Queens v Dundee

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly wouldn't change it. McGhee possibly in for one of the CH's, but happy to go as is.

Any chance of this being off tomorrow?

Any suggestions for how we replace Callachan, or is Gowser for him and Nelson for Gowser the only real option?

Think the rain's supposed to clear up for the game tomorrow.

No chance game will be off. Loads of rain past few days, it's blowing a hooley the now but forecast is dry for the game with a wee bit wind, no chance of a muddy Park tho 😂

For some strange reason am really looking forward to the game tomorow. Hopefully AJ will put a team out that will please the fans & give us our long awaited first win of 2020.. 

Received the joyous phonecall from my dad last night telling me he wasn’t going to bother with this, only to be dealt the massive blow of a text from my mate this morning asking if I wanted to go. At least this way I can suppress the suffering with beer.

My expectations are very very low today. Forget goals, or points. All I ask is that Johnston plays a coherent formation with our strongest players in their strongest positions.

If he doesn’t then it is a clear indicator to the fans that he is not seeing the same things they are, and he is not the man to get us out of the mess he’s created.

6 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Received the joyous phonecall from my dad last night telling me he wasn’t going to bother with this, only to be dealt the massive blow of a text from my mate this morning asking if I wanted to go. At least this way I can suppress the suffering with beer.

My expectations are very very low today. Forget goals, or points. All I ask is that Johnston plays a coherent formation with our strongest players in their strongest positions.

If he doesn’t then it is a clear indicator to the fans that he is not seeing the same things they are, and he is not the man to get us out of the mess he’s created.

My worry is that even if Johnston does do that, we still have the goalie to contend with. He gives me the fear. For stats fans, in his 4 games so far, just under 50% of shots on target have produced a goal. He isn’t the only problem in defence, of course. And it is only 4 games. So, we’ll see.

My worry is that even if Johnston does do that, we still have the goalie to contend with. He gives me the fear. For stats fans, in his 4 games so far, just under 50% of shots on target have produced a goal. He isn’t the only problem in defence, of course. And it is only 4 games. So, we’ll see.
Add to the stats, of our 31 goals conceded this season 16 have been from a cross. So as I said earlier, if Dundee can cross they'll at the very least score today.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Add to the stats, of our 31 goals conceded this season 16 have been from a cross. So as I said earlier, if Dundee can cross they'll at the very least score today.

How many of the 10 conceded in the last 4 games were from a cross?

Meant to say that McCrorie conceded goals at a rate of 25% of shots on target. So, the rate has doubled. However, McCrorie’s stats are based on 19 games.

The goalie situation is a total pisser, and in fairness out with Johnston’s control. The only thing he maybe could have done better was not sign someone directly from the club that had pinched McCrorie. That put the new guy on the back foot with us immediately, and unfortunately he hasn’t done a lot to change our opinion. Maybe he was the best on offer at such short notice, who knows?

Having a commanding CB would ease a lot of the goalkeeping woes I suspect. But we gifted one to Partick, and have the other rotting on the bench.

I was in favour of moving Brownlie on, based on the assumption Semple would step right in and we’d barely notice he was gone. However it is now looking like a huge mistake. Brownlie improved us upon his return last season dealing with things in the air that our shitebag ‘keeper was afraid to. I suspect he would do the same for this one.

If ever there was a clear indicator of how fucked we are as a club, that’s it right there. Mourning the loss of Darren fucking Brownlie!

How many of the 10 conceded in the last 4 games were from a cross?
Meant to say that McCrorie conceded goals at a rate of 25% of shots on target. So, the rate has doubled. However, McCrorie’s stats are based on 19 games.
9. The other was McHugh's penalty. They have only recently crept up as we were pretty solid defensively at the start of the season.
Just over 50% goals conceded from crosses but are we any more vulnerable than other teams statistically. It is definitely something that we need to sort out of course. 
It'd be interesting to know but I'm pretty confident we'd be way up the league when it comes to conceding crosses. We just look vulnerable any time one comes in. I can't recall other sides looking as shaky.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

9. The other was McHugh's penalty. They have only recently crept up as we were pretty solid defensively at the start of the season. It'd be interesting to know but I'm pretty confident we'd be way up the league when it comes to conceding crosses. We just look vulnerable any time one comes in. I can't recall other sides looking as shaky.

So the goals conceded from crosses has gone from 33% before the window (7 out of 21) to 90% (9 out of 10) in the last 4 games.  And the average number of goals conceded per game has more than doubled at the same time, so it is a higher percentage of a bigger number.