Thistle Vs Pars - Saturday 22 Feb

Thanks jagfox99, although we have really shit form away from home. The 3rd worst in the league I believe.

QoS are an absolute gang as well and it was a bit of a struggle to get past them, but I think we should probably win.

3 weeks off won’t have helped but this is absolutely a game we need to be taking 3 points from.  Nisbet is right up for it vs Partick and they have badly struggled to deal with Dow in the 2 previous games.  I’m pretty confident our front 3 should do enough to get a goal or 2. As always defense is a bigger question.  Does Martin come back in given he should be over his knock from the morton game by now? Also got the question on how well OFW will settle in. He’s had abit of time to work with the defence but the relationships can only be properly established playing games. 

I was expecting partick to kick on by now but it’s not happened yet and they absolutely gifted us the points twice already this season.

OFW

comrie Ashcroft Murray martin

Dow paton turner thomas

nisbet afolabi 

mcgill and beadling might come into that. 

Just now, parsforlife said:

3 weeks off won’t have helped but this is absolutely a game we need to be taking 3 points from.  Nisbet is right up for it vs Partick and they have badly struggled to deal with Dow in the 2 previous games.  I’m pretty confident our front 3 should do enough to get a goal or 2. As always defense is a bigger question.  Does Martin come back in given he should be over his knock from the morton game by now? Also got the question on how well OFW will settle in. He’s had abit of time to work with the defence but the relationships can only be properly established playing games. 

I was expecting partick to kick on by now but it’s not happened yet and they absolutely gifted us the points twice already this season.

OFW

comrie Ashcroft Murray martin

Dow paton turner thomas

nisbet afolabi 

mcgill and beadling might come into that. 

I'd have Beadling for Turner and probably McGill over Afolabi (just).

The defence is an interesting one. They did well against Dundee and actually defended quite well for the most part against QOTS despite conceding 2 goals. If push comes to shove I'd go with the back for you've mentioned. Wouldn't surprise me to see it stay the same as it has been last 2 games.

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The defence is an interesting one. They did well against Dundee and actually defended quite well for the most part against QOTS despite conceding 2 goals. If push comes to shove I'd go with the back for you've mentioned. Wouldn't surprise me to see it stay the same as it has been last 2 games.

Aye it wouldn’t surprise me to see the back 4 be unchanged but Crawford has shown he is happy to chance things about even if we win(unlike AJ who you could guarantee would play the same 11)   It’s also very difficult for me to miss our Martin and instead type in Devine. 

beadling is an interesting one he’s a more talented player than turner IMO but he certainly struggled early on in the season playing with paton in a 2. 

mcgill vs afolbi  is a difficult one, it is also possible we revert back to 5 in midfield and both miss out. 

Edited by parsforlife

if anyone fails to beat us then its entirely down to them not being good enough. we havent kept a clean sheet all year and our team is just an overall disgrace. dunfermline should have enough but i'll be in berlin for a stag so i'll drink a budvar for every goal nisbet scores against us to numb the internal loathing at the state of the club.

Edited by Daftjag

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Partick to finally get some levity with a win and the Pars to get right back to praying for Crawford's head on a pike.

We've fair stopped doin' that eh? Fitbaw in a nutshell. 

Thistle (A)

ICT (H)

Dundee Utd (H)

Arbroath (A)

Queens (H)

Five games over the next fortnight and they will go a long way to deciding if we’re pushing for Top 4, languishing in no mans land or looking over our shoulder towards that bottom two.

A defeat on Saturday would be a terrible result. Thistle are shite and if we can’t beat them then it shows just how poor we are as well.

This is as good as a home game for me now so I’m looking forward to a few pints in the west end followed by the serious disappointment that inevitably follows.

I am actually really looking forward to this after so long without a game. Players should be well drilled, raring to go and any niggles gone.

Anything but a win would be a bad result. It is, however, it is entirely plausible that we go and lose. 

The Championship is a free for all. 

It's the hope that kills you. Or it might be the enormous amounts of pre and post game alcohol. Or just the general way this team eats away at your soul.

Dunfermline have scored 13 goals in their last 4 games against us. We've conceded over double figures of goals from set pieces (not counting pens) this season, and haven't kept a clean sheet in the league. At some point these things will end but I feel this Bojack Horseman quote is appropriate

image.png.0e4a5573827456f54a46fdccc9176e5b.png

image.png.3715fafd1802fadbfff5210171bcec57.png

Another game?  f**k sake...

We're utterly toilet, and I have no faith in anything turning around enough for us to survive.  That's now 3 successive managers who seem to think the best idea is for us to play such pedestrian football that any goal we concede is basically a death sentence.  

Kevin Nisbet to score 12 and Brian Graham to have to be talked down from throwing himself off the Main Stand at half-time.

mcgill vs afolbi  is a difficult one, it is also possible we revert back to 5 in midfield and both miss out. 

Mad that McGill is even coming into the conversation given how poor he looked earlier in the season but he was OK in the Morton game and scored against Queens (albeit he did little other than that IMO) so it's probably fair enough. I liked Afolabi down in Dumfries through and he suits the high energy style we were meant to be using under Crawford. He will be a handful for any defence at this level I reckon, so should be ahead of McGill who is still quite one dimensional. The defence has been OK although I'd prefer Murray to be playing at centre half and Martin at left back. It's a toss up whether to drop Ashcroft or Devine though and that's not something you'd ever imagine many people saying.