Queens v Dundee

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep with 5 defenders in the team you would hope the basics could be done.

In fairness it's a thankless task to be made to try and mark the premier winger in the league. He just gets free so naturally it's criminal. #CB7

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

It is hard to believe that you’re actually watching full-time professional football players in the blue shirts. I know they’re not playing at a very high level but that looks like some random guys having a kick about in a park. I think we’ve had it.

8 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Im not sure leaving players unmarked in the 6 yard box and hoping they dont score is going to improve our fortunes. I'd much rather someone picked them up

I think on the basis of the number of crosses, corners and particular the countless long throws into the box there was a marked improvement on the defending front today.
As you quite rightly say, the only time in the match the defense lost a man they were punished.

It is hard to believe that you’re actually watching full-time professional football players in the blue shirts. I know they’re not playing at a very high level but that looks like some random guys having a kick about in a park. I think we’ve had it.

Not a criticism of you at all but that is a truly depressing post. We are up shit creek without a paddle. Big improvement needed or the boat will be gone too.

First half we were battered constantly and couldn't get out of our half due to the strong wind. I couldn't wait for second half when we had it behind us and lay siege on Dundee goal.

It didn't happen - did the wind die, were we just awful first half or did Dundee play better into wind than us

First half we were battered constantly and couldn't get out of our half due to the strong wind. I couldn't wait for second half when we had it behind us and lay siege on Dundee goal.
It didn't happen - did the wind die, were we just awful first half or did Dundee play better into wind than us

We’re shite. I think that covers it.

1 hour ago, baw heid said:

Certainly agree that Semple had a fine game after being out for so long. Well done big man.

The set up was 3 CBs and 2 Full Backs' not Wing Backs and with our Mid Field and Forwards poor we were encouraging Dundee to attack us. The defence performed well and I don't remember our keeper making a decent save. What was obvious was that the danger was coming from throw ins. I would have expected our keeper to take a couple of these throws as there was no way a throw was going to be switched to the back post The only time we looked like scoring was when we introduced Hamilton and pulled Devine.  Semple and Kilday handled the back no bother on their own and at last we pushed forward but way to late.  I thought Dundee were there to be beaten but it looked like our set up was to get a nil nil draw  With Semple proving his fitness surely we can get back to him and Kilday forming the base to enable us to get on the front foot and start to accumulate some points before it is to laten 

Got to start Semple & Kilday as the 2 CB's of a back 4 with Mercer & Holt against Morton and take the game to them & play to win rather than trying not lose... 

If ever there was a clear sign your side are completely fucked it's hoping the wind will help you [emoji38]

4 hours ago, Sankasouthy said:

emoji90.pngday for football and a emoji90.pnggame. Dundee probably shaded it but I expected more from them considering the £££££’s they have laid out.

Massive 6 pointer next week against Morton! If ever we needed a performance and a result!!

Dundee shaded the scoreline and that was about all we shaded. In terms of possession, balance of play, chances, efforts at goal that was a very comfortable afternoon for us. 

I said it last week and I'll ask it again,  why are we weakening our defence playing a Motherwell Youth player? Someone should be kind to Devine and tell him professional football might not be the career for him. Inexperience might have something to do with his performances but wer'e not in a position to be training up players for other teams' benefit. Also I think the midfield would have coped better if Osman hadn't got injured,  he at least has the physicality to get stuck in but the main problem,  to me,  is that the midfield don't look sure of what their actual roles are,  their all over the shop at times. Overall,  and not for the first time,   we were second best to a team who looked a yard or two faster,  passed better and didn't go to pieces when in possession. We all know it's a poor playing surface,  it just seems to be us who look uncomfortable playing on it. We deserve all that's happening just now. 

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I said it last week and I'll ask it again,  why are we weakening our defence playing a Motherwell Youth player?

We must start next week v Morton with the back 4 that finished the game yesterday. 

Devine shouldnt be near the first 11 unless Kilday or Semple are either injured or suspended. 

Afraid the jump for Devine from spfl reserve football to Championship is proving to much. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Watching the highlights, how has Petravicius not seen Dobbie free in that early chance? Meekings is never catching up and that would've been 1-0. Thank god for Petravicius being a selfish git.

A ball to Dobbie was the best option probably,  but even so he should have done much better than he did. He could have taken it a bit further before shooting but it was a weak shot easily dealt with. 

First half was awful yesterday, wind played a part but both teams were pretty poor and didn’t think there was too much in it. Second half we definitely looked sharper and took more control of the game but still wasn’t convinced we’d score despite the possession we had. A bit baffling substitutions for me and would have had Crankshaw on earlier. Elliot did nothing really but finished the game and Mcdaid looked kind of lost and was often last man in defence! Didn’t quite get his tactics but the 3 centre backs looked as solid as I’ve seen them, especially Forster. 3 points is 3 points  though.

On Queens, didn’t think they looked that bad, I sat in the main stand to avoid the wind and rain and they definitely had it in for Devine but the rest of the defence looked solid enough and quite liked the boy Wilson in the middle of the park, put himself about a bit