjoyed that purely for that reason. emoji23.png

Enjoy reminiscing about that moment next season in league 1 m8.

I take it you were one of the very upset pars fans trying to fight with children after the game last night my wee cherub?

Decent-ish performance from us for the first 45mins but as has been said by everyone else .... The Pars were utterly stinking.
Was massively concerned at half time that we hadn't taken advantage and was not remotely surprised when the Dunfermline goal arrived!
The late, late equaliser was deserved, a relief and pretty enjoyable for the manner in which it came about. BUT a couple of observations ....
If Cole is off the boil, we have zero creativity on the bench to replace him;
Brian Graham (goal apart) was dreadful for 90mins;
Credit where credit is due - Tommy Robson has been our best player 3 games in a row.

There's still a glimmer of hope ....

1 hour ago, ARu-Shawlands said:

I think Dunfermline have had an exceptional season given the players they have. Just about the worst team of players I have seen this season. Playing for a draw / timewasting tactics, that used to be something you would see in the last 15 minutes of a typical football match!!

Oooft, approaching Falkirk levels of toys out of the pram about their demise now: you hate to see it happen.

2 hours ago, ARu-Shawlands said:

I think Dunfermline have had an exceptional season given the players they have. Just about the worst team of players I have seen this season. Playing for a draw / timewasting tactics, that used to be something you would see in the last 15 minutes of a typical football match!!

I personally think you have done well for only being 5 points off 8th, given how atrocious your gang are.

Thought Thistle's number 15 looked handy last night. 

Edited by DAFC.

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Daftjag said:
I take it you were one of the very upset pars fans trying to fight with children after the game last night my wee cherub?

Rob1885 doesnt try and fight anyone.

Daftjag respects Rob1885's pacifist ways.

Edited by Daftjag

2 hours ago, Daftjag said:

Very appropriate username IMHO.

2 hours ago, ARu-Shawlands said:

Imagine being *this* upset about sneaking a point against the mighty Dunfermline Athletic.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Very appropriate username IMHO.

Imagine being *this* upset about sneaking a point against the mighty Dunfermline Athletic.

imagine calling your own team mighty after they pick up a point each at the bottom 2 clubs in 4 days.

Not really, weve got a young squad so are inconsistent.
Take away nisbet and dow and were struggling. This league is all over the place and wouldn't be surprised if we hammer Dundee. Unlikely but i wouldn't bet on anything in this league.