Queens v Dundee

46 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Semple didn't make the difference people were looking for then?

No one expects one player coming into the team after being out for a while to make a difference,   but he certainly wasn't the weakest link in that defence. Our midfield is absolute gash, gutless gash at that and Wilson MOM is probably the biggest laugh of the day. 

The most damning thing about today is that it was a vast improvement on the past few home games, yet it was still nowhere near good enough.

I think the change to a back 3 actually had the desired effect of improving the defensive side of things, none of the three CBs really put a foot wrong and there weren't any "heart in mouth" moments from the goalkeeper, but if you sit as deep as we did in the second half and invite wave after wave of attack then one of them is going to sneak in.  Dundee hardly battered us, but with continued pressure like they had it was inevitable they would score eventually.  And we all know what happens to this mob when they concede the first goal.

The problems arise from what is in front of the defence.  A piss-weak midfield, no width and a disjointed front two playing exactly like you'd expect a strike partnership playing together for the first time to play like.  We were so passive today.  Happy to sit off Dundee despite being the home team.  Happy to just launch the ball into areas and pass the responsibility onto someone else to deal with.  We're just lacking all the basic things a team needs; leadership, organisation, ambition.

I don't think this is necessarily the worst squad of players I've seen in my time and obviously in Dobbie we have the one trump card that could save us almost single-handedly.  The manager has proven on countless occasions now that he is incapable of getting the best from them and he needs to go tonight.  I genuinely feel like all a replacement would need to do is get us organised, and motivated and that would be enough to steer us out of trouble.

41 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
43 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:
Really having to stretch today pal, aren't we?

Stretching to a 21 point lead at the top last night. You cant give it the big club chat then turn up with that support though

Fucking delighted we are under your skin and tormenting you ………….now put yer toby back in yer pants and go have a beer 

7 minutes ago, Dobbie11 said:

Well we're you there today Nithsdale Wanderer, you would have seen a solid performance from Semple today, also Dobbie not going to work wonders when he was our only forward a lot of the time..

Of course I wasn't or I would not have been commenting on proceedings this afternoon.

There was plenty of clamour for Semple to start as if that was going to make all the difference.

I'm pleased he put in a good shift.

Leaving a 37 year old Dobbie up front on his won was never going to work out well. 

Just invited Dundee to come forward when they liked.

Messing up the 2-on-1 in the first ten minutes didnt help.

Viewing Kidd and Oliver as credible subs is a sackable offence.

And Yes, Semple was our best defender as we already knew.

Of course I wasn't or I would not have been commenting on proceedings this afternoon.
There was plenty of clamour for Semple to start as if that was going to make all the difference.
I'm pleased he put in a good shift.

Probably the only positive from today’s game was Semple’s performance. He looks as if he’s back to his “fighting weight” and won about every header he went for and looked decent on the ground. Even had a couple of Hollywood long passes at the start of the game that might have yielded something. Queens best chance also came during this period when Petra went through on goals and tried a shot! Dobbs was absolutely free beside him and would have probably scored.

[emoji90]day for football and a [emoji90]game. Dundee probably shaded it but I expected more from them considering the £££££’s they have laid out.

Massive 6 pointer next week against Morton! If ever we needed a performance and a result!!

Thought the team was set up today not to lose rather than try to win the match.

We were crying out for a change before they scored and I know Oliver was ready to come on was too late as damage was done. After we went a goal down I actually thought we pushed forward more although there was no end result.

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

The most damning thing about today is that it was a vast improvement on the past few home games, yet it was still nowhere near good enough.

I think the change to a back 3 actually had the desired effect of improving the defensive side of things, none of the three CBs really put a foot wrong and there weren't any "heart in mouth" moments from the goalkeeper, but if you sit as deep as we did in the second half and invite wave after wave of attack then one of them is going to sneak in.  Dundee hardly battered us, but with continued pressure like they had it was inevitable they would score eventually.  And we all know what happens to this mob when they concede the first goal.

The problems arise from what is in front of the defence.  A piss-weak midfield, no width and a disjointed front two playing exactly like you'd expect a strike partnership playing together for the first time to play like.  We were so passive today.  Happy to sit off Dundee despite being the home team.  Happy to just launch the ball into areas and pass the responsibility onto someone else to deal with.  We're just lacking all the basic things a team needs; leadership, organisation, ambition.

I don't think this is necessarily the worst squad of players I've seen in my time and obviously in Dobbie we have the one trump card that could save us almost single-handedly.  The manager has proven on countless occasions now that he is incapable of getting the best from them and he needs to go tonight.  I genuinely feel like all a replacement would need to do is get us organised, and motivated and that would be enough to steer us out of trouble.

You really think a new manager would make a difference ?

The players are giving 100 % the problem is that they are not good enough I don't think any new manager would make a difference you seem to think that if we get a new manager all of a sudden we would be hard to beat and start scoring goals again 

2 hours ago, Sankasouthy said:

Probably the only positive from today’s game was Semple’s performance. He looks as if he’s back to his “fighting weight” and won about every header he went for and looked decent on the ground. Even had a couple of Hollywood long passes at the start of the game that might have yielded something. Queens best chance also came during this period when Petra went through on goals and tried a shot! Dobbs was absolutely free beside him and would have probably scored.

emoji90.pngday for football and a emoji90.pnggame. Dundee probably shaded it but I expected more from them considering the £££££’s they have laid out.

Massive 6 pointer next week against Morton! If ever we needed a performance and a result!!

Certainly agree that Semple had a fine game after being out for so long. Well done big man.

The set up was 3 CBs and 2 Full Backs' not Wing Backs and with our Mid Field and Forwards poor we were encouraging Dundee to attack us. The defence performed well and I don't remember our keeper making a decent save. What was obvious was that the danger was coming from throw ins. I would have expected our keeper to take a couple of these throws as there was no way a throw was going to be switched to the back post The only time we looked like scoring was when we introduced Hamilton and pulled Devine.  Semple and Kilday handled the back no bother on their own and at last we pushed forward but way to late.  I thought Dundee were there to be beaten but it looked like our set up was to get a nil nil draw  With Semple proving his fitness surely we can get back to him and Kilday forming the base to enable us to get on the front foot and start to accumulate some points before it is to laten