Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

Munn's for proximity. Better bars on Great Western Rd though, Coopers, Inn Deep, Munro's.

Big travelling support expected? 

What’s the best bet? Off at Kelvinbridge or are the better pubs closer to Hillhead?

Hopefully around 500 going, the weather will sway a few I’d reckon but as said above we’ve had a couple of decent wins and a few weeks off.

I take it we’ll be in the Main Stand, and not the JHS?

54 minutes ago, smpar said:

What’s the best bet? Off at Kelvinbridge or are the better pubs closer to Hillhead?

Hopefully around 500 going, the weather will sway a few I’d reckon but as said above we’ve had a couple of decent wins and a few weeks off.

Wouldn’t get off at Hillhead - decent pubs obviously with it being Byres Road, but you’re still miles away from the ground there. Also a good selection of pubs next to Kelvinbridge, and it’s about a 15-20 min walk up to the ground from there. St George’s X subway has the Woodside Inn and is a bit closer (avoid the Star & Garter and Royalty if you get off there though). Munn’s is the typical away pub and is right next to the ground but never been in so no idea what it’s like.

Youll be in the JH Stand unless you’re bringing 1k+. 

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Are some of the pubs on GWR eg Munros not a bit sniffy about football fans / colours? 

They do finger counts so some Fifers may not be admitted...

1 hour ago, smpar said:

46 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Wouldn’t get off at Hillhead - decent pubs obviously with it being Byres Road, but you’re still miles away from the ground there. Also a good selection of pubs next to Kelvinbridge, and it’s about a 15-20 min walk up to the ground from there. St George’s X subway has the Woodside Inn and is a bit closer (avoid the Star & Garter and Royalty if you get off there though). Munn’s is the typical away pub and is right next to the ground but never been in so no idea what it’s like.

Youll be in the JH Stand unless you’re bringing 1k+. 

Depending when you're heading out just get an all day subway ticket and you can use that to get nearer the ground via Kelvinbridge or St George's Cross stations.

Coopers is pretty good, not too far from the stadium, and it's pretty spacious in there. Nice big screens for whatever other sport happens to be on too.

Would agree with this. Good selection beers too. Although I was in on Friday before the game and it stank of pish.

not got any animosity towards foxy but would bring in sneddon for this one. foxy needs dropped. hopefully brownlie will make a difference and inspire confidence in penners and o'ware...think right backs a lost cause for us at this point.

would go with rudden and graham up top if fit...if we cant keep clean sheets, we'll have to do the liverpool 2014 thing and outscore everyone to stay up........sigh. 🙃

54 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Coopers is pretty good, not too far from the stadium, and it's pretty spacious in there. Nice big screens for whatever other sport happens to be on too.

Normally would agree. Think it’s quite popular with the rugby folk though and Scotland play on Saturday so could be very busy.

The next Dunfermline v Thistle game on 25th April has been moved to 7:20pm so it can be shown on BBC. I’m sure after the game on Saturday they’ll quickly change their minds.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It literally can't be worse than the Pars vs Thistle game that was on the Beeb last season. Plus, it's the second last week of the regular season so should have importance for at least one of us.

Probably mean nothing. You will be out of the play offs but safe from relegation and we will already be down.

Playing Rudden to career around like a hyperactive toddler vs Ayr for 15 minutes after saying we don't want to risk him is going to rule him out for the season, isn't it?

Wonder if Mayo is fit given he wasn't named by the ET reporter, though given my long held and currently reinforced opinions on loan signings from the OF I'm not sure he's going to be any use at all.