Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

On the balance of play, certainly can’t argue we deserved a win. Still a bit of a blow to concede in the 4th minute of stoppage time.

First half was the worst I’ve seen is all season. Fair play to Crawford though, changed to a 3-5-2 and we certainly improved in the second half. Thought the ‘foul’ against Afolabi that led to that attack at the end looked really soft, but we’d been riding our luck and sitting so deep, that goal always looked likely.

Absolute abomination that Thistle didn’t win that and exactly why we’re bottom of the league.

Game should’ve been put to bed in the first half against a Dunfermline side who were as bad as I’ve seen this season (in the first half). Gordon’s delivery is atrocious and is never a RWB. Rudden was great first half and I feel that once he gets one, he’ll score fairly regularly. Second half he didn’t do much except moan until he was subbed, so I’m wondering how match fit he is. Cole was awful all game, and I’m shocked he stayed on the park, which ended up working out well as I’m sure it was him who put the ball in for the goal (his first decent delivery of the game).

Second half was atrocious from us. Yet again, a defensive lapse leads to a corner we can’t defend and out of nowhere we go one down. Credit to Dunfermline as the changes made at HT were effective in making it look less likely they’d concede, but there was still very little threat going forward.

If we don’t beat Alloa on Saturday then it’s 9th at best for us.

Thought there were a few big calls at the end, I don't know if it was a penalty with Afolabi and Mayo but it absolutely wasn't a foul on Brownlie? When he got out muscled by Afolabi and it left him with a 2-1 with the goalkeeper. 

I don't think it was a foul on Fon Williams. 

We didn't deserve the win regardless, but would've been nice to get the decision. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thought there were a few big calls at the end, I don't know if it was a penalty with Afolabi and Mayo but it absolutely wasn't a foul on Brownlie? When he got out muscled by Afolabi and it left him with a 2-1 with the goalkeeper. 

I don't think it was a foul on Fon Williams. 

We didn't deserve the win regardless, but would've been nice to get the decision. 

It was never a penalty, which actually led to my highlight of the game, possibly including the goal... 

Pars fans were booing the penalty not being given, some Thistle fans were booing Afolabi for going down easily, and another chunk of thistle fans were booing Bannigan and Cole for fucking about at the halfway line. 

A glorious symphony of boos. 

Agree on the second one, as I said in my last post (tho I thought it was mayo) , if anything it was a foul to Dunfermline and would have been a red card as well. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Didn’t deserve the win but still hard to be seconds away from the three points. Fon Williams needs to stay down at the end because the ref would have stopped play.

Was never a foul from Afolabi when he was clean through. Won a keenly contested 50-50 and could have finished the game. Ref, as usual, an absolute shitebag.

First half was rotten but at least Crawford realised and made changes. We weren’t great second period but it was a lot better and we could have nicked a totally undeserved victory.

Was that corner a routine or a scuff? It’s Thomas so I’m saying deliberate.

Really bad for Thistle if they can’t beat us playing that poorly.

Rudden is like one of the raggy dolls (nice contemporary reference there) , he runs weirdly, he's bald at 19 and he careers about all over the place like a toddler, without ever looking like he has the ball under control, but he tries like f**k which is always endearing. 

Should tear up league one next year. 

Absolute shite-the-bed job from the ref there to give a free kick to Thistle when Afolabi was fouled but stayed on his feet.

We were horrendous in that first half and Thistle really should have scored at some point. Gordon was in a great position to put in a decent ball about 20 times but rarely did so. We offered f**k all, with long, aimless punts to Afolabi and McGill who offered little. Dom Thomas was our only little bit of quality in the first half.

Got to give credit to Crawford for making changes in the second half, and we were much more structured and playing to the players’ strengths. I still don’t understand the reasoning for playing Murray at left back and Martin at centre half, though.

McCall has serious questions to answer. He rightly got rid of most of Caldwells duds but appears to have replaced them with his own duds. 
Some people may celebrate draws against QoS and Dunfermline but the realists among the support know that they were shite results and we’re plummeting to League 1 without a whimper. Shower of gutless wankers.
The new falkirk.

Few things.

Credit to Crawford for changing it, it was needed. We resembled somewhat of a football team in the second half. Partick were rubbish  and I wasn't really worried about them scoring.

The penalty decision: Afolabi is at the by line and their player makes no attempt to win the ball, doesn't and takes Afolabi out. Surely it's a penalty? Wasn't a rough challenge by any means, but in the letter of the law it's a foul? Couple minutes after, Afolabi totally out-muscles and bullies the defender, and the referee gives a free-kick to Partick,when he's clean through on goal (a 1 on 1 chance). Partick then go up the pitch and score in the 4th minute of added on time. I have no idea where the 4 minutes came from.

We didn't even deserve a point based on the 1st half performance alone, but those decisions at the end left a sour taste. 

That's 2 points against the bottom two guff in crucial games. The very definition of mid-table obscurity. 

Dom Thomas and Aaron Comrie probably our best players. 

For all the possession and half chances I can’t really think of anyone who I’d say had a good game in a red & yellow shirt. We were still marginally the better team overall, but only because Dunfermline didn’t look particularly bothered if they won the game or not: an odd amount of timewasting for a team very much in the promotion playoff hunt.

It was also never, ever a foul by Afolabi on Brownlie right before we went up and scored. Considering that would have put him through one on one with Fox, Dunfermline fans can probably feel aggrieved it didn’t finish 2-0 (even if their play didn’t really merit that scoreline).

Shout out to all the wee dafties in our support charging over to goad the Pars fans at the end after yet another result that really isn’t good enough.

Atrocious first half and a common or garden piss poor second half. So, as most have said an improvement. 

0-1 would have been embarrassing in a good way.
1-1 is an absolute steal of a point.

Thistle deserved the win but thats football. 

Thistle fans celebrated like they won and fair play to them but you have got to be winning those matches to stay up, you wont get a worse performance from a team coming to Firhill than that.  

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I don't get that at all. Murray cant cross the road

Was Murray actually left back first half? I have no idea because he kept switching from there to centre back and looked utterly lost.

The tactic of just mashing the ball upfield at every given opportunity was also maddening. Again though, I’m at least mildly encouraged that Crawford recognised what a shit show it was and did something about it.

There was someone squaring up to another chap outside the ground at full-time. No idea what over or what was going on but had a wee laugh at it.
“Say that to ma face, mate”
“I just did about 2 times there, ya bellend”

Had a wee chuckle.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

OFW wasting time at goal kicks must have counted for 4 minutes by itself.

Yup, pretty much. We were absolutely clutching at anything we could to see the game out....even in the first half.